The Music Thread - Currently Listening To

Baley

The Beastie Boys - Live At PJs

I can remember when this episode aired back in the day. Apparantley the BB spazzed on one of the interns. So throught the hour long show Dave kept saying they didn't want 'any trouble' from the band.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The Beastie Boys - Live At PJs 

I can remember when this episode aired back in the day.  Apparantley the BB spazzed on one of the interns.  So throught the hour long show Dave kept saying they didn't want 'any trouble' from the band.

Hell, I never knew they played instruments!

The Twilight Singers - Live With Me/Where Did You Sleep Last Night

FYI:

It's a live broadcast from a Belgium rock festival called Pukkelpop, I think. Mark Lanegan is on lead vocals on these songs. The first is a Massive Attack song, and the second is the classic blues number (Muddy Waters, I think?) that Nirvana popularized on their unplugged album.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Hell, I never knew they played instruments!

That was the whole schtick for their third album, 'check your head'. I quite enjoyed it, although Paul's Boutique will always remain my favorite Beastie Boys album. I can remember the promos for their next lp. Mike D got on Much Music and flat out said " We made no new musical headway on this album". It was teh funneh.

They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I guess I missed that phase of the Beasties' career.

Damn, man. I love that "Live With Me" song. Here's the

, as done by Massive Attack. Pretty artsy video, basically chronicling one girl getting on the booze train solo and riding all the way down.

Damn! That was pretty good Drabs. Both versions. I kind of lost track of where Live With Me ended and Where Did You Sleep started. Then the second clip kind of hypnotized me for a minute or five.

Soul Asylum -

It's too bad Dave Pirner never became as cool as he thought he was. He did manage to bag Winona Ryder, however.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Boy - Up in This Town

Zero 7 - Destiny

Coil - Cold Dream of an Earth Star

The Streets - Turn the Page

If anyone's interested, NIN (hey, look at my avatar!) has put up a teaser vid for the W_T tour DVD. I saw them 3 times this tour, and I have to say I'm unsure as to whether the awesomeness of NIN live will translate all that well into crisp HD format. It certainly makes Trent look more like a British street thug than a composer of music.

Edited by Pop

The Twilight Singers - Live With Me/Where Did You Sleep Last Night

FYI:

It's a live broadcast from a Belgium rock festival called Pukkelpop, I think. Mark Lanegan is on lead vocals on these songs. The first is a Massive Attack song, and the second is the classic blues number (Muddy Waters, I think?) that Nirvana popularized on their unplugged album.

Where Did You Sleep Last Night is originally by Leadbelly. Mark Lanegan covered it on one of his solo albums as a collaboration with Kurt Cobain, who later played it at their Unplugged show.

Iron Maiden - Paschendale

Edited by TrueNeutral

It's an Appalachian folk song - if I'm not mistaken, and I don't think I am - so, obviously, there've been plenty of versions along the years. Leadbelly sure did whore it - beautifully, mind you - in the 40s. "Black Girl", "In The Pines" and so on and so on forth, etc, etc.

Burning Spear - Old Marcus Garvey.

Jeff Buckley - If You See Her, Say Hello

It's awesome. He starts the intro playing slide, but the guitar sounds slightly out of tune. He sort of tries to correct a bit as he goes along, but around a minute in he gives up and jokingly complains that it'd be much better if they weren't recording (this is from the Sin-

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Twilight Singers - Teenage Wristband

How was this not a hit again?

Kor, those Urge Overkill guys sure know how to play the rock star, don't they? Also, I highly (pun IN-tended) doubt School of Fish were straight-edge.

And here's a blast from the past. 1983, to be exact.

U2 - Two Hearts Beat as One

Boy - Up in This Town

Zero 7 - Destiny

Coil - Cold Dream of an Earth Star

The Streets - Turn the Page

If anyone's interested, NIN (hey, look at my avatar!) has put up a teaser vid for the W_T tour DVD. I saw them 3 times this tour, and I have to say I'm unsure as to whether the awesomeness of NIN live will translate all that well into crisp HD format. It certainly makes Trent look more like a British street thug than a composer of music.

Wow... I didn't even realize that was Trent. He looks different these days. More... British, I guess, now that you mentioned it.

Oh, and that "Turn the Page" song is the "bomb-diggity."

you can't do 'alf, my crew laughs at yer rhubarb and custard verses

you rain down curses but i'm drivin' your hearses flyin' by, Streets ridin' high

^off the cuff, but most likely correct.

Oh, and I'm watching the "

" video again. That Terry Callier dude has a fantastic soul voice.

"Wow... I didn't even realize that was Trent. He looks different these days. More... British, I guess, now that you mentioned it."

It's the short hair. I'm kind of glad he cut it, it was kind of ridiculous with him getting all bulked up to have long hair. But his age shows more, now.

I have had the fortune of coming across This site, which consists of a lot of game S/Ts in .mp3 format for download. It's got the Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack (which I'm listening to now, easily my favorite soundtrack ever) and the BG themes. I'm just floating through my gamer nostalgia......

Edited by Pop