GOTHIC 3 - GOLD!!!!!

elkston

"In fact, Gothic 3 is shaping up to be the Oblivion many of us wish we'd gotten."

This line amuses me considering I believe that Oblivion recived a 95% score from them. :rolleyes:

Black and White received huge review scores as well, but in the end it still left a bitter taste in many people's mouths.

It's kinda like those sites that gave NWN great scores, then a few years down the line put it on the 'most overrated games of all time' list. I think that was Gamespy.

Yeah, they kind of forgotten that they were the ones who overrated it.

Edited by 6 Foot Invisible Rabbit

Harvey

Yeah, great and all, you could also take this to PM right now. Right now.

I don't want another thread getting overrun by a bunch of D&D-geeks having a go at each other. Those kind of threads have a history getting locked pretty soon and nobody wants that to happen. So, how about not starting anything, ok?

Edit: Ooh, shiny button that reads re...p...or...t. Mmm, I like dem shiny but-tohns. Cliiiick

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If you live in the US there's a Gothic 3 lottery going on right now.

http://gothic3.aspyr.com/default/contest

If you enter and win, you can win a high-end PC, hand painted in some Gothic 2 motif. You can also win copies of the game and t-shirts.

Just a heads up.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Just a heads up.

Thanks for it.

I want Gothic 3 :shifty:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

It seems it is becoming a more common trend to have patches come out on or near the day of release.

I feel like it's been that way for a while now. :)

They have a deadline for mass-producing and marketing, and they shove them out the door, with the idea that the programmers etc. can keep on working during the time it takes for that process, and then release the patch.

Reminds me a bit of the way walkthough books are out-of-date because they had to print before final version to be profitable.

At any rate, Gothic3 is a game I'll have to check out. I'm not sure if I'll like it or not, but it seems worth trying, anyway. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The adventure game Secret Files: Tunguska was recently delayed, even though it was ready for distribution, because they found some bugs with the cutscenes and they wanted to fix them instead of releasing a patch later on. Impressive.

Edited by Hell Kitty

A few new videos:

http://gothic-rpg.com/gc_videa1.php3?hra=Gothic3&jazyk=en

In one of the videos, there appears to be an entire city contained within a magical barrier, just like the entire island was in the original Gothic! Very cool.

Also, Piranha Bytes have confirmed that they are already hard at work on an expansion pack for Gothic 3. Geez, let us at least play the game first, will ya?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Better yet, release the game first and see if it was a financial success. LOL

Of course, G3 will be a financial success no doubt. It's been hyped as much as the other two big CRPGs this year (NWN2 and Oblivion) plus its a sequel to two pretty successful games.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's Gothic's new revolutionary AI?

I wonder why they deemed it fit to release that screenshot (unless it's not one released by the company). certainly seems odd.