What Did You Like About Kotor 2?

lol attons lines were funny too... sometimes... but this one is better!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The interface seemed pretty much the same to me.

kotor1 interface was square-ish, kotor2 had round edges-erish!

I thought Onderon was better than all of those planets in the first KOTOR.

someone is ... narrow minded :wub:

This is all immaterial......best part of KOTOR2: 'I'm not going to go charging up her loading ramp'

Your right... :ermm:

indeed, atton was funny, what i found funny was what he called darth sion :wub: "sleeps with vibroblades"

Edited by Revan_Returns

It has been a while since I made a thread. So the question is, what did you like about Kotor 2? The path you take in alignment? Influencing others? The items that you find? What is it?

I like influencing other, but influenceing droids was just dumb, they would really just obey. Starting as jedi was fun, but i liked how in K1 you had to start as something ordinary. Items kick a** in K2. Thats all

some characters (other then kreia of course) were very well developed... and had interesting things to show you...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I agree that character, NPCs, backgrounds were covered in better detail than the first game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

• 1 month later...

And also mentioned about how an understanding of the Force might have continued.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I liked reliving the mandlorian wars in that sith temple and confronting them and seeing bastila and revan was cool lol

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Jedi robes and armour and variability with swords was developed further in second game.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Jedi robes look much better in the second game. Too bad there was no hoods though.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

the dialogue along with the infulence should have been a bit more defined with more option,

for example

-Loose influence from character gain LS points

-Loose influence from character gain DS points

-Gain influence from character gain LS points

-Gain influence from character gain DS points

-Gain influence

-Lose influence

these options should have been available at significant points when talking to characters or actions

Nope. They couldn't do that because after doing sth smart like Gain influence+DS with a LS char wouldn't leave any place for Kreia to put her 2 cents in.

Moreover such actions are told to be "Manipulative" and the Exile couldn't have had them because that would bring competition to Kreia.

Starting the game with the thought "the Exile is dumb and doesn't know anything about manipulation and the gray side" makes it alot easier to accept the dialog options you are given.

<_< i say we kick out kreia

If Atris had more of these voiced lines about being Darth Traya... it would definitely be possible to do that or at least weaken her role :)

I think this relates well to the whole problem with the dialogue system of Kotor2.

The things is, as it is now, it's relatively easy to see which options will lead to either the light or the dark side, and most of the time also quite easy to see which will give you better influence. But i mean, that's totally stupid, cause it's not that black/white in real life. I mean, sometimes what might seem like the right thing at the moment, could cause a chain of events that leads to disaster. Even though your action at the time is well meant, and possibly noble, it doesn't nesessarily mean it should reward you with lightside points, seeing as the outcome is more important than your actions at the moment. I mean, isn't that what being a Jedi is all about? Doing the right thing in the long run... Trying to keep a balance in the universe, even though that might mean letting some people live with their troubles at the moment, so long as it's for the greater good in the long run.

In Kotor (both games really) you have to be a cold, cruel, calculating son of a biatch to become darkside, and if you're not, you'll generally become lightside. If you wanna become "grey" you have to show yourself as somekinda multiple personality disorder kinda person and mostly be nice to people, but occationally act like a complete psycho to level out the good stuff. There's really no "neutral" choices in the dialogues. It's either saint or satan really.

The game as a whole however, is entertaining, it's got a nice Jedi kinda feel to it, and that's the important things in my book. The story also seems to be much more complex than you might think at first, so that's also things i like about it.

Okay, i'll cut it there...before i go on too long :D

There could have been mini-scale battles between wandering Kinrath on Dantooine and any remaining kath hounds that were gathered near the entrance to the Enclave, rather than having some hounds being transported to Nar Shaddaa, of which quite a few were kept in Visquis's underground base.

Also, the kinrath could have mutated some kind of additional developmental strain due to any radiation from Malak's bombing of Dantooine, so that they would be of considerable difficulty in terms of being gotten rid of. (Just an idea)

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

If there is something which is hard to understand, is how Obsidian made ship crashes such a common occurrence in K2. Makes game quite a rough ride at times.

K1 had fewer ship crashes, now that I think of it.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Unrealistic ship crashes. The crash on Malachor 5 would have created multiple hull breaches on it, yet it flew like nothing happened at the end.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

That is one of the hardest thing to Team Gizka. How to explanate Ebon Hawk's dead and resurrection

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well, it is piece of sh*t after that crash, if you go and look it with your character.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

If the last Handmaiden was differentiated from the other Handmaiden sisters, they would not look like duplicates of each other.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧