Playable Mass Effect

karka

What if Dragon Age is the MMPORG they are working on? Seems kinda logical since they have a "world" but no game.

Better hope the PS3 steamrolls it then otherwise you wont be playing Mass Effect for a couple of years at the least.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Not even the first xbox is under 100 yet, i think.

Ok it's not $ but.

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/consol...sp?platform=XBX

Cheaper to buy than a PS2.

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/produc...tion_2_console_

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Meh. The main reason DA was announced so soon was to shut the PC-only fans up. If they had simply revealed that they were making console games, the PC dudes would be riotting even more than they are now. The longer they take, the better. If you want a rushed problem, you can replay KOTOR2.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Meh. The main reason DA was announced so soon was to shut the PC-only fans up. If they had simply revealed that they were making console games, the PC dudes would be riotting even more than they are now. The longer they take, the better. If you want a rushed problem, you can replay KOTOR2.

Probably.

They have had the playground pretty much to themselves for a couple of years though.

478327[/snapback]

"Since Mass Effect is going to be playable and Dragon Age is no where to be seen, and given that Dragon Age is the game they announced first, it seems Bioware is in fact neglecting the PC single player audience in favor tot he console junkies. Not one bit surprised by that either. What Bioware says and what they do tend to be very different things."

False.

False.

False.

1. BIO has Dragon Age. I recall NWN took years to come out after it was announced.

2. They're still working on NWN patches, premium modules, and other content.

3. Their MMORPG is likely going to be for the PC.

There ya go. 3 reasons why you are simply wrong as per usual.

P.S. BIo *always* does what they say. Some people just seem confused to what BIO said. BIO has never said they were a PC exclusive company.

And, there can't be loyalty by companies when 'fans' (and, I use the term lightly) don't know what loyalty true means.

You can't buy loyalty, and that's what customers actually believe when they spend their dollars.

We buy games. Not loyalty. Loyalty is earned. Customers *never* earn loyalty.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You're right.  I still enjoy playing my BG2 character in NWN.  It made the game feel much more epic.

And that running your own villiage and sending NPC's out on missions worked so well in Jade Empire..

478327[/snapback]

Both of those things were announced that they weren't in their respective games months (if not year+) in advance.

Things change. Deal with it.

It be different, if they didn't tell people before the games were released. Then you'd have a point.

:thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sometimes i get the feeling that Bioware is treated like Metallica of game-developers.

- "Your first 2-3 games are classic, legendary!"

- "Sellouts!"

- "Your latest games have been sucked, stop developing for the console kiddies!"

:thumbsup:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

1. BIO has Dragon Age. I recall NWN took years to come out after it was announced.

Your point? NWN is old news with NWN 2 going to be here in a few short months. Bioware has Dragon Age and what exactly does that mean. Sure they have "Dragon Age" but so what. SOme company out there has "Duke Nuke'm Forever" as well. I am sure Blizzard has "Diablo 3" too.

2. They're still working on NWN patches, premium modules, and other content.

Irrelevant. NWN is a 4 year old game that had its day. What has Bioware done lately for the PC market?

3. Their MMORPG is likely going to be for the PC.

Yeah, and that was just announced and probably more than 4 to 6 years off so that also makes it irrelevant and how it pertains to Dragon Age. All indications show that Dragon Age is vaporware.