The Comicbook thread Pt. IX

Kaftan Barlast

yea......see why they made the ultimate universe?

I know why they made the ultimates universe... it's just that each series has an underlying weirdness to it

Xmen:We're better than you... and we shoot lasers!

Spiderman: I'm the most EMO thing in the WORLD! and I will be forced to work for nick fury when I turn 18 :cries:

Ultimates:(singing)I'm a ****, I'm a ****, I'm a **** (no your not... your a woman... women can't be ****... they are bit..) THWACK!

Ultimate Fantastic Four: We're Young! But Genius'! And we have opponents that kill their brothers and use the brain matter to increase their intelligence!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

yea......see why they made the ultimate universe?

I know why they made the ultimates universe... it's just that each series has an underlying weirdness to it

Xmen:We're better than you... and we shoot lasers!

Spiderman: I'm the most EMO thing in the WORLD! and I will be forced to work for nick fury when I turn 18 :cries:

Ultimates:(singing)I'm a ****, I'm a ****, I'm a **** (no your not... your a woman... women can't be ****... they are bit..) THWACK!

Ultimate Fantastic Four: We're Young! But Genius'! And we have opponents that kill their brothers and use the brain matter to increase their intelligence!

The thing with Ultimate Spider-Man is... how else do you expect a 15 year old kid to react?

The Ultimates is just The Authority, only under US control.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

except it's not the ultimates as a whole chanting "I'm a male phallus" it's each character by themselves... it all adds up to a horrific book that I really only collect for the fights.

never read the authority... I've just been working off the ultimates... and I think the ultimates personalities are horrible.

never read the authority... I've just been working off the ultimates... and I think the ultimates personalities are horrible.

The Authority, formerly Stormwatch Black, the covert ops squad of Stormwatch, the UN superhuman response team, is a superhero team... well, I guess they wouldn't technically be heroes... but anyway, basically, if you try to do bad, they kill you. They go around killing dictators and wiping out whole militaries so the nations that control them can't **** with people. The US nearly started an interdimensional war, so they conquered the US. Basically it was life as usual, except that they were forcing car companies to build electric cars and fuel companies to increase clean fuel research. The Doctor, who is the most powerful of the group, he can basically control reality. So he formed his own religion.

Its pretty sweet. My favorite line:

Welcome to LA, we're here to hurt you.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Authority, formerly Stormwatch Black, the covert ops squad of Stormwatch, the UN superhuman response team, is a superhero team... well, I guess they wouldn't technically be heroes... but anyway, basically, if you try to do bad, they kill you. They go around killing dictators and wiping out whole militaries so the nations that control them can't **** with people. The US nearly started an interdimensional war, so they conquered the US. Basically it was life as usual, except that they were forcing car companies to build electric cars and fuel companies to increase clean fuel research. The Doctor, who is the most powerful of the group, he can basically control reality. So he formed his own religion.

Its pretty sweet. My favorite line:

Welcome to LA, we're here to hurt you.

Oh I knew about the authority... they were the basis for the "justice lords" off of JL season two.

Also Just picked up Legion of Superheroes.... Imagine a bunch of kids using their racial abilities to save the universe while getting dating tips from old comic book stories.

So on another board someone posted a thread titled "15 DBZ characters vs 15 DC/Marvel characters"

Basically a "who would win" type situation.

I said "no need for 15 characters on the Marvel/DC side... Scarlet Witch. DBZ loses."

They called me a moron. Um, She can rewrite reality? How can they beat her? She can wink them out of existance with a thought.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, you did decide to take part in the argument.

They didn't even have an argument. The two responses after my post were "Oerwide = Not very smart." and "Oerwinde = Baka"

Though you have a point. If you like DBZ logic and reason are beyond your grasp :blink:

Devastatorsig.jpg

Dragonball.. thats that cartoon about constipated children, innit?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

With tails, yeah.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So on another board someone posted a thread titled "15 DBZ characters vs 15 DC/Marvel characters"

I said "no need for 15 characters on the Marvel/DC side... Scarlet Witch. DBZ loses."

They called me a moron. Um, She can rewrite reality? How can they beat her? She can wink them out of existance with a thought.

lesse... superman, wonderwoman, scarlet, phoenix, silver surfer, Cable (at full power... when he was the messiah), Xman, Thanos (with the infinity gauntlet and all five gems), Darkside, Wolverine, Captain America, Collossus, and finially last but not least... Franklin richards (the guy who gods asked to ascend but said no because mommy and daddy were better :blink: )

that would be so lopsided it's not even funny... reality warping planet destroyers. One of em killed half the universe with a snap of his fingers (thanos)

I think the cast of DB could purge a couple of galaxies, but all Marvel needs is a time-traveling Wolverine to axemurder their mothers, before they were born.

Yeah.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I think the cast of DB could purge a couple of galaxies, but all Marvel needs is a time-traveling Wolverine to axemurder their mothers, before they were born.

Yeah.

Thanos + infinity gauntlet=god...

he actually beat up all the aspects of the universe (including galactus) with that sucker.

What I meant is, that you don't need Wanda or Legion or any of the big players, just a lone Wolvie in warp.

The whole killing their mothers before they were born sounds exactly like a run-off-the-mill Marvel story.

kirottu said:

What I meant is, that you don't need Wanda or Legion or any of the big players, just a lone Wolvie in warp.

The whole killing their mothers before they were born sounds exactly like a run-off-the-mill Marvel story.

Now they need to make a Terminator vs Wolverine movie.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Don't give them any ideas (for terrible movies) ... e.g. Jason versus Freddy ... :blink:

I was actually looking forward to the rumored Freddy vs Jason vs Ash movie.

Devastatorsig.jpg

There was a copy of Uncanny X-Men in the magazine cart in the back room. After browsing through it, I have a couple of questions. First , is this part of the Ultimate line? And second, who the **** is Vulcan?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Wow...that particular hoary question keeps cropping up?

I used to see it all the time on USENET and if you ever suggest that a US Superhero can beat any DBZ character it was always flametime for the DBZ fans.

There are actually several characters who could - reasonably - beat the DBZ crew from Marvel/DC. Scarlet Witch changing reality would work. The Spectre killing them all would work.

Heck, Kid Eternity summoning all of the DBZ characters who'd died (which is, like, all of them) back to fight themselves could work (of course some would argue that's stretching the Kid's ability somewhat, but still... :blink: ).

Wolverine and Rip Hunter/Kang/Chronos/(insert your favorite time traveler owned by DC or Marvel) teaming up would work as suggested too... :p

There are probably a long line of scenarios one could create that would see the DBZ crew defeated...just don't tell their fans that... :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

There was a copy of Uncanny X-Men in the magazine cart in the back room.  After browsing through it, I have a couple of questions.  First , is this part of the Ultimate line?  And second, who the **** is Vulcan?

The Ultimate titles all have "Ultimate" in their title. So Ultimate X-Men would be the Ultimate version...

SPOILERS FOR VULCAN:

Vulcan is Gabriel Summers, the missing 3rd Summers brother. X-Men: Deadly Genesis reveals that before the New X-Men team were sent to defeat Krakoa the living island, Professor X had sent a different team, led by Gabriel. The team was destroyed but managed to rescue Scott (setting up the New X-Men from Giant Sized X-Men #1).

Because Scott blamed himself for his brothers apparent death, Professor X wiped everyone's mind so they wouldn't remember Vulcan or his X-Men team.

After the House of M, Vulcan was awakened by an energy surge and went after the X-Men, killing Banshee before being stopped. That's the last I heard of the character (don't really keep up with the X-titles)

Edited by metadigital

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man