I'm an introverted

Lyric Suite

Unfortunately, I have dwelled in the land of nihilism for too long a time, I no longer believe in the glass' existence. It's sad.

Thats cool, I think its healthy. I've been there, its a sorta new beggining to start from scratch without all the social norms involved. :-

Is the world absurd? Of course! Is there meaning? yet I find it everywhere still.

Heres a hug baley! XXXXX :D

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Just look at his avatar ffs, he's all over the place.

Now look at mine, those eyes, lost in a sea of thoughts. :- (like when the **** am I gonna get this mask off)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I really liked this one quote:

"I'm okay, you're okay

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm probably more pitifully introverted than you folks, but I choose to not glorify my failings.

On the note society hasn't put a burden of shame on introverts? Or perhaps you come from a planet where being a loner isn't looked down upon? Pray tell, by all means.

Frankly, i'm not sure how can you call that pretentious if it rings true to the experience of the author as well as that of others, myself included. Who gives a **** if it's sounds arrogant? **** extroverts, i can't even go through a decent job interview this days without having to fake outgoing orientations. Job give me work to do and i'll do it for christ sake. Failings my ass...

:wub:

Edited by Lyric Suite

Haha, what a funny article. By those standards, 90% of the finnish people are introverts.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm probably more pitifully introverted than you folks, but I choose to not glorify my failings.

On the note society hasn't put a burden of shame on introverts? Or perhaps you come from a planet where being a loner isn't looked down upon? Pray tell, by all means.

Frankly, i'm not sure how can you call that pretentious if it rings true to the experience of the author as well as that of others, myself included. Who gives a **** if it's sounds arrogant?

pre

Edited by Baley

Why do I find myself agreeing with most, if not everything he, meaning Baley, just said?

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Amazing, he's somehow made being an introvert sound like being gay in the 40's. :ninja:

For one thing, extroverts are overrepresented in politics, a profession in which only the garrulous are really comfortable. Look at George W. Bush.

o.O

I'm an introvert, but the article is rubbish. The author is either overglorifying himself or trying to appeal to the readers (who are introverts, mostly).

The only good point made is that society is dominated by extroverts, especially the corporate culture (teamwork, communication skills, etc).

Frankly, i'm not sure how can you call that pretentious if it rings true to the experience of the author as well as that of others, myself included. Who gives a **** if it's sounds arrogant?

pre

Reading that article was like reading today's horoscope. A bunch of drivel, written with the lowest common denominator in mind so that as many social rejects as possible can recognize themselves in the text and wholeheartedly agree with the unmotivated conclusion of, "I'm silent and a social retard, therefore I must be more intelligent than thee".

It's amazing how many people fall for texts like those just because they want it to be true, just like horoscopes.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Reading that article was like reading today's horoscope. A bunch of drivel, written with the lowest common denominator in mind so that as many social rejects as possible can recognize themselves in the text and wholeheartedly agree with the unmotivated conclusion of, "I'm silent and a social retard, therefore I must be more intelligent than thee".

It's amazing how many people fall for texts like those just because they want it to be true, just like horoscopes.

Although intelligence was mentioned a couple of times, that was hardly the point of the article or even one of the main topics discussed.

And both times the way it was mentioned was seemingly humorous.

Although intelligence was mentioned a couple of times, that was hardly the point of the article or even one of the main topics discussed.

And both times the way it was mentioned was seemingly humorous.

The point is not that article says that introverts are more intelligent, but rather that it reeks of arrogance.

Or

You arent an introvert. If youre afraid to show your gut or your teeth you just lack self esteem and need to see a psychologist who can help you out. The article clearly mentions that we need to distinguish people like you who are just shy and afraid from genuine introverts:

Introverts are not necessarily shy. Shy people are anxious or frightened or self-excoriating in social settings; introverts generally are not.

I am not shy, not am I usually afraid, nice of you to assume things. Re-read my post, slowly. Perhaps I do need a psychologist.

Can you grasp that number? 25% of the world population, 1.5 billion people?

Do you truly believe that their behaviour has not been influenced by some sort of social maladjustment? (this happening to *most* of them, not all, I'd hate to generalise, no, I wouldn't, but I'm a nice guy.)

1.5 billion self-contained philosophers that would make the world a much better place if they raised their heads for just one moment?

The fact that otherwise seemingly somewhat intelligent people get fooled by this drivel is unfortunate.

Edited by Baley

So was Hitler, eh?

And it's funny how the article mentions Reagan, quite possibly one of the worst American president of the 20th century, second only to Woodrow Wilson in his indifference towards the constitution and welfare of his fellow citizens?

"You can't help those who simply will not be helped. One problem that we've had, even in the best of times, is people who are sleeping on the grates, the homeless who are homeless, you might say, by choice."

"Why should we subsidize intellectual curiosity?"

But I guess I'm an extroverted bully trying to repress the poor introverts. :*(

Baley's interweb slong just grew by a few inches.

Seriously, I know I'm very shallow, but even yours truly noticed how much the articles author was brownnosing his audience. I wouldn't call it arrogent. I'd call it PR.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Some of you have no sense of humor and take this article way too seriously, methinks. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Here....you might want to read the interview with the author about his article. While he does believe introverts are 'misunderstood' and all that, he also says:

So I started organizing my thoughts on the subject. Another motivation was, basically, that I thought it would be funny.