2 other, like, NWN2 previews

*** snip ***

ouch, this really has you burned grommie. phew, don't piss off gromnir.

anyway, the more i read and hear the german mag quote, the more i think that the original english was "at least 20 hours" and "few people will finish in UNDER twenty hours" though it would be nice if we could get a little verification.

just my dime's worth (inflation).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Okay, I will.  60 hous is too short for a CRPG.  I proper CRPG lasts at minimum 100 hours, at a level pace of 1 every twenty hours of gameplay.  :rolleyes:

The only mainstream RPG in recent 4 years that i know, that somewhat fills that criteria is, sadly Oblivion.

Nah, the level of of Oblivion only reaches that if you intentionally make it so.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"but Gromnir is nowhere near as random as is vol."

That's weird. The most oft complaint I hear is that I never change,a nd I'm too repeteive... yet, you (and a few others) claim I'm 'too random'. Weird...

And, oh btw, FIGHT THE MAN'S POWER! He's held ya down too long.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I've played two recent RPG's that managed to last more than 100 hours: Oblivion and Dragon Quest 8. Before those two though.. I guess Gothic 2 + Night of the Raven expansion came close, but not quite. Before that.. no idea.

I guess what I would call long RPG's are very far in between.

I guess it depends what you play. My average used to be around 80 hours. But Jade Empire dragged it down :rolleyes:"

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"but Gromnir is nowhere near as random as is vol."

That's weird. The most oft complaint I hear is that I never change,a nd I'm too repeteive... yet, you (and a few others) claim I'm 'too random'. Weird...

And, oh btw, FIGHT THE MAN'S POWER! He's held ya down too long.

your reasoning is disjointed and erratic and incomprehensible... random. sure, once you hit on a conclusion you will stick with it regardless of resistance, but the almost alien rationales we seen you use to backs up your position is disquieting.

vis contradicts self every 10 seconds, but vol is simply

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Llyranor is clearly going to be on board no matter what else.

Meta has it on pre-order and I will soon also.

I'll give my honest opinion, but I also tend to find something to enjoy in most games. I'm easy that way. However, I will be scrupulously detailed in describing the length of time it took me to finish the game and why.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It might be.

I'm not big on preordering either. Sometimes preorders come right in the mail too, so you won't even have to go to the store.

The only times I have "preordered" were Half-Life 2 and Doom 3, and it was just a week or two in advance. It was a good thing I did, as both games were unavailable to people without preorders at my store.

I pre-order from time to time. I like to preorder because it comes straight to me. For a title I know I'm going to purchase no matter what, it makes perfect sense to pre-order.

Now, I didn't pre-order Oblivion because I wasn't determined to buy it. I didn't pre-order ToEE, NWN, or Half-Life 2. However, I preordered, amongst other titles, IWD, Diablo 2, Myst 4, and a few other titles. I was perfectly happy with the experience. I have never been disappointed with a pre-order title and, since I was going to buy the game anyhow, I saved myself the time to go to the store.

Moreover, in a couple of cases, I received the item very early on the day of release. Add to that the cases where the local storefront might have been sold-out on the day of purchase, and I'm satisfying my fix in a timely manner.

I'm sold on pre-orders, even if I don't use them very often.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'd say they've got a bit of time left...so really, as has been said, estimates at this point are pretty useless.

And Grom.......how do you stick with the whole referring-to-self-as-multiple-people thing? I don't think I've seen a lapse in it in over a year or two. Just curious.

It's only happened once that I recall in the last 5 years.

That reminds me, I might have had a Gromnir alter ego sighting once, though he was posting under a different name I think, it was fairly obvious to me who it was by style, plus out of habit he did the "Ha! Good Fun!" thing accidentaly too.

I was getting verbally gang-banged on a board that shall go unnamed while trying to defend some kid who was being too rational, so it was nice to have someone that wasn't an irriational, unreasonable ass hop in the discussion. Gromnir's a good guy in my book, even makes a good point on occasion.

No.

They have a deal with EA, remember? Though, actually, I'm not sure if they'll release Ep1 retail by itself.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

They are only releasing Episode One online right?

No.

RM02633_box.jpg

Half Life 2 Episode 1 - DVD Rom (Aftermath)

Also, there is Halflife: Deathmatch and Deathmatch: Source, too.

Don't forget setting the alarm to unlock and play it as soon as possible! :D

Waking up at 3AM on exam week for HL2 was worth it :ph34r:

Hands up all those who have tried to play Episode 1 already ... :p"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT