I too need a new RPG

"You are, as always, entitled to your own opinion, Volourn, deluded as it may be."

Your post suggest the delusional one is you. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I played Gothic 2 when it was released. I have not played it since than. It was an ok game, not the greatest.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

One word of advice: If you're getting Gothic 2 now, make sure to buy Gothic 2 Gold. It includes the fantastic expansion Night of the Raven. The expansion pushes the game length up to and beyond 100 hours (I think) and it makes the game MUCH harder. Which of course isn't so good if your name starts with H and ends with ades. But for everyone else that enjoys a challenge a lot more difficult than a mere werewolf, it's a blast.

Gothic 3 has a new breed of orcs. The storyline has made the orcs into a cultured race instead of the primitive monsters they used to be. I don't like the new look of the orcs myself, but I can understand the reasoning behind the change. Apparently it's now possible to join sides with the orcs and hunt humans instead! It will be.. interesting.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

One word of advice: If you're getting Gothic 2 now, make sure to buy Gothic 2 Gold. It includes the fantastic expansion Night of the Raven. The expansion pushes the game length up to and beyond 100 hours (I think) and it makes the game MUCH harder. Which of course isn't so good if your name starts with H and ends with ades. But for everyone else that enjoys a challenge a lot more difficult than a mere werewolf, it's a blast.

Gothic 3 has a new breed of orcs. The storyline has made the orcs into a cultured race instead of the primitive monsters they used to be. I don't like the new look of the orcs myself, but I can understand the reasoning behind the change. Apparently it's now possible to join sides with the orcs and hunt humans instead! It will be.. interesting.

:(

I thought NotR made G2 easier by giving the player more xp with an extra chapter between the original first and second chapters.

But yeah, the expansion is very good. Pirates!

You are right, the extra chapters do indeed give players more xp before the final confrontation with the dragons. But the game is still much MUCH more difficult, because they changed the way leveling works. Without the expansion, you spent your leveling points on your skills and the cost for the skills went up as you became better. After a while, the cost didn't increase anymore as it reached a cap. That cap has been removed when you install the expansion, meaning the skills become extremely expensive after a while and you really have to plan your character well for the game to even be beatable! Also, I think the price for the skills increase much faster with the expansion installed..

You are right, the extra chapters do indeed give players more xp before the final confrontation with the dragons. But the game is still much MUCH more difficult, because they changed the way leveling works. Without the expansion, you spent your leveling points on your skills and the cost for the skills went up as you became better. After a while, the cost didn't increase anymore as it reached a cap. That cap has been removed when you install the expansion, meaning the skills become extremely expensive after a while and you really have to plan your character well for the game to even be beatable! Also, I think the price for the skills increase much faster with the expansion installed..

That could be a balancing bug, no?

No, it was a deliberate decision from the developers as everyone kept complaining that the origianl game became much too easy by the time you reached the dragons. I thought so too. I did not think so with the expansion installed :|

No, it was a deliberate decision from the developers as everyone kept complaining that the origianl game became much too easy by the time you reached the dragons. I thought so too. I did not think so with the expansion installed :|

The last time I played G2(I don't have the expansion), I used morph scrolls to turn into a wolf and rush to a dragon(fire I think). I remember getting my ass handed over to me quite quickly. If you stride into his enclave as a wolf he attacks you, no questions asked and believe me, your biting power is no match for his fire breath...

:lol: