ATi X1950XT

metadigital

The X1950 runs cooler and quieter than previous high-end X-series cards

If you've a 17" or 19" flat-panel monitor, where the native res 1,280x1,024, the [nVidia 7950] GX2 holds court in most areas. But for supreme pixel-pushing at high resolution, the X1950XT [in Crossfire] is is the mother of all setups. The card is less handy in solo mode, given the sinilar (sic) price of the GX2, and as we're expecting an imminent price drop across the X1900 range, the X1900XTX make still be your best bet for high-speed kicks at a (reasonably) sensible price. There is one more DX9 revision to come, mind

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I've been thinking about buying this to keep me warm during those long winter nights before the G80 and R600 comes out in all their DirectX10 compatible splendor. It's not even superexpensive!

By the way, did you know that Nvidia has warned that the G80 will consume 175 watts peak? ATI countered with the claim that the R600 will consume 200 watts peak.. I'm sooo glad I bought that 600W Cooltek PSU now >_<

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That's not good news, my 7900GTX pulls close to 90watt at peak and I can just barely make do with my 380w PSU. Although power consumption was overeresimated with the GF6 and 7.

Does anyone know if the Gf8 will use 90nm or if Nvidia will go lower?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

While ATI's R600 will be 65nm and support Unified Shaders... it's not looking good for nVidia.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

While ATI's R600 will be 65nm and support Unified Shaders...  it's not looking good for nVidia.

Are you sure about the 65nm bit? If ATi has access to a stable 65nm technology, I am sure Nvidia couldn't be far behind. My info was based on bits and pieces of rumors flying around and some personal speculation, so I could be wrong. There's no way Nvidia's going to be stuck with 90nm if ATi launches on 65.

Nothing is certain when it comes to the next generation of GFX cards. Ive read that ATI are experimenting with 65nm chips ( http://www.nordichardware.se/nyhet,10583.html ) but the truth behind that is questionable.

No. more. DX9.

Helo Windows Vista. Goodbye freedom.

Outdated doesn't mean useless.

Of course not. My 9000 series ATI card gets the job done except recently with the newer games. Its a couple of years old.

But to go out and buy the latest greatest thing at on ouragous price, when it will no longer be the latest greatest thing in a few months? I'll buy it a few months down the road when it's cheaper.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

If I can afford it, I always buy top-of-the-line. Im one of the people whos really bothered by teh jaggies so I need it. With 8-16x FSAA some games look like pre-rendered video :))

Today's texture-tankers may seem less puissant in future, in view of DX10's imminent arrival"

NVIDIA 7950GX2 represented a bit of a shift in the graphics goal posts. Two high-end GPUs bolted together in a single card may not be a new idea, but it's taken NVIDIA and its partners to do it properly and price it as close to sensible as can be

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I balk at buying $150 pair of sneakers/shoes even if it's been years since I bought a pair of shoes. Doesn't matter that I can afford it or if it's chump change; it would and does irritate me that companies think their sneakers are worth that much. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts