DM Client planned for same day as NWN2 release

The DM client will not ship with the game in the box. We looked at a number of different scenarios and the best one that the team decided upon is to release the DM Client in full as a download the same day of the release. So while it will not ship in the box it will come out with the game. That's the official word as of today.

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...481529&forum=95

Using the time between going gold and ship date to add finishing touches to the DMC. Sounds like a smart move.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

That's the official word as of today

Sorry, but I will wait a day or 2 before I believe it :thumbsup:"

Official words seem to switch too often for my taste

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Well thank **** for that. For all we knew it could have been till 2007 before the bloody thing was out.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

It's no different than downloading a patch. Won't be getting the game for awhile after release anyway, so it's no big deal.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

"It's no different than downloading a patch."

There is HUGE difference between having it in the package then having to download it like throwaway stuff like silly kobolds. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Patches aren't always throw away stuff. In fact the infrequently are. Mostly they're bug fixes, so this if you're really look for a comparison I suppose this a bit like Obsidian saying "we're releasing the game broken, but with a DIY fix it kit".

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Oh, be glad that Obsidian is clearly trying to satisfy everyone. First it was "will the single player campaign be better?!?!?!?!" Then it was "will you support PWs??!??!?!!!?!" Then it was "OMG, 20 hours?!??!!" Then it was "No DMZ?!?!?!?" (Oops, that was in Korea) Anyhow, as much as it appears that Obsidian really had poor planning at the outset, they've really tried their best to get on the ball about such things.

Now, if they don't have the DMC ready, fire away. However, if they do, then be happy. Everything I've seen of late has made me happy about the decision to pre-order. The fact is, they're responding to our desires. They're undertaking the monumental task of trying to accomodate a disparate and demanding consumer base. We should give them a break.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

LOL Either way it is not good. But, like I said above, befor ethis thread gets carried away with whining (by me and others) and silly exuses on behalf of Obsidian, it's not ideal; but at this point; it's the way it's got to be.

So, one either sucks it up or doesn't buy the game. I'm NOT that upset... yet. :D

It depends on how much more of the game gets 'canceled' or 'thrown away into a patch'...

"The fact is, they're responding to our desires. "

If this were true, it be in the package, even if 'gone gold' had to ebd elayed for a couple fo weeks. And, it's not my job to give develoeprs - any developer - 'a break'.

They're big boys, and professionals. They can handle some criticism. It's one of the reasons why I like Obsidian. They're nowhere as whiny as the fanboys are who defend companies at all costs. :D

Edited by Volourn

Well tbh Eldar if you're cynical like me you can see through this as a tactical decision by Obsidian to lay up an excuse for the singleplayer being crap.

"Oh it's not our fault , you wanted us to spend more time on the DM client... In fact it's *your* fault."

You misunderstand, I'm quite happy that you get your DMC. I'm not, however, much interested in it.

I think it's kind of funny that I'm suddenly an Obsidian fanboy. ...Or was I misreading you, Vol. :Eldar's slapping Vol on the back with a cat who ate the canary grin icon:

I reserve the right to voice my opinion. This seems like a reasonable compromise between the folks who want the game and don't care about the DMC and the folks who want the DMC right away. The DMC crowd made enough noise that Obsidian responded. Hell, we've seen companies that have said, "thanks for the interest, but we're making the game our way." Hell, you've seen those arguments here. "If you want the DMC right away, don't buy the game."

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm not worried about what other comapnies do or don't do though. At least not in the case of NWN2. The DMC was supposed to be part of the NWN2 package and has been since the start, and I think the sloshing of it just wasn't cool. Sure, I'll live with the fact that it's now just a download; but that doesn't mean I gots to like it or be silent about my dislike for it. It should have been in the game apckjage that we cna buy in stores.

And, oh, just to elt you know this is different than the OC length mess. Afterall, you and Grom (espicially Grom) went hogwild based off some silly rumour from some language sniffing dog on the Codex. LOL I got the bad news from Obsidian themsleves.

Plus, my posts really aren't directed at them on the issue anymore; but on those who gives exuses (like they need to) on Obsidian's behalf. Why? Obsidian has stated the situation,a nd what they itnend to do about it. That's cool. Game over. It's the constant 'DMC doens't matter', 'the majority doens't use it', and'at least you are getting it', 'a patch is as good as the actual game package (when it obviously isn't)', etc., etc., that gets me respond. if I didn't have to read that a million times a day, I'd likely stop posting about the issue completely. LOL

:(

Edited by Volourn

Proof please? Obsidian paints a different story when they write: 'The DMC will ship as it was in NWN1. No work will be done on it." .... then 4 months prior to release: "OMG! DMC needs work. It needs to ebc ompelted and will miss the shipd ate."

That is clearly poor project management. It can't get much clearer than this. The horses thing was 'finding unexpected issues' though.

Edited by Volourn

That's not proof. You are making ane ducated guess based on experience that may be right or wrong. My 'evdience' comes from Obsidian themselves.

A clear cut way is to see what they stated about the cancelaltrion of rideable horses and the delay of the DMC.

One was cut because they couldnt' get it working properly in the time alotted; the other delayed because of a poor decicion to not do *any* work on it until too late...

Chances are they'r eplanning to do a lot of work on the DMC in the next 4 months in order to get it down by September 19... to make up for not doing much (if any) work for the first 2 years of development time.

I'm sorry when Dev1 says early on: No work will be done on the DMC as the NWN1 version will be fine as is...

and then...

Dev2 says 4 months pre release: Oops. The DMC needs lot sof work done on it, and may be delayed til a patch..

Those are paraphrased; but it's obvious poor product management espciailly when they admitted they errored.

It's not complicated. Some trying tod efend your fellow develoeprs when they admitted to their mistake. They're human, they made a mistake, deal with it. Devs aren't perfect.

:)

P.S. As can I, Hades. But, I cna't ignore the exuses some are giving. :(

Edited by Volourn

Devs aren't perfect.

Don't tell Bioware this. :(

I make no excuse for Obsidian. I hold them accountable for their actions, like I do for everyone else. They know they messed up and they are working to solve their mistakes. That is more than some people.

Edited by Judge Hades