Tempers have cooled I think. NWN 2 DM Client

I thought "Yes it is. It's one of the most hyped features of the NWN franchise. It's the thing that makes NWN different to other games. People seem to think that somehow the DMC costs Obsidian sales... yet the success of NWN itself disproves this theory.. unless youa re saying that NWN sold more than BG2 on the basis that it's SP OC wa stronger than BG2?" was basically saying that NWN sold for its multiplayer component...if I was wrong, then sorry about that. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Well fine, be mean about it. :'(

At least do everybody the favor of editing, or at least spellchecking your posts. Might make it easier for people to better understand what you're saying.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

"Volourn, I've already told you the analogy doesn't work. It was cute the first time in a "heh" sort of way, but now it's just getting repetetive."

So are the posts that state the 'DMC doesn't matter b/c only a minority use it' depsite Obsidian's words and actions quite clearly stating it does *matter*.

Until those types of posts stop, you'll have to deal with gnomes don't matter b/c few players use them!' analogies too!!!

You know, if the playable gnomes weren't already finished, you'd probably have a point. And I bet many people would say no biggie. But they are finished, so it's moot.

Hassat is right.  The primary lesson for KotOR 2 was not release an incomplete game. WHat are they doing with NWN 2?  Releasing an incomplete game.

Yup. I really can't believe they're doing it again. Maybe it's Lucas' fault, or Obsidian's, or Atari's, or Obsidian's, but 2 out of 2 isn't good, when it comes to incomplete games, at least in my book.

I'm definitely waiting for a couple weeks after NWN 2 is released before I pay anything for it. Wish I'd have done the same with KOTOR 2...

I'm going to preorder the limited edition, if the first reviews are diabolical I'll cancel. Can't see that happening though, I'm desperate for a D&D CRPG fix and it'd have to be pretty awful to keep me away. The feature list is pretty good anyway, Obs have exceeded my expectations so far.

Edited by Jumjalum

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

I'm going to preorder the limited edition, if the first reviews are diabolical I'll cancel.  Can't see that happening though, I'm desperate for a D&D CRPG fix and it'd have to be pretty awful to keep me away.  The feature list is pretty good anyway, Obs have exceeded my expectations so far.

if you end up having complaints 'bout nwn2, please keep in mind that you has rendered self impotent by pre-ordering. pre-orders determines how much inventory the major retailers will request from atari.

in any event, Gromnir has done as much as we can. woulda' prefered if we could have gotten fergie or josh to say "30-40+," but natahn will do.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I want two things to happen so I cna get the MC on disk which is all I ask:

1. They manage to comeplete any work they need to on it in time.

Failing that....

2. They do what NWN did, and have expansions and then have a 'mega release' of official game +2 expansions + patch in one.

That way would be cool as I would have the DMC on CD (or DVD if I decide to switch over by then)...

Just buy the GotY edition, which will have the latest patch level and code contents ...

Really I think this is a silly argument, especially since YOU, Volo, are one of the most vociferous NwN (1) patch-downloaders on the 'net ...

Anyway. As much point as there was to making this thread, I see no more point in sragging it on, especially as no-one has made a new point in the last seven pages.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT