What will happen to Jefferson?

ramza

The Baldur's Gate series is dead, let it stay dead.

The title "BG3" was just an excuse for using a famous licence. The game itself had nothing to do with the Bhaalspawn saga, and even less with the city of BG. It's better to call Jefferson by it's TRUE title, that is "The Black Hound". It could perfectly fit in an expansion or module for NWN2, even if it isn't connected with the OC. Look at SotU, it didn't follow the story of NWN1 and your character started at level 1 and was supposed to reach level 15 by the end. Obsidian could use the same approach for Jefferson, and maybe even create another expansion, in which you will be able to import your character (just like HotU did).

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

It's better to call Jefferson by it's TRUE title, that is "The Black Hound". It could perfectly fit in an expansion or module for NWN2, even if it isn't connected with the OC.

Except for the fact that Iply likely owns that story

This can be handled... Once NWN2 ships, Obsidian will have enough money to buy the rights to the game's story and designs.

Btw, what happened to the BG3 game which was promised by Atari?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Btw, what happened to the BG3 game which was promised by Atari?

The Atari guy who promised it got fired :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

..thats what I seem to remember, soon after that article, Atari's finances tanked even worse, they restructured, layed off a lot of people (Brandon Smith was the one with the loose lips who would talk about this, and he was one of the people let go), and I'm sure they took another good hard look at what they could afford to do. I think it was John Hight who was intervied in that article about BG3, and I am not sure if he still works for Atari. My guess is they just couldn't afford to get the project rolling. I think some internal people at Atari were doing some pre-production work, or planning, or something to hammer out a rough story line, but I don't think it went anywhere after that. Maybe after NWN2 is out they will get it going again - Obsidian would be the logical developer with half an engine, and being fresh with D&D developing, but I would hope if they did do it, they could burn any pre-production work Atari did and start fresh

The Baldur's Gate series is dead, let it stay dead.

The title "BG3" was just an excuse for using a famous licence. The game itself had nothing to do with the Bhaalspawn saga, and even less with the city of BG. It's better to call Jefferson by it's TRUE title, that is "The Black Hound". It could perfectly fit in an expansion or module for NWN2, even if it isn't connected with the OC. Look at SotU, it didn't follow the story of NWN1 and your character started at level 1 and was supposed to reach level 15 by the end. Obsidian could use the same approach for Jefferson, and maybe even create another expansion, in which you will be able to import your character (just like HotU did).

I know, they used the BG name on those horrid console games that had nothing to do with the series.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Ha. Go play Dunegon Seige. I'll go play a real RPG known as FO. Talk about bad tastes. :-"

Yes, my tastes are horribl. Shame on me for liking the IE games, KOTOR games, and the like. Horrible, horrible me.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"No you admitted to liking those trashy BG console games. The real deal the IE games are far superior to games then and even now. Same goes with Fallout."

1. Why are they trashy?

2. Liking both PC and console games done's make it wrong.

3. You are wrong.

Edited by Volourn

Because they are console games naturally...

Nope. Because they were POS short arse games that had no substance. Just because its on a console doesn't mean that they can break canon in the setting or use ditch the DnD game mechanic. Also the game was way to freaking easy. Beaten the game in 12 hours on hard and it is supposed be a 25 hour game. PATHETIC!

So far there has only been 1 good DnD game on console and it was released for the Sega Genesis years ago.

Nope.  Because they were POS short arse games that had no substance.  Just because its on a console doesn't mean that they can break canon in the setting or use ditch the DnD game mechanic.  Also the game was way to freaking easy.  Beaten the game in 12 hours on hard and it is supposed be a 25 hour game.  PATHETIC!

So far there has only been 1 good DnD game on console and it was released for the Sega Genesis years ago.

Anyone expecting the same game as Baldurs Gate only had themselves to blame.

Would that have been Warriors of the Eternal Sun ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Actually, I liked the BG:DA console games.

Then again, I liked them for what they were, hack n' slash "rpg lite" games set in the BG universe, not an extension of the PC versions of BG.

Plus, the ice caves were lovely.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

"Anyone expecting the same game as Baldurs Gate only had themselves to blame."

Exactly? And, hades, since when were they supposed to be 25 hours? Last I checked, BGDA was always meant to eb around 10 hours. As for canon, big whoop, every D&D game ever made breaks canon.

"Would that have been Warriors of the Eternal Sun ?"

I loved this game. :"> Better than most PC D&D games even if it's story and actual roleplaying was kinda lacking.

Edited by Volourn

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance took way more than 10 hours for me to complete. Mostly because I only played it with a friend and we spent most of the time pulling the screen in opposite directions.. :thumbsup:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Baldur's gate: Dark Alliance absolutely sucks in single player. In co-op I usually recommend it to people. It's a schizophrenic game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!