KotOR vs Star Wars eps

Your Favourite  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Your Favourite

• Star Wars Episodes
    • KotOR

• 1 month later...

i reckon OR all the way up untill ep3 was the best parts of star wars

and yeah, there was some good stuff in 4+5+6, 4 was basically a new thing, introductory to the whole thing and 6 ended it all which was sad

all this stuff, imperial remnant, JK era isnt my fav

Another reason how K1 was interesting was Revan's identity being revealed only towards a middle part of its story with a simultaneous capturing of Bastila. More like paying a price for knowledge on part of Revan's story, I feel.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Personally i liked kotor, it was different and new

You do realize that the Star Wars movies were also once "different and new", right?

But I guess not everyone on this board is as old as I am and can remember those times. :(

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I am refering from the Star Wars series perspective, there hasnt been anything set so far back in the Old Republic Era.

>_<

Actually you are wrong. If I remember right, there were early versions of these games as comics. Bioware took the idea from comic "Knights of the Old Republic" if I remember right. Oh, and there is comic called "Knights of the Old Republic: Sith lords" :)

Other thing is that how much games and comics have comon. Not much.

But anyway, Sith Wars, Great Hyperspace Wars, New Sith Wars etc. has all ready been set, so there has already things in so far back in OR era. Heck, Hyperspace war is even thousand year before kotor. And before that is Great Schism (how it is spelled anyway) and there is even stories of very beginning of jedi and Republic. When Coruscant has city states and such.

So KOtor era is not that different. It is only 40 later than Sith Wars which were documented by many, many comics

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Guest Ajunta Pall

Are you referring to the Tales of the Jedi series by Dark Horse Comics? There are six issues chronicling the fall of Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma to the Dark Side of The Force labeled Dark Lords of the Sith. Actually, the whole Tales of the Jedi series covers most of the history behind The Great Hyperspace War and The Sith War. I own most of this series. It is very good. :)

Perhaps YOU are wrong, Xard.

I am refering from the Star Wars series perspective, there hasnt been anything set so far back in the Old Republic Era.

:wub:

Actually you are wrong. If I remember right, there were early versions of these games as comics. Bioware took the idea from comic "Knights of the Old Republic" if I remember right. Oh, and there is comic called "Knights of the Old Republic: Sith lords" :lol:

Other thing is that how much games and comics have comon. Not much.

But anyway, Sith Wars, Great Hyperspace Wars, New Sith Wars etc. has all ready been set, so there has already things in so far back in OR era. Heck, Hyperspace war is even thousand year before kotor. And before that is Great Schism (how it is spelled anyway) and there is even stories of very beginning of jedi and Republic. When Coruscant has city states and such.

So KOtor era is not that different. It is only 40 later than Sith Wars which were documented by many, many comics

Edited by Ajunta Pall

Sorry, I wasnt being precise enough :)

I was meaning gamewise there hasnt been any Star Wars game which was set in an RPG format, or in the OR series, no movie, or game has ever before been based around the OR (besides the comics, which fall under the EU category)

Sorry, I wasnt being precise enough :)

I was meaning gamewise there hasnt been any Star Wars game which was set in an RPG format, or in the OR series, no movie, or game has ever before been based around the OR (besides the comics, which fall under the EU category)

Yup, that's true. Though Kotors are EU too :p

Yeah, I mean Tale of The Jedi series. But at one day I looked some of my old SW comics and there was some sort of "SW comics timeline" and below Tales of the Jedi section there was two comics, that Kotor and Kotor TSL. I had quite of...WTF feeling should I say.

I haven't read them though, so I don't know how much they have common with games

edit: Oh, nevermind. Kotor comics were:

* Tales of the Jedi 1: Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beast Wars of Onderon, Part 1

* Tales of the Jedi 2: Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beast Wars of Onderon, Part 2

* Tales of the Jedi 3: The Saga of Nomi Sunrider, Part 1

* Tales of the Jedi 4: The Saga of Nomi Sunrider, Part 2

* Tales of the Jedi 5: The Saga of Nomi Sunrider, Part 3

Damn, I should've been more precise when reading those comics. '

Hmm.. but well, about Kotor in wookiepedia:

Set shortly after the Tales of the Jedi comic books from Dark Horse, BioWare designed the game around this little-documented period in order to have more conceptual and artistic freedom.

So... there might even be some comics (or concept arts and abandonded ideas) about Kotor comics.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Sorry, I wasnt being precise enough :thumbsup:

Yup, that's true. Though Kotors are EU too :)

Yeah, I mean Tale of The Jedi series. But at one day I looked some of my old SW comics and there was some sort of "SW comics timeline" and below Tales of the Jedi section there was two comics, that Kotor and Kotor TSL. I had quite of...WTF feeling should I say.

I haven't read them though, so I don't know how much they have common with games

edit: Oh, nevermind. Kotor comics were:

* Tales of the Jedi 1: Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beast Wars of Onderon, Part 1

* Tales of the Jedi 2: Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beast Wars of Onderon, Part 2

* Tales of the Jedi 3: The Saga of Nomi Sunrider, Part 1

* Tales of the Jedi 4: The Saga of Nomi Sunrider, Part 2

* Tales of the Jedi 5: The Saga of Nomi Sunrider, Part 3

Damn, I should've been more precise when reading those comics. '

Hmm.. but well, about Kotor in wookiepedia:

Set shortly after the Tales of the Jedi comic books from Dark Horse, BioWare designed the game around this little-documented period in order to have more conceptual and artistic freedom.

So... there might even be some comics (or concept arts and abandonded ideas) about Kotor comics.

you forgot the dark lords of the sith, Sith war, Golden age of the sith and the fall of the sith.

Golden age and Fall take place 100 or so years before the others. They chronicle Naga Shadow's exploits and his attempt at taking the galaxy in the Hyperspace war.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I found the Kotor games to be more interesting than the films. Must be because there is actual character development and not action every five minutes.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Guest The Architect

For me...

1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. A New Hope

3. KOTOR II

4. Revenge of the Sith

5. Return of the Jedi

6. KOTOR

7. Attack of the Clones

8. The Phantom Menace

Edited by The Architect

I have not seen episode three nor will I(Ignorance is bliss BTW)so I can't really compare it to KOTOR.Though I have seen the first two.Ep2 was so dull I've forgotern What little plot there was....Obiwan running around giving fan service hiding behind an asteroid....?Some soppy little PRAT......and,DON'T,GET ME STARTED,ON THAT! 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.

*FORCE CRUSH*

*clap,clap*

My Lord?

Will you stop calling me that.

Sorry....Is there something you wanted me for,General?

Be a good little minion and get the fat floating orb to clean up that *makes circling motions at floor with finger* and send it to its 'friends'.Then bring that pathetic excuse for a mandalorian before Mandalore I believe he might like to....have a word.

Claws out today General?

I don't know what you mean.

:- Need I say more?

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

original trilogy was great, pure genius in the storyline and even now although it doesnt match the big shot graphics and SF, its still great the whole plot of good and evil, which kotor also protrays and displays, but in game format and a better time period IMO

i prefer the whole thing of sith(loser empire, them wanabe jerks :wub: ) vs the republic and jedi :p

I loved the koto story so that was my vote

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

meant kotor story srry bout that

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

lol my 1st talking in the forums i played barely any of kkotor 1 but finished kotor II twice im goin for the third now and i had to go with kotor because its more detailed and more jedi and sith (acept in number II were unless ur good u go around slicing every body part u can find off) and they should use darth sion in a movie.

P.S i started lkiking him about a day ago when he smashed kreias skull into the wall kneed her in the stomach choked her and trew her to the ground.

lol my 1st talking in the forums i played barely any of kkotor 1 but finished kotor II twice im goin for the third now and i had to go with kotor because its more detailed and more jedi and sith (acept in number II were unless ur good u go around slicing every body part u can find off) and they should use darth sion in a movie.

P.S i started lkiking him about a day ago when he smashed kreias skull into the wall kneed her in the stomach choked her and trew her to the ground.

lol

Liked K2 for some of its design concepts for Jedi robes and alternative kinds of armour etc.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧