2 other, like, NWN2 previews

I'd say they've got a bit of time left...so really, as has been said, estimates at this point are pretty useless.

And Grom.......how do you stick with the whole referring-to-self-as-multiple-people thing? I don't think I've seen a lapse in it in over a year or two. Just curious.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I'd say they've got a bit of time left...so really, as has been said, estimates at this point are pretty useless.

And Grom.......how do you stick with the whole referring-to-self-as-multiple-people thing? I don't think I've seen a lapse in it in over a year or two. Just curious.

It's only happened once that I recall in the last 5 years.

Replay time should count when talking about 'value for money base don time played'.

I agree. My issue isn't length at this point. If it's good, I'll get my money's worth in hours. I still think trying to find out what Feargus said, if anything, is a legitmate response. I also think Feargus made a mistake by saying something, assuming he did. Hell, since we can't establish that he made the comment, who knows?

I'm glad Gromnir is seeking answers on this one. It's good for consumers when developers are compelled to answer reasonable questions. I'm probably as much of an Obsidian fanboy as any person on this board, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to ask tough questions.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It's only happened once that I recall in the last 5 years.

Gromnir usually only speaks first person when he's being entirely serious. Also, Feargus and Gromnir have butted heads on occassion. In one such case, Gromnir spoke in his actual person quite frankly regarding our favorite CEO.

Gromnir is as much of the landscape on these boards as Hades or Vol. He can be a real ass sometimes, but at least you can take his comments seriously.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"I'm probably as much of an Obsidian fanboy as any person on this board, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to ask tough questions."

of course, when the question has been answered it should be let go...

Mr. Sawyer has answered it. As the Lead Designer of NWN2, I think we should take his answer as Obsidian's stance on the issue.

Espicially, since the interviews/reviews have wild accuracy dealing with the time (20, 30, and 40 hours have all been quoted in the last week) and other stuff (only 16 players allowed in MP which is false and has already been squashed as false at the NWN2 baords).

"Gromnir is as much of the landscape on these boards as Hades or Vol."

We're just random posters who post a lot. None of us are important.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Vol, Vol, Vol. Don't sell yourself short. You've provided some real emotion and drama on these boards. After all, I never had more requests for official warnings and moderated status than I did for you! :Eldar's slapping Volourn on the back icon:

Now, Hades caused some real heartache and grief for folks at the old interplay boards. I remember advocating, in one of my more wrathful moments, giving him a lifetime ban. Hades was like a sort of twisted Pericles. He had more votes for banning, but never the majority at any one time. hahaha.

Anyhow, while we'll get the answer eventually, the question will remain. Folks will ask and there really isn't anything to stop them. You think it's futile to ask the question? It's even more futile to tell them to stop asking.

Obsidian Plays

"Gromnir is as much of the landscape on these boards as Hades or Vol."

We're just random posters who post a lot. None of us are important.

Not true.

You're responsible for the whole JE-drama about its strengths and shortcomings back in the day. Not to mention your dramatic stance about NWN's success and combat. Hades is the forum-nit-picker about what roleplaying in RPG actually is, and Gromnir is passioned about the issues the RPG's (and their developers) have. Not to mention his awkward style of writing posts.

You three represent the three diffirent RPG-fans on these boards: The "what's a tr00 RPG?"-wiseguy, the PnP-pusher, and the story/character/writing-sucker.

A "r00fles! HAVE FUN! Werewolfs are too though!" to you all.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Meh. I disagree. Just because people knows us simply because we post a lot doesn't make us any more important than all the other posters.

"After all, I never had more requests for official warnings and moderated status than I did for you!"

Oh really? Name some names. I need to go get some revenge. Anyways, thanks for ignoring them.

I have one official warning, and let's keep it that way. :ermm:"

I've never reported anyone.

I love you all too much to do that.

:blink:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I don't name names.

To the topic, however, we're all important in sufficient numbers. It's just that folks aren't interested in putting the heat on in regards to this issue.

Obsidian Plays

"I've reported you numerous times, Volourn. "

For some reason, this isn't surprising. :D

TRhen again, when I was in my 'reporting trolls' phase, I believe I reported you for some of your not so nice posts too.

So, it equals out. :blink:

Okay, I will.  60 hous is too short for a CRPG.  I proper CRPG lasts at minimum 100 hours, at a level pace of 1 every twenty hours of gameplay.  :blink:

The only mainstream RPG in recent 4 years that i know, that somewhat fills that criteria is, sadly Oblivion.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've played two recent RPG's that managed to last more than 100 hours: Oblivion and Dragon Quest 8. Before those two though.. I guess Gothic 2 + Night of the Raven expansion came close, but not quite. Before that.. no idea.

I guess what I would call long RPG's are very far in between.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!