NWN2 devchat in 2 hrs

Llyranor

Good God, you freaks! :Eldar's laughing maniaclly at the strange turn that's come to the thread:

For what it's worth, I'd like a good RPG set in modern times. ...But why should we be forced to create a modern CRPG to expore interpersonal interaction that must undoubtedly be present between sentient beings everywhere?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yep. THink about all the legends about dragons. THink on one who survive the draconic purge from the middle ages, slowly winding into the higher echelons of the Catholic Church, and during modern times spread out his wealth, power, and influence in the corporate arena especially in biotech companies that are doing stem cell research and cloning.

Ah, the possibilities...

There was only one weapon that could really hurt him to. The Sword of St. George, whih could only be wielded by one of St. George's bloodline.

Edited by Judge Hades

Oh come on, don't purists like you guys hate Cliches... kind of like the worlds evil dragon is the secret head of the Catholic Church? I bet you the dragon rings your doorbell from time to time. Apparently, he's Christian.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Oh come on, don't purists like you guys hate Cliches... kind of like the worlds evil dragon is the secret head of the Catholic Church?  I bet you the dragon rings your doorbell from time to time.  Apparently, he's Christian.

Well, technically he was a half-fiend great wyrm dragon and he worshipped a power within the Christian religion so technically...

The best part about the campaign was it didn't have any sort of apparent magic in it till the players were well into their career paths for their characters. It was a largely unmagical modern campaign with a demon dragon and a magic sword in it. HA!

Oh, the inspiration came from the epic poem called The Faerie Queene. A middle english Protestant bias epic poem if memory serves.

Edited by Judge Hades

Yep.  THink about all the legends about dragons.  THink on one who survive the draconic purge from the middle ages, slowly winding into the higher echelons of the Catholic Church, and during modern times spread out his wealth, power, and influence in the corporate arena especially in biotech companies that are doing stem cell research and cloning.

Sounds kinda like ShadowRun, or at least that was sort of the the premise of the one for the Super NES long ago, not sure it was a standard in the campaign setting.

I'd love to see something set in modernish times. Anything other than medieval fantasy would be good in my book though. Unfortunately, there are too many lame people who don't buy non-fantasy CRPGs. Think about all the CRPGs with non-fantasy settings that have failed to make a significant financial impact. If I were a developer looking to make some money, I wouldn't touch a non-fantasy setting with a ten-foot pole.

"WTF do you mean 'there's no elves'?!"

Edited by StillLife

Okay, Gromnir, start a discussion about the stupid design decisions for 2nd edition. Please.

Obsidian Plays

Wow. So there is. I'll have to plod through the thread somewhere along the line. The problem with a 16 page thread is that you really should read the whole thing before you respond. Being extremely lazy by nature, I don't always do that. I thought it was an entertaining thread, however. Too many Halfling arguments for my tastes, and the drow business irritates me whenever I see it, but there were some good arguments on both sides.

Of course, I was excited by 3rd edition and I still think it's better than 2nd. 3rd/3.5 is going down some of the same dark paths as 2nd, though. I remember, for either ADnD or 2nd edition, one of my players calling on the variant that split up stats into two each. Nope, min/maxing wasn't enough for this guy. He wanted to use the variant that allowed you to split strength into two different stats and take two points from stamina and put them in... something like power or some such. Ugh.

Anyhow, I'll go do my bit flogging the horse rather than destroy this pristine topic.

Edited by Eldar

Obsidian Plays

Are you coming out, Hades ... :-"

Here I am trying to have a decently civil and mature discussion and you post drivel like that. Typical. :shifty:

It was an honest question aimed at, good-naturedly, elucidating more information about your fascinating story.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It was mostly a transcript of the Dev Chat interview concerning NWN2. Then we were discussing 2nd edition v 3rd edition clerics. Then we were arguing what place balance held in relation to other design factors. Then we were arguing about it for a while. Then we got into some sort of funky talk about bully and Hade's use of his +10 backpack of meanie mashing. Then we got into.... oh, who the hell knows what the topic is anymore. Good to see you, Joe.

Obsidian Plays

I think the real question is, why would Meta ever seek to insult or flame someone?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds