BREAKING NEWS: NEW MMO REVEALED

Llyranor

Disney Online will unveil the first images and a playable version of the never-before-seen Pirates of the Caribbean Online game at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) on May 10-12th in booth #1024, South Hall. This massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), slated for release in 2007, is based on the popular film franchise and will allow players to experience the world captured on screen. In the game, players will interact with Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann and other characters made popular in the movie franchise, as they embark on exciting quests in search of treasure and notoriety.

Capturing the high seas and swashbuckling adventures found in both

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Another worthless MMORPG.  :thumbsup:

Don't you/Didn't you play DDO? :blink:"

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

One word: Disney. I love pirates as much as the next guy, but I don't know if I could handle it. Pirates were often mean, drunken bastards. Then again I played Puzzle Pirates(MMOG) for like sixth months and game's don't get much more cute than that one, other than the fact rum was like player fuel. It would be hard to top its sheer, lego piratey, brilliance though.

Must not forget the upcoming Pirates of the Burning Sea too. I'm sure Flying Lab was thrilled a little company like Disney is fixing to compete with them.

Edited by StillLife

Pirate games always tend to be on the romantic side. Sid Meier's Pirates is one of the most highly acclaimed games of all time. It certainly does not depict pirates accurately.

If this was Freelancer on the seas, I'd likely buy it in a second.

Yes.

I have played some Eve Online as well.

Though I just played the trial. By the time I was willing to pay for an MMO, I had no one to play with. Didn't feel like jumping in by my lonesome.

Eve has a fantastic economy.

Edited by alanschu