MCA's Fallout 2 interview

funcroc

It wasn't so much the Fallout 2 part that was interesting as it was the Fallout 3 part >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

MCA's Fallout 2 interview

What, another one?

That's what I thought. Still, I guess it's a useful discipline. The guy knows that unless he makes some truly great games in the future, people will never stop bugging him about Fallout 2.

I still haven't played this game, after a bug left me unable to finish Fallout 1. Is it as much of an improvement over Fallout 1 as BG2 was over BG1? Similar levels of character interaction, he asked hopefully? :)

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I still haven't played this game, after a bug left me unable to finish Fallout 1.  Is it as much of an improvement over Fallout 1 as BG2 was over BG1?  Similar levels of character interaction, he asked hopefully? :)

I would say so.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

2 is better, a whole lot better.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"although 1 had a better plot."

They had the same plot...

1 did it better, then?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I hope Obsidian works on a R rated game so the devs will have fun expressing themselves.

Something like the World of Darkness setting. If they do a Vampire game they could do the timeline crossover things flashback/forwards over a series.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Every time when I hear something about Fallout 3, I become very sad :blink: Back to the funny videos thread!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

"although 1 had a better plot."

They had the same plot...

stop lying.

Plot 1: Find an item to save your people and defeat the bad guys!

Plot 2: Find an item to save your people, but when you do they get captured so you just have to save your people still while hoping the item that will save your people doesn't get stolen or loss, then defeat the bad guys.

:blink:

"annoying, isnt it?"

No, actually, it isn't.

P.S. No matter how blue your face gets, the FO series plots are basically copycats of each other. It's so obvious. In fact, that's my biggest beef with FO2 (outside of it having its share of bugs) is that it's story rips off it's prequel.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.