GOTHIC 3 - GOLD!!!!!

elkston

EXCLUSIVE SOUNDTRACK FOR GOTHIC 3 COLLECTOR'S EDITION

Liezen, Austria, 19th of September 2006 - A few weeks before the RPG hit Gothic 3 is being released, JoWooD Productions and Co-Publisher Deep Silver announce a great addition to the Collector`s Edition: The exclusive soundtrack, which will be available in the Collector`s Edition, provides some of the most exciting masterpieces in gaming scores, written by Kai Rosenkranz, the composer for Gothic 3, and performed by the "Bochumer Philharmoniker."

"The Collector`s Edition is a special way to say "thank you" to all our true fans out there, and it therefore should contain what the fans desire most; in all Gothic-related boards, the fans literally begged for the soundtrack to be included. In a last-minute-attempt we tried to add the soundtrack CDs to the already planned package - and we managed!", explains Johann Ertl, Community manager for JoWooD Productions.

The Gothic 3 Collector`s Edition will be released the same day as the regular version - on October 13th of this year.

Source: http://www.gamespress.com/release.asp?c=v%08%CFo%B4

Would I be considered a fanboi if I put the soundtrack on eternal repeat in my CD-player after getting my Collector's Edition..? Only until I've finished the game, of course.. :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Have we actually heard Gothic 3's music yet? I haven't been excited by any computer game musics for a long time now, especially with the stupid Soule-styles. Jeremy Soule is so uninspired in 99% of his pieces it's a pain to have to listen to them on repeat in-game.

What's Rosenkranz' style?

Just a bunch of new, random pictures.

Gothic3_012.jpg

Fat ogres (?) in the snow. I like.

Gothic3_016.jpg

I have no idea what it is, but it looks brutal. I wanna hug it.

Gothic3_014.jpg

I love the troll designs in Gothic!

Yeah, I saw that now (on my home monitor). For some reason, the text wasn't readable on my work monitor.

PS. I want to hug the troll too.

Yeah, the homepage confirms this.

http://www.gothic3.com/index.php?do=097099...099101110101061

But on the official forums, they're saying that this won't cause the game to be delayed. We'll see.

This actually fits my plans. I am currently planning to build a new system, so a delay would only give me more time to decide (and wait for) my new computer specs.

There was a special music feature in RPGDot about Gothic 3. I don't know the exact link but I think it's still out there. Dhruin? Anyone?

For the record though, I like the orchestral, classical approach they've taken, no more synth. And war drums, I love war drums.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh crap, problems.

Apparently the german magazine PC Powerplay has received the first goldmaster (the one that was withdrawn) and tried to review it.. and failed! The game was so buggy it was deemed unplayable and thus received no rating. I'll cut & paste a snippet:

From the cover (roughly translated from german):

Gothic 3 With video!

Fallen through the test: Why Gothic 3 is a huge disappointment!

Bug-Scandal:We reveal the bugs - and tell you how things will continue

From inside the PC Powerplay:

The completed test version was available, but it had numerous bugs. Therefore the publisher pushed the master date back a week and promised to fix most bugs until then. The remaining bugs shall be fixed with a patch at release day. Thus a final verdict will only be given in the upcoming issue.

Those who have the mag posted that the test itself is rather positive. The only real complaint is that the version they had was buggy and/or unfinished to the point of unplayability. Thus they refused to rate the game. The mag includes the full test but no final rating.

JoWooD

This is getting ridiculous!

A withdrawn Goldmaster, a non-playable Review-Version, publishers who offer sword fights instead of decent QA and that all like three weeks before release?

I sense a total catastrophe!!!!

Better I postpone G3 to 2007.... it's not like it's running me away or something. There's already too much to play this fall.

Grrrrr. :thumbsup: <_<

I have to agree, that is scary. I would hold off on this game for a while, until it's presentable. Holy crap!

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Well, this is the first time Piranha Bytes have tried to release a Gothic to the international consumers at the same time as the german consumers. Both the other Gothic's were "betatested" by angry germans for six months before it reached international (english speaking) hands.

I wouldn't mind if they postponed the game a month or so. I'm planning my next computer upgrade right now, but since the DirectX 10 compatible cards haven't arrived yet I'm having a difficult time deciding which video card to get in the meantime. If they postpone it long enough, maybe the DirectX 10 compatible cards have been released when the game arrives? :()

Seems like prescibers of the largest German print mag GameStar already received their issue, with a 17-page Test of Gothic 3.

Final verdict: 85% (that's the withdrawn Goldmaster-version), but receives 89% if the bugs get fixed (so they'll re-test the Shelve-Version again in the next issue).

Just for comparison: G1&2 got 88% from the same magazine.

Here's just a rough translation of some pros and cons: (Green pos, Red negative)

Graphics 9/10: detailed environments, nice Spelleffects, very atmospheric illumination/lighning, partially ridiculous animations

Sound 8/10: orchestral Soundtrack, very good voice actors, ambient soundeffects, partially sparse effects, bugs in Dialogs

Balance 6/10: three difficulties, dangerous regions will be guarded by huge monsters, level of balance fluctuates, tough level-up

Atmosphere 9/10: world is full of life, well working reputation system, Day-Night-change, weather, several logic bugs, partially sturdy AI-craziness

Controls 8/10: easy-to-use controls, clear character-screen, usefull skill-bar, Quest-log, menus

Length 10/10: three huge regions, mass of quests, three guilds, replayability, tons of sectrets to discover

Quests & Plot 9/10: exciting story that is well implemented, different solutions, sometimes strenuous quests

Combat 6/10: lots of combos possible, each enemy demands different tactics, in larger groups imprecisely, bad fellow-AI

Characters 10/10: extensive skill-system, melee-magic-bows, usefull professions, good planning of character advancement

Items 10/10: Guild-specific weapons and armory, mass of Spells, crafting own items possible

Well, seems like it's still Gothic at it's best! I'm confident G3 rocks content wise, although bugs are stinkers, so I'll better wait a few months more before I get it.

Edited by Morgoth

Wish I could wait. But I am a weak creature and has had the Collector's Edition on preorder for several months already. I hate giving my money to developers that deliver buggy products, but I can't help myself :)

I desperately want Gothic 3. My computer cannot handle Oblivion, though (I bought Oblivion because my husband promised me a video card upgrade... but Oblivion is still sitting on my desk in it's shipping container, because I haven't the heart to open it when I know I can't play it). Looks like my gaming days are definitely over until I can manage to get a better computer. *cries*

So, a Core Duo E6600, a Radeon X1900XTX and 2048mb RAM should run this game in frames of mid-30's?

I'll wait for the patch.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ok, it seems like Dark Crusade is the end of gaming for me. I'm not going to upgrade anywhere near next few years, maybe ever.

Well, it had to come sometime.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds