More stupidity abounds!

and yet this gets by as M:

How play as 20+ characters

Start the game with maxpayne2.exe -developerkeys, then press ~ to open the

console. To do this you right click on your shortcut (which is usually on your

desktop) and add -developerkeys after the target line, here's an _example_:

"C:/Games/Max Payne 2/MaxPayne2.exe" -developerkeys

Then there shouldn't be any problems bringing up the console during gameplay.

Press the Page Up/Page Down key when you're playing and you'll turn into any

character that's in the game keep scrolling using Page up or down and you'll

also be able to find the famous nude Mona. Enjoy.

I've done this. It was actually a pretty damn good nude model.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Why do people think Max Payne 2 should be ranked worse than M?

It's not like Oblivion, with the nake people, is now ranked AO. It's an M rated game, with a naked person in it. So it should probably be rated, if Oblivion is any indication, as an M rated game.

After discovering the issues in "post-release monitoring and play-testing," the ESRB initiated a review of the game's original ratings process. The board cross-examined the tape Bethesda submitted with video taken from the final release of the game, and ultimately determined that the developer understated the detail and intensity of the blood and gore in the game. In reference to the nude skin, which is inaccessible during normal play and so couldn't have been included in the taped submission, the ESRB said publishers are required "to disclose locked-out content during the rating process if it is pertinent to a rating," and that Bethesda failed to do so.

So if the content is still present in the Xbox 360 version, then it has to be sanctioned in the same way. Otherwise they are admiting to the difference - and the problem itself - being related to the end consumer, of his own volition, deciding to alter his copy of the product in a way that it no longer subscribes to the same rating.

I disagree and obviously so did Bethesda since they saw the skin as not pertinent to the rating, so they didn't disclose it.

If you read the quote it's clear the ESRB feel Bethesda misreprented the final product in order to get a lower rating.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

this is dumb.

Yes it is. It's futile to have ratings, under aged people will find a way to get it. Half of the time their parents will get it for them.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Speaking of stupidity. <_<

Any how I dislike labels placed on games just like I disliked them when they started to do it for music. The "freedom" country becomes less free when we start moderating things like this.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Yep. We've still got to have the laws, but at the same time having the laws that are always broken undermines the authority of law as a whole - which makes laws more pointless, but we've still got to have them-

*zpoing*

What is the ESRB?

I mean, are they a US-only body, or international in some way?

Who are they accountable to?

Is there any way I, as a registerd voter in the US, can affect who is a part of this ESRB?

If their new decision is based at all on the "nude mesh" Bethesda shipped on the disc (but is 100% inaccessible without a 3rd party extractor that had to be written, and then someone had to find the file, and then make a mod to make use of it), then they're simply morons, and I'd like new members on the ESRB.

Speaking of stupidity.  <_<

Any how I dislike labels placed on games just like I disliked them when they started to do it for music. The "freedom" country becomes less free when we start moderating things like this.

:-

Let's not be too melodramatic now.

So, they should mark every game AO for the possibility of them being modded *gasp* to have nudity and simulated sex.  Makes one think if some talented modder can put nude mods and a sex scene in a Barney game.

HA!

Unlocking a file isnt what I call modding. It's what I call the developers trying to get around the ratings system.

What your talking about is a completely different thing entirely.

Unlocking anything in such a manner is basically cracking nothing at all to do with the developers unless naturally they've developed the crack :-

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me