who is Nihilus

I think Nihilus was created as a result of the MSG (he didn't exist before) while Sion was once a more normal indivdual who became what he was as a result of the MSG...

I think Nihilus and the Exile have a special relationship that isn't seen with him and anyone else.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Why not?
Because Exile's gender still isn't set and wasn't even decided internally among Lucasfilm at that time. Moreover, Leland Chee said that Exile's name is unlikely to ever be revealed. So the best they can do is hint, but if Exile turns out to be female, all these hints will be worthless.
I think Nihilus was created as a result of the MSG (he didn't exist before)
An adult sentient created out of nothing? Without cloning? No, thanks. Edited by Sikon

Why not?
Because Exile's gender still isn't set and wasn't even decided internally among Lucasfilm at that time. Moreover, Leland Chee said that Exile's name is unlikely to ever be revealed. So the best they can do is hint, but if Exile turns out to be female, all these hints will be worthless.

Why would the Exile being either gender have any relevance to the connection to Nihilus? I know I've suggested a direct connection between Exile and Nihilus, but I did actually take the question of the Exile's gender into consideration when I made my speculations...

Anything, like him being completely dead, off the face of the galaxy, never to be seen again, or like you state still alive or whatever

But yes i do hope we see him in K3, and perhaps Sion again, because these two characters never where gone into depth about their past, or who they are, only that they where spawned from the MSG. Also if we gained more knowledge about nihilius would make it satisfying (what he was saying, what language, where he was from, what is his specie, ect)

It seems to me that Nihilus was once one of the human jedi who fought at Malachor V.

Just consider the description of the Nihilus Mask:

"You have taken this trophy from the remains of Darth Nihilus - it is the last surviving piece of the beast who died and was reborn in the shattered world of Malachor V. By taking it from him, you have gained a stronger tie to the Force."

This is only my opinion, but it is possible that Nihilus might have been OE's conceptualisation of nihilism itself although I think it is basically interpretive.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

maybe nihilus could come back in K3 (I know you killed him but use your imagination). that would complete his storyline and maybe make him a much better character.

Nihilus COULD come back just like with the Emperor after Vader kills him he was brought back from (well whatever its called) by the other Sith Lord spirits and he reigned for another year then he died and he came back again (bout 3 times i think) but he eventually went crazy but anyways yea the same thing could happen with Nihilus

:ph34r: :ermm:

Yep, his name is symbolic, it is latin which means nothing, unknown or mystery something like that so it reflects who he is

all the Darth (whatevers) have an actual meaning i.e.:ermm: Sidious meaning (not exactly) devious, manipulative which is what he is!

they are named after what they are sort of thing

more EU-ish
EU is such a broad term that it encompasses stories of all degrees, from lame to brilliant. But when an author starts, as fan service, cloning everyone other authors killed, it's plain lame.

Nihilus COULD come back just like with the Emperor after Vader kills him
That would be lame, Lame, LAME, and not Obsidian-ish.

If it means coming back as a clone in the sense that Palpatine did, then yes, it would be boring and unoriginal. I don't think it was inappropriate for Palpatine (it actually answered a few questions that didn't make sense to me before), but I do think it's not appropriate for Nihilus, who was very close to being a force ghost to begin with.

However, that does not preclude the possibility that he might "return" in some other form, I think.