What Music Are You Currently Listening To?

Darth Launch

The Lemonheads - Favorite T

I've got in on

your favorite tee

It never looked as good on you

as it looks on me

I've got in on

I wait to see

I used to wear it everyday

now its twice a week

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I just started playing CCRs' twelve minute version of 'I heard it through the grapevine'. Big smirk to follow... :shifty:

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Lounge Lizzards - No Pain For Cakes

John Lurie

Evan Lurie

Ray Nathanson

Curtis Fowlkes

Marc Ribot

Erik Sanko

E.J. Rodriguez

Dougie Bowne

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Phil Ochs -- Love Me, I'm a Liberal

Ha, that's a good one. Jello Biafra covered it (with some minor updating of the lyrics) on the CD he did with Mojo Nixon, Prairie Home Invasion.

s33458.jpg

There were some other gems on there, like "Are You Drinkin' With Me Jesus?" and "Will the Fetus Be Aborted."

Peggy Sue

Got pregnant

And was addicted to fifteen drugs

She went down

To the abortion clinic

And was accosted

By right wing thugs

Oh will the fetus

Be aborted

By and by Lord

By and by

There's a better

Home awaiting

In the sky Lord

In the sky

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

np: Peter & The Test Tube Babies - Moped Lads "Pissed And Proud"

Baley, you seem to be listening everything from the most pretentious band ever to the ****tiest singer ever. Is it because your taste is really diverse or because you lack any taste and can't tell what is good and bad? I've always felt that people who listen to everything are worse than the people who only listen to britney spears.

Baley is a music whore!

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I can't speak for the music whore, but I can give my perspective.

Everything's worth trying once.

If it's good, keep it. If it's not to your taste, toss it. Either way, you've broadened your horizons. That's the magic of the internet - just about everybody's got a few sample mp3s out there. You can listen to stuff you'd never dream of spending 14 bucks on, and maybe you'll find your new favorite band.

Cake - Jolene

@the Moth: "Hold the Line" is a rock masterpiece.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Baley, you seem to be listening everything from the most pretentious band ever to the ****tiest singer ever. Is it because your taste is really diverse or because you lack any taste and can't tell what is good and bad? I've always felt that people who listen to everything are worse than the people who only listen to britney spears.

Notice how I didn't make a statement concerning the aforementioned albums' quality? Yeah. Anyway, just to be clear, which is the the most pretentious band ever?

I'm guessing your second comment refers to Akon, well, I first came in contact with his work on an Akon/Baby Cham remix. Yes, the production on Trouble is awful, from chipmunk vocals to boring, annoying beats, yes, a lot of it is tedious filler, yes, sure. But, and this is a big but, a track like Ghetto makes it all seem worthwhile.

Am I worse than someone who listens to Britney Spears? Maybe, I dunno. What I do know, on the other hand, is that I'm not gonna to discount a genre/artist until I give it a meticulous listen. So then, what's good music?

Objectively, I know there's no way I can answer that. Good music, I suppose, makes the listener feel, cliche, I know, but that's it, the emotional connection it creates. That's good music, and it's throughly subjective.

Evanescence - Anywhere.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Notice how I didn't make a statement concerning the aforementioned albums' quality? Yeah. Anyway, just to be clear, which is the the most pretentious band ever?

I'm guessing your second comment refers to Akon, well, I first came in contact with his work on an Akon/Baby Cham remix. Yes, the production on Trouble is awful, from chipmunk vocals to boring, annoying beats, yes, a lot of it is tedious filler, yes, sure. But, and this is a big but, a track like Ghetto makes it all seem worthwhile.

Am I worse than someone who listens to Britney Spears? Maybe, I dunno. What I do know, on the other hand, is that I'm not gonna to discount a genre/artist until I give it a meticulous listen. So then, what's good music?

Objectively, I know there's no way I can answer that. Good music, I suppose, makes the listener feel, cliche, I know, but that's it, the emotional connection it creates. That's good music, and it's throughly subjective.

Generally people who listen to everything are the same way as people who can't enjoy music at all, crippled. It's the two sides of the same coin.

How many people enjoy all forms of music and how many people say they enjoy all forms of music? Have you ever met anyone that went from Grindcore to Musique Concrete to Hard Bop to R&B to Indie Folk to Horrorcore? I haven't. Hell, I don't do that most of the time, maybe when I'm feeling happy and ready to "boogie", or something. I don't even know a lot of people who recognise all those genres\subgenres. You see, it's all about mood and recognising the emotional element found in almost all forms of music. I guess, to use another cliche, it has to speak to you in a way, it has to make you open your mind (soul\heart\whatever) to it. And feel. Or whatever. Babble over.

Edited by Baley

Haha, Baley is a cripple.

Neuraxis - The Apex.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

InMe - Firefly.

Evanescence - Field Of Innocence.

Generally people who listen to everything are the same way as people who can't enjoy music at all, crippled. It's the two sides of the same coin.

This strikes me as a very unfair and untrue generalization. Similarily I could generalize, just as unfairly, that people who don't listen to everything as close-minded with tastes decreed by whatever social group pressures them.

Besides, he wasn't listening to the most pretentious band OR the ****tiest singer.

(These honours are held by Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Scott Stapp respectively).

Not that singing matters. Vocals are the least important part of music for me, and only serve to gain the attention from those who lack the technical savvy to appreciate the music behind it outside of 'it sounds good'.

(Yeah, I'm pretty pretentious myself)

The Lovemongers - Battle Of The Evermore (Led Zeppeling Cover)