SMT:DDS

Came across this while checking the updates :blink:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/produc...tal_devil_saga_

And Journey of the Cursed King looks like it's being released earlier too :lol:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/produc...tal_devil_saga_

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

SMT:DDS

Enter the world of the Junkyard, where rival tribes fight an endless war-vying for supremacy and the right to ascend to Nirvana. Changed forever by a mysterious light, Serph and his comrades now have the power to change into powerful demons... but with that power comes a price - an insatiable hunger to devour their enemies!

Features:

Experience a fully-voiced, epic sci-fi fantasy story with over 50 hours of gameplay!

Enter a dark, futuristic world with characters designed by renowned Japanese artist Kazuma Kaneko!

In battle, strategically switch between human and demon forms to exploit enemies' weaknesses.

"Devour" your enemies to increase your power!

Customize and develop your characters using the unique "Mantra" system.

Discover devastating combo attacks!

Dragon Quest - The Journey of the Cursed King Pre-Ordered Estimate Between:

11/04/2006 - 12/04/2006 1

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

• 3 weeks later...

Digital Devil Saga I & II were easily the best RPGs I had a chance to play during 05 (Yes, both games... They are incomplete without each other).

Everything is done so well. The characters, the setting, the voice acting and music are just incredible. The gameplay is very reminiscent of SMT: Nocturne (which is easily the best TB combat I have ever played). Yes, that includes the incredibly high encounter rate (though not as high) and very unforgiving battle mechanics... the system rewards skill above all else.

The characters are all beautiful and the story so damn good.

so it's a game about cannibalism...

It's about so much more... Seriously, there is so much depth.

It's not for everyone like most SMT games however.

~ DQIII is a good game. The battle system is a bit simplistic, but still fun. The characters are very interesting and loveable. Story is simple, but it works well. The only real problem I have with the game is the amount of walking around.

I sure wish these games weren't only on the PS2.

Atlus has tried to introduce their games to a wider audience...

It's always the same old thing when they hit NA though... "Graphics aren't pretty enough and they are too hard." Hell, they actually felt they had to dumb down the difficulty level of Persona (PSone) and actually go as far as to censor out the entire Japanese race just to sell it in NA...

DQVIII has always have had little to no following. Kinda surprised they released it knowing how poorly DQVII did over here.

So yeah, can't really blame them for not trying a PC/Xbox version, it wouldn't sell most likely.

Games like this really piss me off at NA gamers, they're so used to crap they don't know a good game when they see it.

Fortunately Altus keeps trying to sell these games over here despite that.

Some companies don't understand the concept of optional difficulty levels.

There are difficulty levels in DDS/Nocturne... Hard and Harder. :(

Fortunately Altus keeps trying to sell these games over here despite that.

Let's hope the little success of DDS/Nocturne encourage them to release more SMT titles over here (Persona 3 above all else). :rolleyes:

FAN-tastic :D

One down! One to go! :)

I love these games so much I'm tempted to play Persona 2 next (for the first time) rather than keep waiting until after I find a copy of Persona to play first)