What are you playing ...

Direct2Drive allows you to re-download the game whenever you want.  When you purchase the game, it becomes part of your account.  You have unlimited access to the file and the CD-key.

If you have a CD-Burner, you can also burn the installer so you won't have to redownload the whole thing every time as well.

I re-installed Battlefield 2 tonite (God knows why..) and me and my cousin got our respective butts kicked as usual. I'm horrible at these types of games.

Now I need to go and dominate in a RPG to get my self esteem back :)

What happened to the Obsidian server matches? Well, if you need someone to beat up on, let me know.

J.E. got rid of that looong ago.

Direct2Drive allows you to re-download the game whenever you want.  When you purchase the game, it becomes part of your account.  You have unlimited access to the file and the CD-key.

If you have a CD-Burner, you can also burn the installer so you won't have to redownload the whole thing every time as well.

Really? :)

So you could just reinstall from the CD?

Really? :)

So you could just reinstall from the CD?

I'm curious about that too. Have you tried it alan? I'd figure there's some sort of security procedure invloved.

How can I save my download to cdrom?

Once you have downloaded the file you are welcome to save it for later on a cdrom. Save yourself time downloading again. Remember, each time you install and activate the game you are deactivating the previous license. Install wisely!

Once you have downloaded the file you are welcome to save it for later on a cdrom. Save yourself time downloading again. Remember, each time you install and activate the game you are deactivating the previous license. Install wisely!

Wicked :)

Just finished Winter Assault... kind of a letdown... I mean come on... 5 missions?  :(

At least the Necrons at the end were a mild challenge.

don't forget the disorder campaign.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just finished Winter Assault... kind of a letdown... I mean come on... 5 missions?  :(

At least the Necrons at the end were a mild challenge.

don't forget the disorder campaign.

True true, and I can always replay the order campaign and go with the eldar at the end... though I'd probably just play it from that one mission forward.

disorder is funner in terms of lines and what you have to do some times... like take possession of guardsmen and use their sacrifice to summon a bloodthirster.

Hmmm.... I think I'll revisit the game then...

I had tried some skirmish battles, but it's just not the same :thumbsup:

also the orks are quite fun to lead.

Wicked :thumbsup:

Lost my business. I usually install on my Desktop and Laptop. Sometimes I share with my siblings.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I don't know why... but I'm suddenly reminded of that Cthulhu game... I really need to track that down...

Hopefully Ebay has a copy... the local EB's pc section is down to new releases <_<

Lost my business.  I usually install on my Desktop and Laptop.  Sometimes I share with my siblings.

Well, you aren't technically allowed to share with your siblings anyways. Nor are you technically allowed to install on two computers.

If that's a deal breaker for you, then I guess that's that. Naturally they have to try to do something to stop outright piracy.

It does come with the added benefit (for the most part) of not coming with the "malware" that people hate such as Starforce.

The other alternative is the "limited download" paradigm that some online resellers use. Trymedia for instance, limited me to 5 installs with my licence for Eastside Hockey Manager. At first I hesitated, but then I figured that by the time I used up all 5 of my installs, I'd have likely gotten my $20 worth anyways (and I did...after 1 install). Still have 3 installs left.

EDIT:

Is this the Cthulhu game you were looking for?

Edited by alanschu

Lost my business.  I usually install on my Desktop and Laptop.  Sometimes I share with my siblings.

Well, you aren't technically allowed to share with your siblings anyways. Nor are you technically allowed to install on two computers.

If that's a deal breaker for you, then I guess that's that. Naturally they have to try to do something to stop outright piracy.

It does come with the added benefit (for the most part) of not coming with the "malware" that people hate such as Starforce.

Not to mention lack of a need for DVD in drive.

The other alternative is the "limited download" paradigm that some online resellers use. Trymedia for instance, limited me to 5 installs with my licence for Eastside Hockey Manager. At first I hesitated, but then I figured that by the time I used up all 5 of my installs, I'd have likely gotten my $20 worth anyways (and I did...after 1 install). Still have 3 installs left.

EDIT:

Is this the Cthulhu game you were looking for?

Technically I could uninstall every time I wanted to share with my siblings after backing up whatever saves there are, reinstall on whatever computer I/they're going to be using the game on, and I'd be within the confines of the EULA (I think). It makes more sense to me to do two installs and shuffle the discs around. It's not like we're both playing the game at the same time anyway.

EDIT: Bok I don't usually have a disc in the drive anyway. It kills the drive's longevity and it's a major power drain on my laptop. My conscience is clean, all my games are legit, but I generally use NoCD cracks.

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Technically I could uninstall every time I wanted to share with my siblings after backing up whatever saves there are, reinstall on whatever computer I/they're going to be using the game on, and I'd be within the confines of the EULA (I think). It makes more sense to me to do two installs and shuffle the discs around. It's not like we're both playing the game at the same time anyway.

That's what you'd have to do with the DD version. Obviously the convenience of the disc is still higher. If that's something you value, then DD isn't for you.