Who will win the console war?

Who will win the console war?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the console war?

• Sony's PS3
    • Microsoft's 360
    • Nintendo's Wii

If you consider the PlayStation 3 a toy, then yes, it is an expensive toy. However, it is more than a toy. It is a PlayStation 3. And it is the only PlayStation 3. I hope that those who understand this will gladly purchase it.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

If you consider the PlayStation 3 a toy, then yes, it is an expensive toy. However, it is more than a toy. It is a PlayStation 3. And it is the only PlayStation 3. I hope that those who understand this will gladly purchase it.

Hadescopy.jpg

Well, that happened because Nintendo treated developers like crap...

I'm guessing Sony might understand that they are the ones that make the console a success.

Actually, it's the fans that make a console a success :wacko:

No matter how good the system is, and no matter how good the games are.... it'll fail if no one buys it ;)

Well, that happened because Nintendo treated developers like crap...

I'm guessing Sony might understand that they are the ones that make the console a success.

Actually, it's the fans that make a console a success :wacko:

No matter how good the system is, and no matter how good the games are.... it'll fail if no one buys it ;)

But who would buy a console if it did not have good games?

Who will buy the console if the PR guy keeps saying things that'll piss the fans off.

Why don't you ask the Xbox fans? LOLOLOLOLOL

:wacko:

You both make such good points.

Well, we haven't seen the developers move out to other platforms on the PS front. Square-Enix has branched out a bit (talk about making a quick buck with FFXI...) but all it's A titles will be on the PS3 (and so some extent DS).

Square-Enix has branched out a bit (talk about making a quick buck with FFXI...) but all it's A titles will be on the PS3 (and so some extent DS).

By all, you mean FF? Ha.

Well, it's square-ENIX now too ya know... So that means Dragon Quest, Star Ocean as well. Also SE is trying to bring back some of it's older series too. Secret of Mana is back (with 2 new games!) if they do well, we could see more of them on the PS3. =)

Dragon Quest is going to the more popular console in Japan. Historically, it's always been the one with FF, but things might be different this gen. IIRC, DQ7 was supposed to go out on Saturn or something.

Hadescopy.jpg

"When is the last time the best game of a generation, hand-held or otherwise, was not released on a Nintendo system? (popular opinion)"

o rly? You sure? I call bogus.

So, which game is considered 'the best by most' in the last two generations?

Last I checked, PS1 had FF7 which was, byt and large, considred the 'best game of it sgenration' by a heck of a lot of people.

And, in the PS2 era, GTA series was held up as some sort of Messiah as well.

Seems to me your theory is false.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"When is the last time the best game of a generation, hand-held or otherwise, was not released on a Nintendo system? (popular opinion)"

o rly? You sure? I call bogus.

So, which game is considered 'the best by most' in the last two generations?

Last I checked, PS1 had FF7 which was, byt and large, considred the 'best game of it sgenration' by a heck of a lot of people.

And, in the PS2 era, GTA series was held up as some sort of Messiah as well.

Seems to me your theory is false.

Than there's also Halo, God of War...

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Yup, and IIRC, those were xbox NOT nintendo titles. (or were they multiple console platform titles?)

Hmmm... more holes in his theory... :-"

Edited by Volourn

When is the last time the best game of a generation, hand-held or otherwise, was not released on a Nintendo system? (popular opinion)

Nintendo doesn't have the biggest library, they just tend to have the "best" games. Now one may not like said games, that's your/their opinion, hard to deny Nintendo's track record for their releases tho in terms of a quality product. One can not say the same for PlayStation or the X-box.

If by popular opinion, Nintendo hasn't had a "game of the generation" since the SNES.

GTA and Halo both trump any Nintendo console game by "popularity" - sales prove that.

Even though Mario is close to my heart, MC is closer.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Gamerankings.com keeps track of most professional reviews of most games. Try a simple search, say for the 20 top ranked games of all time.

Microsoft (Xbox) has 4 games among the top 20. Pretty strong showing for only one console.

Sony (Playstation, Playstation 2) has 7 games among the top 20.

Nintendo (Nintendo 64, Gamecube) has 5 games among the top 20.

The rest is made up of old Dreamcast games and PC games.

One might argue that since 4 of Nintendo's 5 titles are among the 6 best of all time (with only a Dreamcast game and a Playstation game breaking the dominance) the guy with the big Nintendo boner is right. But I won't go there.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"One might argue that since 4 of Nintendo's 5 titles are among the 6 best of all time (with only a Dreamcast game and a Playstation game breaking the dominance) the guy with the big Nintendo boner is right. But I won't go there."

Um. No. Read what he says again... Then read it again again... Thanks. :devil: