What are you playing now?

Darque

I wanted to play Diablo1 but I couldn't get it to work for some reason. :ermm:

So back to Summoner, then...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

are you referring to the mod of D1 for NWN, called "Lord of Terror"?

i have it running with no problems, and am running version 1.06.

if that's not what you are referring to, then please elaborate as to how you installed Diablo1, where you installed it and what happens when you attempt to execute it. :)

i have winxp, sp2, all essential windows updates, fairly new drivers for vid & sound card and don't need to use compatibility mode. the version of diablo1 i'm running is v1.09.

V***V

Edited by vesselle

well

whatever

nevermind

I have a friend that wants to play BG2 with the original NPC portraits from the first game (original Imoen, Jaheira, etc.) is there a mod out there that makes that possible? Or can you do that easily through coding... or what? He refuses to play it without it (he likes the original game, and he's unnerved by the updates) and I want to live vicariously through my friend who's playing the game for the first time.

Edited by Pop

I think some people use that Shadowkeeper utility to do that, but I don't have first-hand experience. Some others might here, though.

I've always wanted to learn it because it seemed like it had cool possibilities, but never took the time to pick it up.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Re: Diablo1

XP Pro, SP2 (MS's firewall stuff is disabled), installed on C drive, using a DVD-RW drive, blah blah.

Installed it - it ran. Patched it to 1.09. Made a chr. Went to bnet, made an account, was logged in to the lobby. Tried to create a game and it crashed to desktop. Re-booted. Then every time I tried to click play it would give me a big red and gold box saying "Please insert the CD-ROM."

Uninstalled it, installed, patched - doesn't even run the first time at all, now, just says "Please insert the Cd-ROM". Another box says it can't read the main .mpq file. Repeat several times. Hit the computer. Tried another disc (I have 2 copies of the game). Same thing. Give up. :lol:

PC sees the CD fine, I can go into Explorer and read the contents of the CD etc. Compatiability didn't do anything.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Re: Diablo1

XP Pro, SP2 (MS's firewall stuff is disabled), installed on C drive, using a DVD-RW drive, blah blah.

Installed it - it ran. Patched it to 1.09. Made a chr. Went to bnet, made an account, was logged in to the lobby. Tried to create a game and it crashed to desktop. Re-booted. Then every time I tried to click play it would give me a big red and gold box saying "Please insert the CD-ROM."

Uninstalled it, installed, patched - doesn't even run the first time at all, now, just says "Please insert the Cd-ROM".  Another box says it can't read the main .mpq file. Repeat several times. Hit the computer. Tried another disc (I have 2 copies of the game). Same thing.  Give up. :lol:

PC sees the CD fine, I can go into Explorer and read the contents of the CD etc. Compatiability didn't do anything.

Funny that. I'm having the same problem with Diablo, and Deus Ex, and System Shock 2.

I think it's something with XP. I never used to encounter this.

Some people can get it to run just fine in XP...but yeah, I'm sure it's an XP thing, for whatever reasons. Myself, I've had more problems w/older games since installing SP2.

I have a friend that wants to play BG2 with the original NPC portraits from the first game (original Imoen, Jaheira, etc.) is there a mod out there that makes that possible? Or can you do that easily through coding... or what? He refuses to play it without it (he likes the original game, and he's unnerved by the updates) and I want to live vicariously through my friend who's playing the game for the first time.

you can either use shadowkeeper, or by some mod. check the pocketplane modlist.

I bet she looks slightly better than Muso? when doing it too :p)

Only slightly? :()

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The Undreaming is unchained

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I never really got into Arcanum. It was a bit too funky.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I never really got into Arcanum.  It was a bit too funky.

I found it kind of fell apart after the wonderful character creation process :) Once you give it a chance, there's really a lot of roleplaying opportunity in the thing. Definitely an imbalanced game, though.

That is what I thought after playing it for a while. After a stint with Arcunam I went to Neverwinter Nights 1. Still playing that game. Going to give Dragonshard a peek though.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Hey... I really should install that again. :(

Do it you know you want to play it again.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester