NWN 'DD mod' - Tyrans of the Moonsea available now

The new music is the best part of the mod so far. Really adds to the atmosphere. Otherwise, though, can't say I've been very impressed by the mod itself at this point. Maybe it'll pick up, or maybe not. At least it seems pretty solid so far, I guess.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Doubtful. The NWN2 OC has a whole new PC; but it does have some ties to NWN1 OC according to Obsidian including some npcs.

As for this mod, I don't why BIO was going to have a DD Premium module that was a continuation of an otherwise free series. They should have got the creator to just make a new mod.

The DLA one is the one I cna't wait for. It's gonna have rideable horses. That'll be cool for just a check out.

:)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm going to have to agree with Shadowfax here. The mod isn't very enjoyable. As I said, it's solid, but I can't say more than that. The writing is polished enough, but I don't find it very compelling. Same with the fairly standard story. The cloaks are nice, I guess, if I cared about that kind of thing. I don't think I'd be very happy if I had shelled out money for this.

The mod is 'part 3' of a series, but it has a self-inclusive story.

Can't say I'm particularly looking forward to DLA's mod, either. Horses mean squat if the mod itself isn't fun. They may be good with custom content, but we don't know anything about their mod design talent yet. Hmm.

Oh well, the music is nice.

And Krookie, don't bother.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The mod is 'part 3' of a series, but it has a self-inclusive story.

What? :)

Are parts 1 and 2 released yet? Or is this some sort of backwards George Lucas-like approach where the OT is released, then the PT follows? :-

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

They were released before I presume on the Vault for free. This si why i find it silly that BIO (and the modmaker) were gonna release a part 3 to a free module as a DD. That's just silly. I've never tried them which is why I have little interest in this module.

If this is Alazandar's mod series, I found that Part II (Crimson Tide of Tethyr) was pretty good as far as NWN mods go. It seems that the transition to Premium actually shortened his mod's length and, if people here are to be believed, quality.

There are doors

They were released before I presume on the Vault for free. This si why i find it silly that BIO (and the modmaker) were gonna release a part 3 to a free module as a DD. That's just silly. I've never tried them which is why I have little interest in this module.

Ah. Then I suppose I'd have to be inclined to play those first, but at this point I don't think I want to.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 2 weeks later...

Ah. Then I suppose I'd have to be inclined to play those first, but at this point I don't think I want to.

Oh dear... this is why you won't see several of the Premium Modules that *were* cancelled ever released, free or otherwise. I'd suggest doing a little research before misguided posts like this one; it's both ill-informed and unfair.

For what it's worth, Tyrants of the Moonsea is a *standalone* module, just like the previous two. It's not a case of me deciding to "sell-out" and attempting to profit from the success of my previous modules; I was given the opportunity to gain some professional credit and work with BoWare on a project that I couldn't justify doing without some form of payment. Weddings tend to be a costly business, unfortunately, and after the marathon of creating "Crimson Tides of Tethyr", I couldn't justify a further 500+ hours creating something while I ought to have been doing a "proper" job raising cash. Simple as that.

The fact that I continued and finished up the damn thing, by myself, rather than scrap it in disgust is, I feel, worth more than a snarky comment like the one above.

Regarding criticisms of the module "being boring", it has an average score of 9.70 after 70 votes within 2 weeks, so that doesn't seem to be a general consensus. Regardless, imagine writing an epic novel where most of the set-up takes place in the first half, and then having to scrap the latter part completely and tie up what's there. It's bound to feel unbalanced and lacking proper pacing. Most of the best stuff was scheduled to happen in the latter haf of the module; nonetheless, the module seems to be doing pretty well despite that.

Here's a link to the interview on the Vault if anyone is interested:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Inter...s.Detail&id=247

Alazander.

Edited by Alazander

I repeat my post above: They're all standalone. As for having never played the previous modules...

"A fun experience. The best part of the mod I think is the good use of npcs that would join you during different parts of the quest. I also actually felt I was in Shadowdale, and for the most part you nailed all of the major npcs. Battles were challenging. However, the major battles were really tough for my ranger. I had to play a lot of games to come out victorious - plus avoid certain battles. I also wish there were a little bit more choices as well. Good news as well is that I found absolutely 0 bugs, and everything was well designed. Thumbs up."

Guess who made this comment over on NWN Stractics *way* back in March 2003? None other than Volourn himself. Hmm.

"Guess who made this comment over on NWN Stractics *way* back in March 2003? None other than Volourn himself. Hmm."

Heh. you got me there. But, in my defense, that *was* three years ago. :D

"I repeat my post above: They're all standalone. As for having never played the previous modules..."

Hmmm.. I was led to believe by your own posts that this was a 'part'. Do you mean it's stand alone in the same wauy that, say, BG2 is a standalone game from BG1 or would you say the module has little (if anything) to do with the previous modules.

Outside of my poor memory, I *never* attacked the quality of your module(s). :lol: I've played a lot of modules that I ahev long forgotten; not because they aren't good; but because my memory doesn't extend that far. Obviously I enjoyed yours. :lol:

"I would call this pwnage. Absolute pwnage."

Slavery and support of slavery is wrong. You call me a slave again, and I'll report you as I'm not 'owned' by anyone.

Though, he did get me this time. (w00t)

How about the obvious: He used facts to prove that I was wrong. Soemthing hardly anyone here knows how to do. :lol:"

He wins. I lose.

He embarassed me is the right way to call it. :lol:

Edited by Volourn