Anybody looking forword to Battlefield 2142?

It looks pretty cool, with the pods and everything.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Yep.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I didnt have the money to splash out on both Battlefield 2+Special forces because the price never dropped, but Im hoping to catch up with 2142.

Its a slightly polished Bf2 engine but with new content, so the gameplay will be just as good as with Bf2

also DiCE are swedes and you must be nice to us swedes. so buy it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If it is more like 1942 than bf 2.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It has mechs and hover vehicles. I'm sold.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I hope they have some sort of useful means to try to discourage the lame "ninja cap" of some guy going miles behind enemy lines, and capping the enemy's rear base. I loved the node system in UT2K4. It sucks to have finally tipped the scales in your favour and to start making a push, but one guy decides to go and cap your home base. Now the offensive you just successfully pulled off must be done in the opposite direction!

I hope they have some sort of useful means to try to discourage the lame "ninja cap" of some guy going miles behind enemy lines, and capping the enemy's rear base.  I loved the node system in UT2K4.  It sucks to have finally tipped the scales in your favour and to start making a push, but one guy decides to go and cap your home base.  Now the offensive you just successfully pulled off must be done in the opposite direction!

they will probably set it up like they did in GRAW and UT2k4 where you have to take the frontline base.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I dont think they will change this in Bf2142 either. On most levels in Bf2 you cant capture the enemies most rearward base, but you can be annoying and grab a fast vehicle and drive around capping bases when the enemy is somewhere else.

I just had a really good idea on how I would do it completely without capturable bases bt I suppose Id better save it for my portfolio.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I've been on a couple servers where teams are organized enough to leave a couple people at captured bases. It only works with a good amount of folks, and the guards are sacrificing some points, but it can happen. Personally, I find the base defense points very self satisfying. I usually set up sniping in a spot where I can see a couple bases, and can pick off any lone ninja cappers.

I dont think they will change this in Bf2142 either. On most levels in Bf2 you cant capture the enemies most rearward base, but you can be annoying and grab a fast vehicle and drive around capping bases when the enemy is somewhere else.

Outside of a few levels that have an aircraft carrier or something, I found that the uncapturable bases were few and far between. At least compared to BF1942. I guess there is more than BF:Vietnam, because I think they completely got rid of it.

Have you guys tried Project Reality Mod? They've made a change so you can only cap flags on a map specific route. It says on the top of the screen which flag the team is to capture.

Also a lot of other changes, you can't see your health/ammo bar, no crosshairs unless you take aim or zoom in, no para jumping etc.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.