Favourite Rock Bands

I think Metallica came closest to "rock" with Load and Reloaded. Basically, those albums are, as someone mentioned, "post grunge" but with heavy Blues and Southern Rock elements.

BTW, I've been listening to St. Anger and, well, I like it. Who says Nu Metal has to be super polished?

BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM *ching* BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM *ching* *ching* BAM BAM *ching* DEEP GROWL

Uh... yes. There's something other than polish at work here.

I think Metallica came closest to "rock" with Load and Reloaded.  Basically, those albums are, as someone mentioned, "post grunge" but with heavy Blues and Southern Rock elements.

BTW, I've been listening to St. Anger and, well, I like it.  Who says Nu Metal has to be super polished?

Yeah, that was me too, but that still wasn't rock. It sounded more like the metal influenced grunge of Alice In Chains.

And I only made it all the way through St. Anger (the album) ONCE. It has some good rhythm guitar, but that's it. The drums sound like pots and pans, there isn't a solo on the whole goddamn thing, the bass isn't even audible, there's almost no melody, the songs are long for the sake of having long songs and are incredibly repetetive, Hetfield's singing goes off-pitch half the time, and he randomly says words fast and slow for no reason or melody.

Some Kind Of Monster is an okay song though, and for some reason, I have taken quite a liking to The Unnamed Feeling.

**** you and the implication you make with that post. Not only do I love Billy Joel (Oh My God Pianoman!), but most metalheads I know know more about different types of music, music theory and music history than most hipsters and 'music buffs' can even dream of.

I used to know something about music, in my teens.

Then I became a metalhead. :(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

**** you and the implication you make with that post. Not only do I love Billy Joel (Oh My God Pianoman!), but most metalheads I know know more about different types of music, music theory and music history than most hipsters and 'music buffs' can even dream of.

You had a friend who likes jazz write that, didn't you?

I didn't get it.

Google did.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

You had a friend who likes jazz write that, didn't you?

I don't see what jazz has to do with it. Ask Billy what kind of music he makes - he'll say, as he has said before, that he makes rock music.

I don't have any 'friends' who like jazz, simply because every single 'person' I've ever met that plays jazz is an absolute terror to be around. Jazz is a gross misuse of musical skills that has absolutely no emotion whatsoever, and is pretty much to all music what bands like System of a Down and Tool are to metal. Pretentious twats who are so arrogant about their chord progressions that they forget to put any form of melody in it. Complete with an utter lack of stage presence and absolutely nothing to say, that makes jazz about as interesting as something halfway between static and Post-Rock.

As for me, I'm currently listening to Claude Debussy. Take from that what you will, but I'm not wasting any more time on your disturbing assumptions before you make any more flaws of the human race completely apparent to me.

Edited by TrueNeutral

:lol:

Oh well, soon you too can only read half topics.

kirottu said:

Oh man, Kum, he's a what? That has to be one of the greatest insults I've ever heard, you ****ing win the internet man, oh man, I'm snickering all over. ****ing fantastic!

It's not like he didn't deserve being called that, but perhaps you should delete the post? The mods here are kinda righteous these days.

I don't see what the big hissy fit is about. What you listen to is your business really. I listen to music from classical to death metal. Do I really care what people think of me listening to classical, techno, metal or whatever? No.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.