pet peeve

Gromnir

Yeah, nothing like waking up to the ringing phone only to have some fellow named "Dave" offer to make me a bid "to pick up my trash and haul it to the dump." I know why the swine used an autodialer. He wouldn't have wanted to hear what I'd've had to say.

I dunno. I've always thought of irony as requiring layers of meaning, at least two will suffice. I'm not much of a stickler for grammar or spelling, though.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hey, its not face to face here and I an do so at my pleasure. If I don't want to respond to someone then I don't. If someone doesn't want to respond to me then they don't. It is completely up to the individual if they wish to respndor not and it never interrupts one's sleep unlike those damn door ringers.

Christians who buzz my doorbell at 10 am in the morning.  I work the graveyard and I have no interest in talking to people about God when I am sleeping.  If I wanted to talk to Christians about god face to face I would go to a bloody church.

You're a one track mind sort of fellow, aren't you?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You must live in some exceptionally religious neighbourhood Hades.

I've had my doorbell rung once in 15 years.

Oh, now Hades managed to get some sympathy from folks eager to agree with him at one point and so he uses this tired excuse constantly. I'm sure it's happened to him. I'm equally sure he's maybe made a little more out of the experiences than they warrant. At any rate, try not to slap the pond.

Obsidian Plays

A pet peeve of mine is people who spell like a dyslexic intentionally on internet message boards.

Atrocities like 'Threw' instead of 'Through', 'U' instead of 'You' etc.

And then then are conceited enough, to think that they have impressed their peers somehow by spelling like a bloody internet peasant :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A pet peeve of mine is people who spell like a dyslexic intentionally on internet message boards.

Atrocities like 'Threw' instead of 'Through', 'U' instead of 'You' etc.

And then then are conceited enough, to think that they have impressed their peers somehow by spelling like a bloody internet peasant  :)

The classic rebuttal:

LOL u shud shut up, dis ain't no inglish asininement ROFL

^And why the hell don't you go do something else more constructive rather then picking on Hades in a double post, one word - pathetic....cool off mister......

I'm having trouble understanding. Did I just get flamed? :Eldar's shaking his head with a wry grin icon:

Obsidian Plays

Simply post the definitions is not gonna help noways as people ain't really understanding them in the first place or ain't reading 'em in full.

There are glimmers of irony in light of the fact that Gromnir, too, might have misjudged much of his audience. That is to say, many who ignore the OED

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Simply post the definitions is not gonna help noways as people ain't really understanding them in the first place or ain't reading 'em in full.

There are glimmers of irony in light of the fact that Gromnir, too, might have misjudged much of his audience. That is to say, many who ignore the OED

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

I would like to ask the mods to delete this pointless thread please....

That's one of my pet peeves. Someone asking for a thread to be closed. I don't understand how a thread bothers them.

Also, Hildegard is a pet peeve for me.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

??? :

PM is not working for me, and lately many, not harassing or whatever posts of me are disappearing.

Meta!? Did you do something again:rolleyes:

I wasn't online! I know I'm powerful, but that's ridiculous.

A pet peeve of mine is US grammar.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

??? :

PM is not working for me, and lately many, not harassing or whatever posts of me are disappearing.

Meta!? Did you do something again:(

jorian, that happened to me a month or so ago. They showed up again several days later. It's probably a glitch in the board database. Keep an eye out for them and let me know. If they don't show up again soon, I'll notify admin about the problem.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.