Jade Empire: Special Edition announced

Morgoth

2K games going to publish JE for PC

2K to Publish BioWare's "Jade Empire: Special Edition" for the PC

-- Action-RPG Anticipated for January 2007 with Enhanced Visuals and Additions --

New York, NY - September 7, 2006 - 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that it will be publishing Jade Empire: Special Edition for the PC. Jade Empire is an award-winning role-playing game (RPG) from renowned PC game developer BioWare. Anticipated for January 2007, Jade Empire: Special Edition will feature enhanced graphics and a number of new additions.

"We are thrilled to be partnering with 2K to deliver the immersive story and exciting world of Jade Empire to PC gamers," said Ray Muzyka, CEO of BioWare.

Jade Empire: Special Edition will be exclusively available for the PC and will feature increased graphic resolutions with new visual effects and fighting styles, as well as new monsters and enemies with enhanced AI. The game will also include customizable, intuitive controls and an all-new art book as part of the Special Edition bonus content.

"BioWare has a large and loyal fan base of PC RPG gamers and we have heard their many requests for a PC version of Jade Empire," said Greg Zeschuk, president of BioWare. "We are happy to work with 2K on our latest product."

"With Jade Empire's extensive list of accolades and BioWare's industry-wide respect as a developer, 2K is delighted to bring the beloved Jade Empire franchise to the PC," said Christoph Hartmann, President, 2K.

About Jade Empire:

In the ancient, mysterious world of the Jade Empire, players choose to act as a noble hero or treacherous villain by following the path of the "Open Palm" or the "Closed Fist." Players face powerful human and supernatural foes, learn exotic and magical martial arts and discover the darkest secrets of the world.

For more information, visit the Jade Empire website at: http://jade.bioware.com.

There, just so you know.

JE bombed! Why would 2K waste time, effort, and money in publishing a game that bombed on consoles!?! Are they so arrogant they think they can out market MS?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLIPOP

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Because (it even says so in the article) they have a large following of PC-gamers?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Whatever JE actually sold on console; I have very little doubt it will have less sales on the PC. L0llerz!

Great goin' 'PC fanbase!'! Where were you when the KOTOR console version CRUSHED its PC counterpart?!?

Edited by Volourn

Ofcourse the costs for 2K is alot lower than MS (if MS was the producer... if it was just the cash collector not ofcourse) too.

They don't have to go through the entire development process again would they?

Even if it sells less it might be more profitable (for both (edit; that means BW and 2K))

And MS won't like this one since it won't give them $ in royalties per title... :lol:"

Where were you when the KOTOR console version CRUSHED its PC counterpart?!?

Waiting for release? :ermm: (damn console-exclusive deals *grumbles*GTA*grumbles*)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

"(damn console-exclusive deals *grumbles*GTA*grumbles*)"

KOTOR didn't have a 'console exclusive' deal. It came out a few months after simply because it wans't ready yet. JE was a xbox exclusive.

Still, no exuse, BIO supposedly has this mass of PC focused fanbase... where were they when KOTOR PC came out? I know where. Playing KOTOR on xbox mostly. LOL

"They don't have to go through the entire development process again would they?"

No. And, sure they won't have to sell as many copies; but I'd be surprised if they sell even half the console version. JE is over a year old. Most of those who really wnated to play it have alreayd played it most likely.

KOTOR didn't have a 'console exclusive' deal. It came out a few months after simply because it wans't ready yet. JE was a xbox exclusive.

I am pretty sure it takes 3 months to ship internationally and to produce a PC version... that wait... got no additional work in that 3 months... :ermm:" (based on KOTOR2 and DX:IW types of "not ready yet"... never cared enough about KOTOR1 to follow launch days/times whatever etc.)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

No. And, sure they won't have to sell as many copies; but I'd be surprised if they sell even half the console version. JE is over a year old. Most of those who really wnated to play it have alreayd played it most likely.

That may be true in NA where every kid and grandma owns a console, but you forget about the European market, that is still more fond of PC games.

I expect the sales for JEPC to outnumber the mere 600k in Europe alone.

"I expect the sales for JEPC to outnumber the mere 600k in Europe alone. "

That was about 6 months ago. It's been like 9 months since. I'd be shocked if JE sold over 600k copies in Europe over 6 months time or even a years time.

Whatever JE actually sold on console; I have very little doubt it will have less sales on the PC. L0llerz!

I agree, I b\doubt this will seel well on the PC. But who knows?

btw, just realease Dragon Age, that's the only game I am interested in from Bio.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Will there be the same amount of playable characters as the Xbox Special Edition? Or even more?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

they is printing money. ever wonder why even the crappiest movie in the world gets a dvd release? is very similar principle. a small group o' biowarians ports je to pc and cost to bio is relatively small.

suggestion: if you is considering the purchase of this thing for any reason, wait until after first patch. you has already waited a lllllooooonnnnngggggg time for release of this title, so why not wait for a stable release, a release that will no doubt be considerably less than $50 by time of first patch?

no more posts for Gromnir in this thread... no matter what.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'll be buying it. I wonder if there'll be much new material, as I gather was the case with Fable: The Lost Chapters. The article only mentions monsters, AI and the like.

Is there going to be a Jade Empire 2, or are Bioware busy with Mass Effect and/or Dragon Age?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

BIO has no comment. MS says yes.

It should be noted, however, that BIO has an unannounced xbox 360 action RPG in the works listed on their site...

Edited by Volourn

"(damn console-exclusive deals *grumbles*GTA*grumbles*)"

then why was it initially marketed as "Only for XBOX!" when they started it's campaign? they knew that the pc version was going to come out eventually why not just market it normally?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"then why was it initially marketed as "Only for XBOX!" when they started it's campaign? they knew that the pc version was going to come out eventually why not just market it normally?"

Ask the marketing people. But KOTOR was always designed with a xbox/PC dual release.

Unlike JE, a PC version was announced when the game was announced. JE was a true exclusive by design.

Edited by Volourn

Crap. Now I wish me and my cousin and my cousin's 5 year old sister-daughter hadn't played through it on the Xbox. It would have been fun to go through on the PC. Even if the fighting mostly consisted of jumping around, using one combo or going into Jade Golem state (or whatever the lame thing was called).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'll be buying it.  I wonder if there'll be much new material, as I gather was the case with Fable: The Lost Chapters.  The article only mentions monsters, AI and the like.

I asked the same thing at Bioboards and the answer was no.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I remember killing the final boss in less than a minute with some random fighting, then one hit with the Jade Golem.

Of course, I finished the thing in one day and gave it back to the DVD store, so. :(