darth soin

Out of interest; give me an example of worthy fan-fiction. At least the subject, if you please.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

In my experience fan fiction is usually written by people who suffer from some sort of immature infatuation for a character in a game, film or whatever and fantasize about what that character would be like in situations not portrayed in the original material. A lot of times, that infatuation is accompanied by some sort of romantic feelings for said fictional character. As such fan fiction tends to devolve into silly, superficial writing without any aim except to slake the feelings of the writer towards the characters who are the object of their attention.

Forgive me if I'm being elitist in pretentious.

Back to cuffawkling.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Out of interest; give me an example of worthy fan-fiction. At least the subject, if you please.

Not so much a subject but the actual work itself.

I have always viewed fan fiction as a piece of work that is completely original or has a foundation with an established series or genre but the story itself is an alternate telling, extended version or a bridge to gap spots of the story left out.

For example, when I first became aware of fan fiction was way back in the days of Dragonball Z and cruising forums. People would take characters, main and sub, and create alternate scenarios for the events that happened, essentially taking the characters already created and using them to tell a new story.

Or how I would prefer, a complete original work. Creating your own characters, stories, scenarios and events and making a story with influence from various sources. It is creative writing in its purest form.

Sometimes with these original scenarios the person who started the idea would post the basics of the world in which it takes place, the characters/classes/species/etc. and they would write only so much for the story and leave it open. From there another person would pick up the story and do some more work how they wanted to, and so forth.

There was a certain pride that went along with writing fan fictions, people used it to explore their own creativity and connect with others who had similar ideas. I for one write my own stories, and as I gain more technology I visualize my creations as movies I can one day make.

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

Dragonball Z? Ok, I thought I was cuffawkling with someone of moderate age?

Nevermind me. Or taste.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "criticism", "style" or "creativity", when you admit to liking and maybe even participating in DBZ fan fiction :D :)

kirottu said:

Zing?

Heja Sverige!!

LOL I know how you feel with those massive ass posts, people really need to learn how to put more commas, paragraphs and to stop in a while. Thats why I barely post in that KotOR3 Ideas and Suggestions because nooblets come along just to either spam or post their 8 eye-sore pages of nooblety ideas that have already been done

You mean like this post, by you?

ah.... annoying npc's there should be like an option at the bottom each time you talk something like [Force Kill] and you could inflict pain to them devil.gif in K1 i hate that annoying republic jerk hiding in the locker bloody coward i soon showed him by inserting my lightsaber in there thumbsup.gif just to teach them disrespectifull npcs not believing your Revan in K1 would satisfy me original.gif one part which i loved in tatooine - K1 - cantina i think... some czerka punk trying to be big.. i force choked him devil.gif hahah was taht a great feeling

What is this? The zing-night?

You have to give it to Revan_Returns that he has made quite a headway textwise. Attitude is a bit of problem still though.

kirottu said:

In my experience fan fiction is usually written by people who suffer from some sort of immature infatuation for a character in a game, film or whatever and fantasize about what that character would be like in situations not portrayed in the original material. A lot of times, that infatuation is accompanied by some sort of romantic feelings for said fictional character. As such fan fiction tends to devolve into silly, superficial writing without any aim except to slake the feelings of the writer towards the characters who are the object of their attention.

Forgive me if I'm being elitist in pretentious.

Back to cuffawkling.

This post made me chuckle for certain reasons only known to me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

PM me about it. Please. I'll cuffawkle just for you.

Heja Sverige!!

And I'm not sure what you mean by "criticism", "style" or "creativity", when you admit to liking and maybe even participating in DBZ fan fiction :D :(

You call that a "zing"? That was almost a decade ago

It appears that the qualifications for a good "zing" has also degraded...severly.

Being younger than me, where exactly do you get off questioning my age, and rather my writing and analytical abilities? Go to college before you attack something you know nothing about.

wookiedance.gif

So, you seriously like DBZ and are old enough to know better.

If you want I can give you a shovel.

Edit: You were born in 1985, so you are not old enough to know better after all.

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

And I'm not sure what you mean by "criticism", "style" or "creativity", when you admit to liking and maybe even participating in DBZ fan fiction :D :ermm:

You call that a "zing"? That was almost a decade ago

It appears that the qualifications for a good "zing" has also degraded...severly.

Being younger than me, where exactly do you get off questioning my age, and rather my writing and analytical abilities? Go to college before you attack something you know nothing about.

So, what your saying is, is that someone who is younger is incapable of understanding something that someone learned at college would understand? If you come off as an inferior age, it will be questioned. Though to me, you don't come off younger at all. To me, you come off as an arrogant 29 year old who needs to get off his pedestal.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "criticism", "style" or "creativity", when you admit to liking and maybe even participating in DBZ fan fiction :D :ermm:

Wait what is that supposed to mean? DBZ is too "childish" for older people to enjoy? What makes fan-fiction something only "immature" people participate in? You do know that there are people who believe that games are for children, yet we are all sitting here on a message board based on video games.

There are a few words that are often mistyped that really get on my nerves. "Grammer" is one of them, "Rouge" is another.

Heja Sverige!!

In my experience, the most effective place to begin the production of a film is on paper. Conceptual Art and Creative Writing together are the essential precursor to a solid film, thoroughly allowing a filmmaker to project an impression that is consistent with the original cogitation and will eventually catalyze into an achievement, rather than an agglomeration of undesirable results.

In my experience, the most effective place to begin the production of a film is on paper. Conceptual Art and Creative Writing together are the essential precursor to a solid film, thoroughly allowing a filmmaker to project an impression that is consistent with the original cogitation and will eventually catalyze into an achievement, rather than an agglomeration of undesirable results.

Dude,im not going to make a film. I was just saying that there should be a film like that.

Are you guys happy that im using better grammar? I didn't know that it would be such a problem.

Edited by chos echo