Gay Marriage and adoption!

LoneWolf16

Do you believe gay marriage and adoption should be legalized?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe gay marriage and adoption should be legalized?

• Yes, of course.
    • No, absolutely not.
    • Yes, but with a few regulations. (Describe in a post)
    • No, but perhaps a substitute? (Describe in a post)
    • Yes to marriage, but no adoption. (Or vice versa)
    • No to marriage, but adoption allowed. (Or vice versa)
    • I don't care either way.
    • This entire debate is beneath humanity as a whole.
    • Live and let live.

Oh my god! Hades is writing in smiliese!

Edited by Soulseeker

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Here's a thought - If homosexuality is genetic, wouldn't gay marriage eventually remove it from the gene pool because there's no more shaming people who carry it into marriages of convenience and stuff?

no, not at all. your thought starts out by assuming only homosexuals have "the gene". how then, were they born in the first place? in other words, if it is a gene problem (mutation, whatever), it obviously exists in heterosexuals recessively, and appears without homosexuals needing to reproduce.

i'm not saying it is a result of a gene, btw. the fact that homosexuality does show up in the animal kingdom from time to time suggests that genes may at least be a factor, however.

taks

Animals have sex at a very primal level. They will simply "do" anything that can physically satisfy their need, wether it's male or female. For the sake of comparing their sexual behavior to humans, animals are bisexual.

[quote name=>' date='Jun 8 2006, 04:34 PM]

What, Hades? Are you against "sexing" other people??

As an asexual, I can safely say that I'm against sexing other people. :cool:

Do you think a healthy, long term, relationship without sex is possible?

Heja Sverige!!

Between 2 asexual people yes. Or an open-minded couple.

For me? No. It is still too early for me to think of relationships (even though I can think of one person that I would like to have a relationship with) and I doubt I'll ever find another guy that just happens to be homo/bi and just happens to like me as much as I like him.

Maybe for hetero-romantic asexuals but I really can't say because I have no idea how strong someones desire is to have sex. I guess an asexual + sexual relationship would be complicated, but I know of some asexuals that endure sex to keep their partner happy.

Animals have sex at a very primal level. They will simply "do" anything that can physically satisfy their need, wether it's male or female. For the sake of comparing their sexual behavior to humans, animals are bisexual.

no, not true. their desire for sex is purely for procreation. there are rare cases, however, of animals that only prefer like-sexed partners.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Other than Fish here, I've never met an asexual person. In fact, the concept kind of boggles my mind. For me, it's akin to someone not caring at all whether they die or not.

Heja Sverige!!

Other than Fish here, I've never met an asexual person. In fact, the concept kind of boggles my mind. For me, it's akin to someone not caring at all whether they die or not.

Think of it this way:

Imagine asking somebody what taste in music they have and they say "I don't like music AT ALL". It is hard for me to imagine somebody like that because music is a huge part of my life.

plato.

taks

Actually, I think that Plato was full of crap.

Anyway, I guess that what I'm asking is whether a purely platonic relationship is possible.

Heja Sverige!!

[quote name=>' date='Jun 8 2006, 04:47 PM]Think of it this way:

Imagine asking somebody what taste in music they have and they say "I don't like music AT ALL". It is hard for me to imagine somebody like that because music is a huge part of my life.

Well, sex is, to me, a much more primal and fundamental thing than music (or whatever). For example, I love movies to death and they're a huge part of my life, but when I share an awesome movie with someone I love, it isn't the same thing at all as sharing a bed with someone I love.

Heja Sverige!!

no, not true. their desire for sex is purely for procreation. there are rare cases, however, of animals that only prefer like-sexed partners.

taks

Oh?

I learned that procreation happens when the female body produces pheromones, attracting always-horny males, one of which will then do his business after establishing his superiority over other males.

Do you think that when there is a lack of females males will not go around doing business with each other?

Have you ever been humped by a dog?

Think of it this way:

Well, sex is, to me, a much more primal and fundamental thing than music (or whatever). For example, I love movies to death and they're a huge part of my life, but when I share an awesome movie with someone I love, it isn't the same thing at all as sharing a bed with someone I love.

Try here.

Saying religion is stupid is just as ridiculous as saying homosexuality is stupid.  People can choose to believe in God just as well as they can choose to be gay.

Very few people actually choose to believe in God without having been indoctrinated from birth. I find there is a distinct lack of choice in every Christian I know. Going to a Christian school, that's quite a lot.

You can say that about Christianity, but religion in general has been a huge part of humanity. Religion is extremely important. It plays a very prominent role in civilization. Dismissing it as stupid seems a bit short-sided to me.

Religion is no longer needed. It is a remnant of a primitive and ignorant mindset that if something couldn't be explained some god or some other supernatural force must have made it happen.

Oh, welcome back Fish.

Edited by Judge Hades

Saying religion is stupid is just as ridiculous as saying homosexuality is stupid.  People can choose to believe in God just as well as they can choose to be gay.

Very few people actually choose to believe in God without having been indoctrinated from birth. I find there is a distinct lack of choice in every Christian I know. Going to a Christian school, that's quite a lot.

You can say that about Christianity, but religion in general has been a huge part of humanity. Religion is extremely important. It plays a very prominent role in civilization. Dismissing it as stupid seems a bit short-sided to me.

You're right again Hurly.

Religion isn't stupid. What's stupid is that it has been so extremely important in the "development" of our civilization.

;)"

[quote name=>' date='Jun 8 2006, 04:55 PM]

Try here.

I can see there's quite a number of asexuals there, but I can't help but think that they just need sex with right person. I know what this sounds like; sorry.... ;):p

Also, about the movies thing, I'm really unhealthily obsessed with films (sometimes infuriatingly so, to others), but still sex is a completely different thing. Seriously, it's practically a religious experience.

Heja Sverige!!

perhaps due to the perceived lifestyle differences?

that's part of the perceived lifestyle difference. lesbians don't come across as "flamers" or whatever. they aren't seen as the wild partiers always looking for a different partner each night of the week. that, and guys get off on the possibility of two chicks getting it on. right or not, tis true.

taks

Errr, sorry to nitpick, but try not to have your words under a "quoted by me" quote box. I was kind of confused what was going on.

Whether or not it's because of preceived lifestyle differences, or the fact that men find lesbians hawt, there's still greater social acceptance for lesbians than homosexual men. Considering politics is dominated by men, and men typically find lesbianism much more attractive than homosexual males, is it a systemic cause?

Whether or not it's because of preceived lifestyle differences, or the fact that men find lesbians hawt, there's still greater social acceptance for lesbians than homosexual men.  Considering politics is dominated by men, and men typically find lesbianism much more attractive than homosexual males, is it a systemic cause?

Does not matter because the Oilers are losing. ;)

Religion has been very much a mixed bag. If it originates in part in the willingness of the unscrupulous to use people's fear and ignorance to control them, it's also in part the result of people's desire to face those fears and understand the world around them.

A few thousand years ago someone wrote down that homosexuality was a sin, and we're still stuck with the aftermath of that 'absolute truth' today. Extremists use it as an excuse for discriminating against gays, and even moderates often feel torn in two directions. As time goes on, the gap between what absolutists and relativists hold to be good and true is likely to widen even further. :(

Does not matter because the Oilers are losing.  :(

That's really a sports team? :lol: Which sport?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)