Halo 3 Trailer

Just another note. Halo 2's first trailer, the one where Master Chief jumped out in space, was way better than the trailer to Halo 3.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just another note. Halo 2's first trailer, the one where Master Chief jumped out in space, was way better than the trailer to Halo 3.

Well of course it was. That one was more action packed, but I still like the one for Halo 3 quite a lot.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Fair enough.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Seems like Microsoft really wants to get the word out...

haloonmsn9ww.png

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

It is ingame. Form Ign:

"The trailer is available for download at Bungie.net and in full high-definition via Xbox Live. The entire trailer is rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360 using the current version of the Halo 3 engine."

centinexx.png

I can't understand why people bother with Halos on PC. It's practically made for co-op only and should be played so. With controllers. In comfy chairs and indulging on beverages.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Actually, it's still a pretty good game, especially so if you've never played the Xbox version. I only got to try Xbox version later and I could appreciate why it was better... but still.

I played the PC version of the first Halo. It was all right, nothing I haven't seen a million times before.

The thing that killed it for me though was the fact that it was a half assed port (30FPS limit, come on!).

for me I could never QUITE understand the "OMG" about halo... It's easily a mediocore FPS. I think that the only reason it became fantasically popular was because A) it had coop and B) it actually found a way to get FPS controls onto the controller without people going nuts.

It's easily outdone in terms of quality and quantity by Half life 2 and FEAR. Heck I liked Doom 3 better...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'd agree with Bokishi, but only for games like Halo, Call of Duty and the like. FPSs where you have to tell your men where to go (Brothers in Arms, Ghost Recon) are better on consolse in my opinion. The mouse just doesn't cut it.

Well that was a waste of three minutes. How boring could you make a trailer for an FPS.. Looks like I just found the answer.

It wasn't a trailer in the traditional sense. It's the "announcement trailer". Since, until the point of the trailer being debuted, there was no official confirmation that Halo 3 was in the works, this was their way of showing the fans that the game is coming.

A trailer is a trailer, yes, but it's a teaser, and did what it was meant to do... Publicly announce the game, create a buzz, and show off the power of the Halo 3 engine.

And by the time halo 3 comes out we'll be too busy drooling over unreal.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And by the time halo 3 comes out we'll be too busy drooling over unreal.

Doubt it pal, What sold more Halo 2 or Unreal Tornament 2004?

No we won't. I'm passed the point of want for this game...more of a deep, instinctive need.

I have to see how this story arch ends and if another is possible. I have to know if Fred, Linda, and Kelly are gonna arrive to help Chief kick some Covie ass. I have to know what happens to the Arbiter and the Elites. I have to know what the hell the Arc is. I have to know what happens to Miranda and Sgt. Johnson. I have to know what the hell Gravemind is. I have to know how the Flood can be stopped. I have to know, dude.

I'd actually lay down the cash for a 360 when it comes out, and a full subscription to Live.

Then, I'll wind up failing a semester or two of college. :blink:)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I was disappointed with Halo 2 when I first played it, much like Fable, it just didn't live up to the hype. However, I went back to play it a little bit later after it had been out for a few months, away from the hype, and I enjoyed both games heavily now that I wasn't expecting the sort of game Jesus would play. Aside from trailers and stuff, I think I'm going to dodge what hype I can so I don't get unrealistic expectations.