NHL

Darque

That first period between Carolina and Buffalo was a little off, but things were nice and chippy by the second.

Dany Heatley and Mats Sundin have come through for me tonight. It's still pretty early so I don't have both sets of players memorized just yet. I know I picked Eric Cole in one of them.

And this should be a good test of how Colorado will fare on the powerplay this season.

edit: Joltin' Joe picked up his first on the 5 on 3 and Wolszki(sp)? added one on the following one man advantage.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Dallas decides to play in the 3rd period, fights back for the big win. Which ultimately leaves me with squat!

My roommate however, gets 1 goal from Modano, 2 assists and 2 powerplay points from Liles, and an excellent performance from Marty Turco!

Ha! Dallas did the same thing last season in their opener, except they went down 4-0 against LA and rallied to win 5-4.

Those pesky Stars. Daryl Sydor seems to be content back in Texas. Believe it or not, I like the addition of Matthew Barnaby for the Stars. He might not win every fight he gets into , back you can't fault the guy for lack of trying.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I think you need to face them 3 more times during the month as well.

I honestly don't really mind the NHL schedule, even if it means my Oilers get to go up against Luongo, Kiprusoff, Fernandez, and (hehe) Theodore 8 times each.

I think you need to face them 3 more times during the month as well.

I honestly don't really mind the NHL schedule, even if it means my Oilers get to go up against Luongo, Kiprusoff, Fernandez, and (hehe) Theodore 8 times each.

Yeah, the TSN commentators were saying that Ottawa faced Toronto 4 times this month. I couldn't help but think how crappy a season start that will make. :-"

A guy at work and I were discussing whether or not the Leafs would start out 0-4-1 over their first five games. Paul Maurice is a great coach, but you can't expect things to happen overnight.

And this article makes me both sad and happy at the same time. I've grown accustomed to watching hockey on CBC. But at the same point, it's just about the only reason to watch that station.

As for tonights' BOA, I'm rooting for an Oiler win of course, but I do know the history of our team when we raise a banner/jersey. It's not too good.

Go OIlers!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm hoping the Leafs will put up a fight tonight against Ottawa. That's all I demand; an honest attempt at winning the game. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt if we finally got some of our lines to gel too. Ok, so a decent fight and some positive news about the team. That's all I demand.

At least two thirds of our first line looked real good last night: Wellwood and Sundin. Let's hope Ponikarovski can get started, or that Maurice finds someone else that's a better fit for Mats.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

LETS GO RANGERS!

It's time for Jagr to win the scoring title after he was robbed last seasons.

P.S. I know he wasn't really 'robbed'. It's called being bitter. Heh.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hey, didn't somebody tell Vancouver this is the year that they are supposed to suck?

Interesting, something is obviously going wrong tonight if both Vancouver and Toronto are winning. Toronto just went up 3-0 on the Sens. Patrick Eaves is also out of the Sens line-up right now. That's two injuries in two games. :)

So what does this all mean for the Edmonton/Calgary game later?

You can make that 4-0 now. I'm glad Mats Sundin is coming through for me even if my Sens trio is being held off the scoresheet.

And Laozi should be happy that so far the Hawks have battled back to take the lead against Nashville.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

You can make that 4-0 now.  I'm glad Mats Sundin is coming through for me even if my Sens trio is being held off the scoresheet.

And Laozi should be happy that so far the Hawks have battled back to take the lead against Nashville.

Ugh... 5-0 so far. <_< At least I still have the Edmonton game to look forward too. :)

Edited by Deraldin

YAY :lol: Nice to see the Leafs rebound against the Sens, something they've had a tough time doing in recent years... well, in the regular season.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Woohoo! I woke up this morning and my butt wasn't red from being spanked! Then I knew something special had happened. But I didn't have time to check out the NHL news until I got to work (where I am writing this) to find out the fantastic score :lol:) GO LEAFS GO!

Nice to see the Penguins beat the crap out of Philly.. on their hometurf. I don't know why, but I get all warm and fuzzy inside when I see that the Flyers lost. The Penguins have secretly (well, I missed it) traded for Jarkko Ruutu, one of my favourite players, and a very underrated player at that. He will be extremely valuable to that team.

Kyle Wellwood, 4 assists.. wow. The kid is really thriving on the first line. Imagine if he had size to go with those hands..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I did okay in my pool. Oilers win trumps all, so no matter what it's a good day.

But I also got 3 goals, 6 assists, 6 PIM, +6, and 5 PP points. I also played Fernandez, who had a solid game.

I'm thinking on dropping Niittymaki, as I don't think he'll play much with his injury. Not sure who I should pick up. I think MAF in Pittsburgh will be an excellent goalie, and he certainly played well tonight, but he could be a gamble still, as he's not really on a strong team.

Not many goalies available though.

The only bad things are that Toronto and Vancouver won. Though I have Daniel Sedin and Sami Salo in my pool, so at least they contributed.

Edited by alanschu

The team you helped select rocketed up to sixth spot last night Alan. Joltin' Joe should be a boon in that department.

All in all I was really pleased with last nights game. Calgary had what, nine powerplay attempts? Sykora gets three points and goes five for six in the faceoff circle? Not bad at all.

Our defence did look a little wonky there for the first, but Tjarnqvist for one certainly calmed down a fair bit. I see Staios had 23 minutes of ice time. That's far too much for him. And Greene didn't called for a penalty and still managed to play physical.

Leaguewide we got a preview of the Gaborik/Demitra experience. From what I watched from the Minny/Avs game it's not just them we should worry about. The second line of Todd White, Brian Rolston and PM Bouchard was all over the Colorado defence.

And I also caught the tail end of the Sharks and Blues. The Sharks have the same question marks on defence that Oilers do, it seems.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Sharks will struggle on D for a chunk of the season, but I keep expecting them to move Toskala or Nabakov for a seasoned D-man. Still, I'm not too worried about them, they've got a young group that knows how to move the puck. They will make mistakes, but they have the offense to make up for it.

Case in point, Carle missed his assignment and the Blues scored last night, but a few minutes later he made a great play and scored the first goal of the season. They won't shut many teams out, but they'll supply a good deal of offense.

I'm thinking on dropping Niittymaki, as I don't think he'll play much with his injury.  Not sure who I should pick up.  I think MAF in Pittsburgh will be an excellent goalie, and he certainly played well tonight, but he could be a gamble still, as he's not really on a strong team.

Pittsburgh will be a roller-coaster and so will MAF. I saw their game and even if he played well and shut the Flyers out, he wasn't perfect and it was a lot down to sloppy finishing from the Flyers (the way Forsberg handed out sitters to Knuble and Gagne in one of their PPs you have to feel for the guy; Knuble couldn't have got a clean shot on a beach ball last night).

The Pens looked more enthusiastic and their quick goals in the first ensured they won this one pretty easy, but I suspect they'll get mauled over the long haul.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God