Woman gets booted from sunday school

Calax

It saddens me that you have such a poor grasp the cross-discipline scientific evidence to seriously entertain this particular belief.

But you probably believe that the fossil sea shells that make up the white cliffs of Dover are a nice decorative touch by the Alpha God.

Sure, why not. I believe he is all-powerful. Why can't he do something like that?

It doesn't matter about how I believe the world was created. As you said, my driving belief in life is to love God and love others, so trying to convince people that the world was made 6000 years ago is stupid. In fact, I'll recant that earlier comment, simply because it has no bearing on my beliefs as a whole. I believe God created everything, that is all that's needed.

Though I tend to abstain from conversations such as this because I have my beliefs and other people have theirs, and when it comes to stuff such as this no one is going to give up any ground (which is why I avoided the topic when you wanted to bring it up in a different thread Blank).

I do give ground though. Like now when I realize that believing the world was made 6000 years ago is rather stupid to push as a point that matters.

this is reminding me of the video in the funny video's thread that pide(?) posted.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Read the Brothers Karamazov. In particular, read Ivan's interchange with Alyosha. It is not for the faint of heart and religion and belief take a ruthless beating at the hands of Dostoevsky. He feared, after he wrote it, that he had made an argument against faith that he had failed to address within the book.

"Do you understand why this infamy must be and is permitted? Without it, I am told, man could not have existed on earth for he could not have known good and evil. Why should he know that diabolical good and evil when it costs so much?"

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

That isn't really love.  That is just God's selfish desire to raise himself above his creations.

You're just being an extremist moron, Hades.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

So then I should have just said extremist?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

But not always.

So just most of them are?

"My driving belief in life is to love God and love others." Just to note, nowhere in that last post did I say God was loving. Now I will say God is loving, so now your comment can apply.

God has a lot to do with love. Primarily, how he died for sin on the cross. As for eternal torture, since the last time we spoke, Hades, I have thought at length about this subject. Indeed, how can a loving God put someone in eternal torture? To that I will say again that I believe God is sovreign, rightous, just, and most importantly, good. So can a good, loving God, allow that to happen? He allows free will, and there is punishment for certain choices, but will he punish eternally?

On this issue, a few months ago, I decided that I won't draw a distinction, except that I know there is some kind of punishment, or else salvation would be meaningless (that is, if there is no punishment, then salvation from what?).

I studied the issue, and the eternal fire and brimstone isn't completely clear in the bible. The closest I see is that the devil, the beast, and the antichrist are thrown into the lake of fire, to burn for eternity, and that anybody whos name is not found in the book of life will be thrown in also (though there is no timeframe given for those people, as it is given for the devil, the beast, and the antichrist). If the passage said that the people who aren't in the book of life will be thrown into the lake of fire for eternity, then my belief would be more concrete, but that passage gives the most detail about the economy of hell that is in the bible.

Although, regardless of this, I have faith in a God that I believe is sovreign. If you believed that, it would only make sense to serve him, your soul would be at his fingertips. Moreover, I serve him by doing good. I don't see why you are adverse to a belief system that only permits you to do good. Perhaps the reason behind it? Because the reason is that it is for God? The reason is actually that it is for good, it is for the sake of good. I happen to believe that God defines good. So what he did in Egypt, was that good? I won't say. Ask him when you get to heaven. Or heck, ask him now, he might answer you.

Edited by Blank

So would that mean that being a moron is unrelated to being an extremist? It's just coincedence?

Well, I do what I think is good but I will not follow God or his teachings, and I never will. From my readings of the Bible I view God as a petty tyrant who seeks others to glorify and acts like a spoiled malicious child when they do not. To each their own I guess.

Answer the question!

I don't have time for games!

I'm on the hunt.

It saddens me that you have such a poor grasp the cross-discipline scientific evidence to seriously entertain this particular belief.

But you probably believe that the fossil sea shells that make up the white cliffs of Dover are a nice decorative touch by the Alpha God.

Sure, why not. I believe he is all-powerful. Why can't he do something like that?

I agree that an omnipotent force can certainly do it. The point is why? That's the problem with conspiracy theories, the effort involved outweighs the utility. Or is there some ulterior motive for the supreme being to create an illusory reality for the patronized creation? Why does a GOD need to do that? What is being hidden, and why?

It doesn't matter about how I believe the world was created. As you said, my driving belief in life is to love God and love others, so trying to convince people that the world was made 6000 years ago is stupid. In fact, I'll recant that earlier comment, simply because it has no bearing on my beliefs as a whole. I believe God created everything, that is all that's needed.

Excellent. A much more tenable belief. And a salute your maturity.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT