NWN2.. for Nintendo DS!

GuardianLegend

As both a gamer and an aspiring game developer, mobile phones are THE WORST platform to both play on and make games for.

From a purely gamer perspective - I find mobile phone games pretty horrible. Maybe it is a sign of aging...but really, I have enough aggravation using a mobile for texting...

I played one sort of cute little platform game on my old mobile, but really the controls got quite annoying as the buttons were quite small. I certainly wouldn't pay to play a game on my mobile - that's what my DS and PSP are for. I just want a mobile phone to be exactly that - a phone.

wanders off muttering about "youth of today" and the price of fish...

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

The DS is the smallest platform I would play a game on. A cellphone is too small.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Turn based games work quite well on mobile phones. I've been thinking about picking up Civilization for my Nokia N-Gage (stop laughing, it was a gift!).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You'd better have a power cord for the N-Gage, because a game of Civ will not be a brief experience ... :D

The problem is that Java is not an ideal language for gaming. Sheesh, it's only now that multiple threading is even beginning to be pragmatically implemented (multiple-core CPUs), so a programming language that's main claim to fame (apart from its alleged portability) is multiple-threading. :shifty:

I played a bit of Snakebyte on my old Nokia ... the mobile telephone keypad is hardly conducive to game playing, though ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

They're both fruit, what's the point? Both of them are video games in a related genre.

One's 2D. One's 3D. Cell phones, all though have very great uses, are more of an inconvenience to me than anything. After my last one I will never own one again.

If someone wants to text message me, send me a link on an IM program or e-mail. If I want to play games, I'll use my computer or a classic console system.

Most of the "portable" games are complete crap anyway. I own a GBA and I won't even look for games anymore. I walk into a GameStop and I'm spammed with games for little children with ADD. "Oh, they're a Pokemon Dark Hued Saphire Boarded with Eggshell?! MOM! ZOMG!"

Pretty soon you'll start seeing Pokemon #08EFCB.

Edited by AngryKidJoe

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.