The Masons

Gray_Jedi_Knight

I think Enoch makes some really good points. The Freemasons (who are the spiritual successors of the Knights Templar) provided the only real vehicle for ("non-religious") community and freedom of thought at a time when such things were needed and highly sought after.

Now, there is simply no real need for that structure. Are they trying to take over the world? I don't know but the U.S. military/civil service had to crack down on overt patronage among masonic members a number of years ago (when it was more popular).

In practice, the biggest problem I have with those organizations is the secrecy. They will not let you know all that they stand for until you are a member. That is just a little too creepy for me.

And yes, Commissar...that's either a long list of coincidences or something's not quite right.

not even coincidences... if you read the fine print, most of the "33rd parallel" crap isn't even on the 33rd parallel. it's "south of" or "near" but rarely actually "on" the 33rd parallel. in some instances, it's actually several degrees to either direction and often, simply "to the north of." if this isn't a joke i don't know what is.

it's funny that there's some conspiracy in the fact that most of the world's wealth is in the northern hemisphere until you notice that most of the land is actually in the northern hemisphere. over half is above the 33rd parallel. no wonder all the people live there (the largest landmass in the southern hemisphere is antarctica, which is all but uninhabitable).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Does anyone else think it's a little spooky that every time a topic about the Masons, JFK, the Giancana Mafia, the Illuminati, or conspiracy theories comes up, Commissar posts the exact same chunk of text every single time?  :(

I think it would be odd that a new member would know that, don't you......ELDAR!?!?

not even coincidences... if you read the fine print, most of the "33rd parallel" crap isn't even on the 33rd parallel.  it's "south of" or "near" but rarely actually "on" the 33rd parallel.  in some instances, it's actually several degrees to either direction and often, simply "to the north of."  if this isn't a joke i don't know what is.

it's funny that there's some conspiracy in the fact that most of the world's wealth is in the northern hemisphere until you notice that most of the land is actually in the northern hemisphere.  over half is above the 33rd parallel.  no wonder all the people live there (the largest landmass in the southern hemisphere is antarctica, which is all but uninhabitable).

taks

Taks, I can't tell you how disappointed I am in you.

In practice, the biggest problem I have with those organizations is the secrecy.  They will not let you know all that they stand for until you are a member.  That is just a little too creepy for me.

and what secrets are worth everyone knowing? their "secrets" are nothing more than silly rituals as i've already noted. do the lions, or the eagles, or any other rotary club post their "secrets?" (hint: no). any private company keeps it's inner workings secret, should those all be public too? every government in the world has lots of secrets.

this line of reasoning, i'm sorry, is ridiculous. these are private organizations, so it only stands to reason that they not let you in on their business unless you join. nothing more. why is it so important to know what "secrets" they have?

taks

man, commissar, give me a break... i love conspiracy theories but rational thought must prevade. of course, knowing you, stirring the pot is not out of the question! :(

i'm more concerned with the influence of the trilateral commission and the bilderbergs... :) none of which has anything to do with the masons or the 33rd parallel (er, nothing credible). hehe.

taks

man, commissar, give me a break... i love conspiracy theories but rational thought must prevade. of course, knowing you, stirring the pot is not out of the question! :(

i'm more concerned with the influence of the trilateral commission and the bilderbergs... :) none of which has anything to do with the masons or the 33rd parallel (er, nothing credible). hehe.

taks

Your name from now on is 'Bass.' 'Cause you hit hook, line, and sinker.

this line of reasoning, i'm sorry, is ridiculous.  these are private organizations, so it only stands to reason that they not let you in on their business unless you join.  nothing more.  why is it so important to know what "secrets" they have?

taks

If I join the Rotary club, I don't call the chapter president "Worshipful Master".

An organization that claims to be non-sectarian and yet has a lot of quasi-religious customs that they can't tell you about until you join...that is "odd" to say the least.

Because knowledge is power. It's not about secrets. It's about INFORMAATION.

but a silly little club's secrets are none of your business... it's like me asking you about your sex life. none of my business either.

why people think they need to know everythinig about private entities is beyone me. it is intrusive.

taks

If I join the Rotary club, I don't call the chapter president "Worshipful Master".

big freaking deal. how does that give you a right to pry into their business? they could call him "has relationship with donkey" and it's still none of your business.

An organization that claims to be non-sectarian and yet has a lot of quasi-religious customs that they can't tell you about until you join...that is "odd" to say the least.

so, since when does odd give you a right to pry into others' business?

really, this is ridiculous.

taks

big freaking deal. how does that give you a right to pry into their business? they could call him "has relationship with donkey" and it's still none of your business.

so, since when does odd give you a right to pry into others' business?

really, this is ridiculous.

taks

This thread WAS started by GJK. What do you expect?