What are you playing now...

Darque

The graphics are nice, even though it says on the box it doesn't support my cards chip set. The controls suck. You just touch the mouse and your characters view is going around in circles.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I sent my review copy of Dreamfall to my mom a few days ago. Last night she called me and was upset about how much Dreamfall sucked. She's a pure adventure gamer and her favourite game ever is The Longest journey.. I thought that said a lot about the new game.

It's too easy, it's too short, it has really crappy fighting/sneaking sequences and the 3D doesn't add anything to the game except camera annoyances. Combine that with badly ported Xbox controls and you've got a fine mess.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, I'm too tired to play anything tonight, but I'll be playing CoH tomorrow. Look for @Eldara and maybe some of us can get together for some bad guy/good guy smiting.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Seeing the Oiler's run has made me dust off my copy of NHL 2006.

The franchise mode can be pretty frustrating, the owner at the begining of the year says he wants the #1 pick in the draft. I of course ignore him and win the stanley cup. At the beginning of the next year he's like last year was a frustrating year, but I don't think its all your fault, this years goal is to get the #1 pick. :angry:

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Stronghold Crusader...love building castles. If only those blasted trees would stop growing so fast.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Seeing the Oiler's run has made me dust off my copy of NHL 2006.

The franchise mode can be pretty frustrating, the owner at the begining of the year says he wants the #1 pick in the draft. I of course ignore him and win the stanley cup. At the beginning of the next year he's like last year was a frustrating year, but I don't think its all your fault, this years goal is to get the #1 pick. :angry:

BTW - have you tried the Eastside Hockey Manger series, Laozi? It's pretty addictive (even for non-kanadians).

manthing2.jpg

Silver.

The main bady just killed one of his Elite Commando's for staring at him... certainly no RPG for Hades :shifty:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I've been hooked on Everquest 2. I just levelled a wizard up to 20 in about 8 days. I had never made it into the 20's on previous EQ2 runs, but I'm really enjoying it for some reason. I'm even thinking of plunking down money for an expansion or an adventure pack. It's a sickness, really.

I've been hooked on Everquest 2.  I just levelled a wizard up to 20 in about 8 days.  I had never made it into the 20's on previous EQ2 runs, but I'm really enjoying it for some reason.  I'm even thinking of plunking down money for an expansion or an adventure pack.  It's a sickness, really.

How do you like it compared to WoW?

I recently cancelled my WoW account and went back to Dark Age because I wanted some good PvP and didn't like waiting hours in a que. Plus, the game basically gives the casual gamer the middle finger once you hit 60. I don't have time to spend 5-6 hrs a day going on raids just so I can fight with other players over loot. I really didn't want to leave WoW because I enjoyed the PvE immensley but the whole focus on raiding at 60, the complete joke that is the PvP honor system, faction grinding and the immature player base really took the fun out of the game, for me anyways.

I've been meaning to try EQ2 but I didn't want to invest time in a PvE only MMO.

I heard they've added some form of PvP or are going to in an expansion. I see you played/play WoW too so I'm interested to know how you would compare the two.

Edited by Setzer

How do you like it compared to WoW?

I recently cancelled my WoW account and went back to Dark Age because I wanted some good PvP and didn't like waiting hours in a que. Plus, the game basically gives the casual gamer the middle finger once you hit 60. I don't have time to spend 5-6 hrs a day going on raids just so I can fight with other players over loot. I really didn't want to leave WoW because I enjoyed the PvE immensley but the whole focus on raiding at 60, the complete joke that is the PvP honor system, faction grinding and the immature player base really took the fun out of the game, for me anyways.

I've been meaning to try EQ2 but I didn't want to invest time in a PvE only MMO.

I heard they've added some form of PvP or are going to in an expansion. I see you played/play WoW too so I'm interested to know how you would compare the two.

It's a tough comparison because I haven't got up in the high levels of EQ2, but so far the game is much more complex. In many ways that's fun, because there are real differences in the way different races develop, and there is just a ton of non-combat stuff to do, like player housing, trophy collections, and so on. The trade skill system is a game in itself, although I'm not a huge fan of it.

The combat is a bit more intricate due to all the available skills, but the PvE areas are nowhere near as cool as WoW. They are decent, but WoW had a ton of places to explore in the first 20 levels, and EQ2 feels a bit cramped in comparison. Again, I'm hoping the world opens up more now that I'm past 20. I played EQ2 about a year ago and it was a struggle, but they really changed the 1-20 experience and made it better.

Quests are not as rewarding, but there are just a ton of them. So far I've enjoyed many of them, and I really like buying books and then following the book questlines, and then placing my completed book in my house. Many of the quests are tough to do without a group, though, and I haven't found the best companions yet. Many people seem caught up in min/maxing, but I guess that's any mmorpg.

I haven't tried the PVP, but it's definitely there and supposedly it's decent. I'm a little worried that it will be a grind after 20, but so far it's been good. The expansions also seemn to be well thought out and add interesting locales to visit in the later levels.

Shin Megami Tensei thanks to Aeon Genesis translation.

It's pretty funny that the translation is so much better then Revelation : Persona which was actually released in NA (without the entire Japanese race being censored out!).

All I can say so far is... Take your faithful puppy dog to the Cathedral of Shadows, offer it as a sacrifice in a fusion... and say hello to your new Cerberus companion. :D

Great game, very unique espcially for being over a decade old.

is that Nocturne?

No. Nocturne is part 3 in the series.

The first game was called "Digital Devil Story" for NES and it was published by Namco. It was later picked up by Atlus and pretty much remade into Shin Megami Tensei that was release for SNES (it's the one I'm talking about). It never got released in NA.

Shin Megami Tensei thanks to Aeon Genesis translation.

It's pretty funny that the translation is so much better then Revelation : Persona which was actually released in NA (without the entire Japanese race being censored out!).

All I can say so far is... Take your faithful puppy dog to the Cathedral of Shadows, offer it as a sacrifice in a fusion... and say hello to your new Cerberus companion. :D

Great game, very unique espcially for being over a decade old.

That was one of the most mature games I've ever played o:)

Spoilers:

How many other games have a monster kill and eat your "mom" and then take her form just to kill you (as in the main character)

Edited by Darque

So, standard turn-based stuff (haven't actually played Bard's Tale)? Anything 'unique' about the combat system?

How is it compared to Persona?

It's a dungeon crawler... effectively.

but a cool one o:)

I don't remember it that clearly, and I never finished it... it was a casualty of failing harddrive if I recall.