What Music Are You Currently Listening To?

Darth Launch

The Fountains Of Wayne - Hackensack (live)

but I will wait for you

as long as I need to

and if you ever come back

to Hackensack

I'll be here for you

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

wanna go back, wanna go back

and i don't even know how i got off the track

Yeah, I just heard that Weezer business today. It's interesting, 'cause as great as Weezer was, they inadvertently spawned the whole emo, sensitive geek culture. For every Nerf Herder or FOW, there's three Dashboard Confessionals...

Not that Rivers was the first, he was trying to be an updated Buddy Holly, but they filled stadiums with rock songs about feelings.

I was digging through my old CDs this week and found a data CD full of old music videos. I had a great version of them doing Undone (The Sweater Song) live on Conan. Anybody remember that one?

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Nirvana - Stay Away.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

That'd be Poets of the Fall? They did the Max Payne 2 theme [1]song. Ok band if you like fake American rock.

[2]Yes. Yes. I like music where I may actually hear the lyrics, should I ever choose to listen to it. And it helps if the lyrics actually say something, too.

[1] The theme, a nifty cello piece you can hear on the official site and the menus, was done by Remedy, along with one helpful cellist from Apocalyptica, the theme song(Late Goodbye) was just the in-game hit record everyone sang along to. Semantics, I know, but I don't like people correcting me when they are wrong. :(

[2]They are so highly-praised by media that they've gathered a certain kind of reputation(along with they previous fans calling them sellouts, but meh). I just think they are really good at what they are doing. Their chosen genre and style.

[1]It may be a remote possibility that I may not have been exactly one hunred percent correct in every detail of the above critique of your statement; any inaccuracies fo not infringe your Obsiian posting rights.

[2]I think I like "Signs of Life" better, although the title track is pretty good.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah, I just heard that Weezer business today. It's interesting, 'cause as great as Weezer was, they inadvertently spawned the whole emo, sensitive geek culture. For every Nerf Herder or FOW, there's three Dashboard Confessionals...

And for every Blue Album and Pinkerton they released there was a Make Believe and Green Album.

Weezer has got to be the most inconsistent band ever in terms of quality.

Muse - Feeling Good

Because I am.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Iron Maiden - The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg

Check it out from their homepage. New single from their up coming album. :cool:

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

And for every Blue Album and Pinkerton they released there was a Make Believe and Green Album.

I really want to argue both points with you two, but can't. Maybe the first two albums were so good that they're impossible to top? Thought about it that way? Huh? Didja?

For the record, I never heard Pinkerton until after I'd picked up the Green album. I had to tune the band out when 'Buddy Holly' was all the rage.

Wilco - Jesus, Etc.

Edit: and this article makes me want to cry.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I really want to argue both points with you two, but can't. Maybe the first two albums were so good that they're impossible to top? Thought about it that way? Huh? Didja?

For the record, I never heard Pinkerton until after I'd picked up the Green album. I had to tune the band out when 'Buddy Holly' was all the rage.

Maybe, but that wouldn't explain why Maladroit is still a fairly good album with a couple of great tracks.

Although this is just my opinion. I think The Green Album and Make Believe just suck a lot. (Although I do like "Haunt You Every Day")

Currently listening to Eels - I Like Birds.

Everyone I know pretty much likes this song. It's just so upbeat and happy and catchy.

Edited by TrueNeutral

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nyXYpJkMCM...tten%20kingdoms

Wow. This is some of the worst music I have ever heard in my life.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

:lol:

Immortal - Call of the Wintermoon

The video is a longtime internet fad. Find it on Youtube.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Wow.

Just, wow.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nyXYpJkMCM...tten%20kingdoms

Wow.  This is some of the worst music I have ever heard in my life.

YOU LIE. IMMORTAL IST SO KRIEG.

You cannot argue with what IST KRIEG. Or KVLT. Or GRIM. Or FROSTBITTEN.

Eels - Everything's Gonna Be Cool This Christmas

Which has the brilliant line "Baby Jesus; born to rock!" so that is also very KRIEG.

(Just for the record, I think Immortal is terrible. Although, they do have a member called Horgh. That's just so much fun to say. HORGH!)

Edited by TrueNeutral

HORGH!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

and this article makes me want to cry.

I never knew Matt Sharp started the Rentals....

Ah well, that's a predictable Dr. Dave column. Although I have to admit the "Donald Duck imitating Hendrix with a kazoo" line caused a sharp peal of laughter from my cube.

Todd Snider - Play a Train Song

926792c008a0197eec6a9010.L.jpg

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Moonspell - Subversion

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

kirottu said:

Nice generalization there.

For every Brotha Lynch (Wiki: His second album Season of Da Siccness in 1995 proved to be the one of the most gruesome and mysogynistic Gangsta Rap albums ever released, graphically chronicling a life of drug use and sale, promiscuity, ultra-violence, rape, infanticide, and supposed cannibalism. ) there's a Killah Priest and a Jeru The Damaja.

Sure, lots of lyrics are about violence, guns and hoes. But quite frankly, that's their reality, that's their world. And they're writing about it. Writing with tremendous talent and determination. Sometimes I think Hip-Hop's poetry's last refuge. Full of honesty, vitality and emotion. Free of scholarly old farts and mental pre-teens wanking soulless letters for a living. I'd rather hear Snoop telling me bout his hoes than some white boy from Minnesota barking bout his ghetto-consciousness. Yeah, they're hiding behind words, afraid of taking the next step. And that step's on the street, where it oughtta be.

Super-delayed reply here, but been away from a computer for a couple days so had no chance to.

Anyway, I believe you may be right, I was actually making far too much of a generalization there, and I apologise for it, I was kind of leaning towards the more commercial side of some of the Hip-hop that I've heard recently, I mean I don't know what your opinion on 50 cent and the like is, but I absolutely despise those kind of rappers just for the sole reason that it seems to me they are doing it to be scene and for the money. I might be wrong here, but that's just my opinion on those guys.

And don't get me wrong, those links you gave the other day were pretty awesome, I enjoyed it and all, but I think it sometimes takes me a little while to get used to some rap/hip-hop before I start realising its intention or what its all about.

Impaled Northern Moonforest -

Now that is grim and frostbitten.

post-9032-1153501834.gif

kirottu said: