I Can Now Dominate NWN2 Pitiful Reccommendations

Volourn

Mkreku: Cool.

Angshuman: I wish I knew. That's what the 'test' says. I'd have to ask someone too. If I were to hazard a guess, it likely means the particular processor runs faster than other equivelant types. I think that's what my brother told me.

Gifted: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

It tests your computer to see if you can run various games (released and upcoming).

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sweet, my home rig passes with flying colors.

CPU

Recommended: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better

You Have: 2 processors running - Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz  PASS 

CPU Speed

Recommended: 3 GHz

You Have: 2.99 GHz Performance Rated at 4.49 GHz  PASS 

System RAM

Recommended: 1 GB

You Have: 1022.1 MB  PASS 

Operating System

Recommended: Windows XP

You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)  PASS 

Video Card

Recommended: 256MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver (NVIDIA GeForce 6800+ / ATI Radeon X800+)

You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (GeForce 6800)  PASS 

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card  Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 256.0 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 3.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 3.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6672  FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer. 

DirectX Version

Recommended: DirectX 9.0c (included)

You Have: 9.0c  PASS 

Sound Card

Recommended: Yes

You Have: Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device  PASS 

Sound Card Driver Version

Your driver version number is: 5.1.2535.0  FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product. 

Free Disk Space

Recommended: 4.6 GB

You Have: 119.8 GB  PASS 

CD

You Have: SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S  PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

This is the information it gave me.

Minimum: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better

You Have: AMD Sempron Processor 3400+  PASS 

CPU Speed  Minimum: 2 GHz

You Have: 2.01 GHz Performance Rated at 3.40 GHz PASS 

System RAMMinimum: 512 MB

You Have: 1022.4 MB  PASS 

Operating System Minimum: Windows XP

You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)  PASS 

Video Card Minimum: 128MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500+ / ATI Radeon 9500+)

You Have: Radeon X1900 GT (Radeon X1900 Series (0x724B))  PASS 

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 256.0 MB

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6635

DirectX Version

Minimum: DirectX 9.0c (included)

Sound Card Minimum: Yes

You Have: ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver PASS 

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.1074

Free Disk Space Minimum: 4.6 GB

You Have: 45.6 GB PASS 

DVD Minimum: Yes

You Have: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D  PASS

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I passed the test  with these computer specs:

Duel processors running Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz

CPU Speed of 3.00 GHz Performance rated at 5.40 GHz

1.2 GB RAM

Windows XP

Radeon x1600

35.3GB free disk space

This computer CRUSHES NWN2!!!

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

LMFAO That don't dominate, it'll run it, but it don't dominate.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

CPU

You Have: 2 processors running - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ PASS

CPU Speed

You Have: 2.41 GHz Performance Rated at 6.90 GHz PASS

System RAM

You Have: 1022.5 MB PASS

Operating System

You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS

Video Card

Recommended: 256MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver (NVIDIA GeForce 6800+ / ATI Radeon X800+)

You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 (GeForce 7950 GX2) PASS

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 512.0 MB

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.9147 FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.

DirectX Version

You Have: 9.0c PASS

Sound Card

You Have: SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio PASS

Your driver version number is: 5.10.1.4530 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

Free Disk Space

You Have: 380.2 GB PASS

CD

You Have: SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615 PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

^ ahem

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Aah, I think I understand what the "rated at" means. Before Intel's "Core" processors came out, the Pentiums and Celerons ran at far greater clock speeds than their AMD counterparts, although the effective performance was equivalent. Therefore, AMD processors are being "rated at" a higher speed than their native clock speed that is representative of its Intel counterpart. For example, the Sempron 3400 above runs at 2.0GHz, but is actually equivalent to an Intel 3.4GHz. However, the rating should NOT be applied to Pentium 4's, since they are already running at the higher clock speed. For some reason, the software incorrectly applied the multiplier to Volourn's P4 as well, giving it the insane 5.4 rating.

It'll be interesting to see how this software "rates" Core 2's. A Core 2 X6800 at 2.93GHz should be rated at around 5.7GHz since you'd likely need a ~5.7GHz Pentium 4 to match an X6800. :D

Aah, I think I understand what the "rated at" means. Before Intel's "Core" processors came out, the Pentiums and Celerons ran at far greater clock speeds than their AMD counterparts, although the effective performance was equivalent. Therefore, AMD processors are being "rated at" a higher speed than their native clock speed that is representative of its Intel counterpart. For example, the Sempron 3400 above runs at 2.0GHz, but is actually equivalent to an Intel 3.4GHz. However, the rating should NOT be applied to Pentium 4's, since they are already running at the higher clock speed. For some reason, the software incorrectly applied the multiplier to Volourn's P4 as well, giving it the insane 5.4 rating.

When I was buying my AMD processors I asked about this, apparently Intel, in order to give an apparent greater speed, rated their processors at the speed that they communicated data to their 'north' and 'south' bridges rather than what the processor actually supplied to the motherboard ( giving a higher frequency than was applicable ), artificially boosting their speed numbers. This was why I was happy to buy a meager 2.6 Gh 4800+ and an FX-60.

Now I'm looking forward to whoever developes a 4 core and motherboard that runs reliably with standard software ( or a dual socket motherboard that will accept 2 quad core chips ).

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

The fun thing with this test is that you wont get a full OS score even if you run WinXP with the latest SP and updates :wub:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

When  I was buying my AMD processors I asked about this, apparently Intel, in order to give an apparent greater speed, rated their processors at the speed that they communicated data to their 'north' and 'south' bridges rather than what the processor actually supplied to the motherboard ( giving a higher frequency than was applicable ), artificially boosting their speed numbers. This was why I was happy to buy a meager 2.6 Gh 4800+ and an FX-60.

Now I'm looking forward to whoever developes a 4 core and motherboard that runs reliably with standard software ( or a dual socket motherboard that will accept 2 quad core chips ).

That's different, you're talking about off-chip bandwidth. The 2.6GHz etc. is the core processor frequency, and neither Intel nor AMD lie about this. It's just that the Pentium 4's used to do a lot less work per clock-cycle than an Athlon64. Now, the tables have turned somewhat and the Core 2 does more work clock-for-clock than the Athlon64, plus it's clocked higher too which gives it the insane performance.

The fun thing with this test is that you wont get a full OS score even if you run WinXP with the latest SP and updates :shifty:

That's probably because it's the requirement. SP2 likely provides no benefits for running NWN2, so you barely meet the minimum requirements because your OS is the minimum requirements.

If say, this game required only Windows 98 SE, you'd probably get a full score (assuming it worked in XP) with XP because it's above and beyond what you need.

You need XP to play the game, and if you have XP, you are meeting the requirements. There's nothing better (Windows-wise) out there. You'll notice that if you switch to recommended requirements, the score shifts to be one above what you need.

As for the requirements, I demolish it. Funny that it only recognizes my C drive for hard drive space though.

Edited by alanschu

CPU

You Have: AMD Athlon XP 2700+  PASS 

CPU Speed

Minimum: 2 GHz

You Have: 2.16 GHz Performance Rated at 2.70 GHz  PASS 

System RAM

Minimum: 512 MB

You Have: 1023.5 MB  PASS 

Operating System

Minimum: Windows XP

You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build 2600)  PASS 

Video Card

Minimum: 128MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500+ / ATI Radeon 9500+)

You Have: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE (GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE)  FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 128.0 MB

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 1.1

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 1.3

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.8421

FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.

DirectX Version

Sound Card

Minimum: Yes

You Have: NVIDIA® nForce Audio  PASS 

Your driver version number is: 5.10.2917.0

FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product. 

Free Disk Space

Minimum: 4.6 GB

You Have: 3.6 GB  FAIL: Sorry, your computer does not have enough Free Disk Space to meet this minimum requirement. Maybe it's time to buy another hard drive. Click 'We Recommend' to get all the disk space you need.

CD

You Have: LITE-ON DVD+RW LDW-401S

PASS,

LOLs

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The fun thing with this test is that you wont get a full OS score even if you run WinXP with the latest SP and updates :)

That's probably because it's the requirement. SP2 likely provides no benefits for running NWN2, so you barely meet the minimum requirements because your OS is the minimum requirements.

If say, this game required only Windows 98 SE, you'd probably get a full score (assuming it worked in XP) with XP because it's above and beyond what you need.

You need XP to play the game, and if you have XP, you are meeting the requirements. There's nothing better (Windows-wise) out there. You'll notice that if you switch to recommended requirements, the score shifts to be one above what you need.

I understand this line of thought, but I would have done it so that you got full score with XP and maybe half if had an OS that could run the game but wasnt ideal, like Win 2000 or similar.

My computer got around 75% overall, but Im not going to upgrade to 2gb of RAM until I get a an Intel C2D/775 system with DDR2

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

CPU

You Have: AMD Sempron™ Processor 2600+

PASS 

CPU Speed

Minimum: 2 GHz

You Have: 1.61 GHz Performance Rated at 2.60 GHz

PASS 

System RAM

Minimum: 512 MB

You Have: 1023.2 MB

PASS 

Operating System

Minimum: Windows XP

You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

PASS 

Video Card

Minimum: 128MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500+ / ATI Radeon 9500+)

You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (GeForce 7600 GT)

PASS 

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 256.0 MB

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.9128

FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.

DirectX Version

You Have: 9.0c

PASS 

Sound Card

You Have: Dispositivo MIDI compat

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Ah... That's why the OS wasn't a large pass. I feel better now. YES!

And, yes, naysayers, my computer DOMINATES the pitiful NWN2 reccomendations!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I ran that test a bit ago. It says I pass with flying colors, although I'm doubtful that's really the case. I'm sure it'll run ok...just not as well as the test might make one think. I did update my video driver tho, I'd fallen behind a little. :D

I was confused with the "2 processors running/rated at..." stuff too. I asked hubby about it and he said some techy stuff I don't remember...yes, I'm so helpful. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mkreku: Cool.

Angshuman: I wish I knew. That's what the 'test' says. I'd have to ask someone too. If I were to hazard a guess, it likely means the particular processor runs faster than other equivelant types. I think that's what my brother told me.

Gifted: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

It tests your computer to see if you can run various games (released and upcoming).

I just tried this and it vame back with everything unspecified.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

This is what i got.

CPU

You Have: 2 processors running - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+

PASS

CPU Speed

You Have: 2.21 GHz Performance Rated at 6.60 GHz

PASS

System RAM

You Have: 2.0 GB

PASS

Operating System

You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

PASS

Video Card

You Have: Radeon X1900 Series (Radeon X1900 Series (0x7249))

PASS

Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 512.0 MB

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6631

DirectX Version

You Have: 9.0c

PASS

Sound Card

You Have: ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver

PASS

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.1073

FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

Free Disk Space

You Have: 82.1 GB

PASS

DVD

You Have: SONY DVD RW DW-Q120A

PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.