TV: Heroes

Gfted1

I caught the first episode of Smith and thought it was great. The second and third however, were pretty much just repeats of the first with minor plot changes. Now that's retarded.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The was a fun episode! I had feared the hiro-part would be obnoxious but it's quite funny :lol:

The Autopsy part was good as well heh.

The bad guy - cylar/sylar - is his power telekinesis? He sure got a handle on it. Are we to believe he stopped the bullets and flew/levitated away?

As regards to the "event" in NY they refer to it twice as nuclear. Are there any nuclear power plants in NY (seriously doubt it) that would still allow this to be an accident of some sort?

I have a hunch that Syler is that girl hanging out with Mohinder.

So what, the phone message from an obvious male was her in disguise? Not bloody likely. I think that the chick hanging with Mohinder is probably a federal agent (probably in league with Claire's dad) spying on Mohinder for his info.

She probably had the apartment 'cleaned' so as to not alert the masses to the superhuman emergence.

edit: It looks like this show might be around if the ratings hold up.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I have a hunch that Syler is that girl hanging out with Mohinder.

So what, the phone message from an obvious male was her in disguise?

Oh... right. :">

Well, physically Syler looks like Nathan Petrolinni. I have it recorded and I want to check with PAUSE.

Also, unless the guy trying to kidnap the girl is not Syler, he is white, so the guy in the bar does not count. I'm pretty sure the guy in the bar(the African-American) is DL, Micah's father.

:thumbsup:

[...], so the guy in the bar does not count. I'm pretty sure the guy in the bar(the African-American) is DL, Micah's father.

Ah yes of course. I was wondering about him - thought he might be cylar - but with all the buildup-attention his name had been getting he was bound to popup soon.

But why can't the telepathguy hear his thoughts? Wouldn't it be quite a coincident that both Micah's parents had powers? I mean, it can't be genes as with the two brothers. That would be... disturbing.

I finally caught up with Ep3 and a few surprises. Ive come to the conclusion that the brothers have to be in proximity of each other to fly. Now, a couple of observations. So, the cheerleader can stay dead as long as whatever killed her is still present? (Is that the unluckyest girl EVAR? Shes had her neck broke and been impaled through the head within a few days) Also, as posted eariler, Sylar seems to have more info on the others with powers and seems to have a smattering of telekenisis, healing and flight. So, if his healing is similar to the cheerleader, he should have stayed dead after taking 5 rounds to the chest. At least till they removed the bullets. Fun episode.

I disagree with your points about Peter, Gifted. I think he's more of a power leech than anything else.

It would explain how he flew near his brother. It would also explain why he drew the picture of himself walking on air ( the stick figure thingy when he was in the hospital) after coming into contact with teh junkie.

As for Claire the cheerleader, I figure that having a piece of wood/metal lodged into the base of your brain would slow down her powers somewhat. Kind of something along the lines of her body going into a shutdown mode while it tried to heal around her injury. Then a while after it is removed, presto!!

As for Sylar, who knows what his powers are aside from the TK. He could have erected a small shield that knocked him back from the impact of the bullets. It also explains his flight.

It's just too early to make any sort of definate conclusions until we see some more episodes.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I disagree with your points about Peter, Gifted. I think he's more of a power leech than anything else.

It would explain how he flew near his brother.  It would also explain why he drew the picture of himself walking on air ( the stick figure thingy when he was in the hospital) after coming into contact with teh junkie.

:lol:

Sm4rt!

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I disagree with your points about Peter, Gifted.  I think he's more of a power leech than anything else.

It would explain how he flew near his brother.  It would also explain why he drew the picture of himself walking on air ( the stick figure thingy when he was in the hospital) after coming into contact with teh junkie.

As for Claire the cheerleader, I figure that having a piece of wood/metal lodged into the base of your brain would slow down her powers somewhat.  Kind of something along the lines of her body going into a shutdown mode while it tried to heal around her injury.  Then a while after it is removed, presto!!

As for Sylar, who knows what his powers are aside from the TK.  He could have erected a small shield that knocked him back from the impact of the bullets.  It also explains his flight.

It's just too early to make any sort of definate conclusions until we see some more episodes.

Excellent points Kor! I hadnt considered that Peter was a power leech as I had tagged Sylar to have that power since he seemed to display three powers.

Regarding the cheerleader, I cant see how they are going to explain that to the public. She was dead, (presumably) brought to a hospital and then the morgue. Flayed open like a fish on the table somebody (who was it? we dont see him after she wakes!) removes the stake from her head and presto, back to life. The whole town is going to know she died and the mortician probably evacuated his bowels so I figure the next episode will have to address the fact that some people have powers.

As for Claire the cheerleader, I figure that having a piece of wood/metal lodged into the base of your brain would slow down her powers somewhat.  Kind of something along the lines of her body going into a shutdown mode while it tried to heal around her injury.  Then a while after it is removed, presto!!

It is also easy to assume that since Syler takes the brains of his victims, it could be that powers are born of the brain or other organs. So, when Claire gets skewed in the head, she is technically dead. She wouldn't be on the autopsy table otherwise. But when her brain is "repaired", the power kicks in and she is fixed.

For her specifically, mutilation means nothing it seems as she did say she can go through a shredder and come out unscathed.

So I'm probably completely off on this.

Meh. The show is still good. :D

And if you check out NBC's official Heroes site, you'll see that the first three episodes are being repeated back to back on Sunday the 22nd. I think I'll prep the DVD recorder for that and Monday.

edit: and you might want to check out the official 9th Wonders boards

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

(Is that the unluckyest girl EVAR? Shes had her neck broke and been impaled through the head within a few days)

Funny thing too, she gets wasted by the same guy both times.

I think she stayed dead because with the stick or whatever still in her head, her brain couldn't regenerate as the stick thing was taking up the space he brain needed to take up to heal. Once it was out, she healed again. Though I don't know why the rest of her body wouldn't have healed anyway while she was being cut open.

Also, why would they have left that in her head while examining the rest of her? My guess is it wasn't an autopsy. I think her "dad" was using the opportunity of the stick-in-the-head coma to check out how she ticks.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg