Has anyone played K2 before K1?

KOTOR was for me the dawn of a new age. IT was the game thats broke the barrier and allowed action/FPS gamers to open up. I myself HATE RPGs. I only played KOTOR because 1. it was a Star Wars game and 2. I saw the trailer. I was blown away. ANd take it from me (a guy who HATES RPGs) I LOVED KOTOR. IT had one the most intersting storylines in a game for a LONG time.

Exactly the same with me. :D

I hated Final Fantasy (my cousin is huge RPG fan though, I just think he's slow witted :rolleyes:" ) and after seeing other RPG's having the same fantasy thing with weird or anime style magic, standing around to get shot, and all the friend talk of "my level (blah) character beats your level (blah) character"/"I got level 99 really eary" (blah blah) - I just thought, nup, RPG's are boring and crap.

But yeh, cousin intro-d KotOR to me (he didn't have it, just told me the name), so I had a look at the trailer....eventually....and only cos it had Star Wars in the name. So anyway yeh, saw the trailer and gave it a chance and yeh, one of the best games I've played.

I still hate all those other RPG's though. KotOR appeals to me cos the way they've done it; 3rd person view, no zoom-to-battle, level cap, and no "summoning devils/angels/roast turkeys" made it seem more like JK with a very good story, conversations and peaceful enviroments.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I kinda found K1 to be a little short as well, as the game did shove you forward quite often (or so it seemed to me)

... and the Star Forge made the Trayus Academy look entertaining. At least the Bastila moment was nice...

Weird thing was, on the Star Forge, K2 could have still happened if Revan died. You would have just had the DS ending of K1 and replace the name "Revan" with the name "Malak". Wow.

yeah, the continual spiriling of those stairways and walkways spanning for ages, and continually being ambushed and relentlessly being attacked by sith troopers and dark jedi, sometimes you where lucky enough to reach the part where the ships are spawned, only to find turrets in their 10's

hated Final Fantasy (my cousin is huge RPG fan though, I just think he's slow witted  :huh:" ) and after seeing other RPG's having the same fantasy thing with weird or anime style magic, standing around to get shot, and all the friend talk of "my level (blah) character beats your level (blah) character"/"I got level 99 really eary" (blah blah) - I just thought, nup, RPG's are boring and crap.

But yeh, cousin intro-d KotOR to me (he didn't have it, just told me the name), so I had a look at the trailer....eventually....and only cos it had Star Wars in the name. So anyway yeh, saw the trailer and gave it a chance and yeh, one of the best games I've played.

I still hate all those other RPG's though. KotOR appeals to me cos the way they've done it; 3rd person view, no zoom-to-battle, level cap, and no "summoning devils/angels/roast turkeys" made it seem more like JK with a very good story, conversations and peaceful enviroments.

i played FFVIII and that was alright, but it gave you eyestrain how you had to read all that dialogue, like you said it gets boring and when i heard of KotOR being a RPG i thought it would have been junk, so eventually tried it and i expected it like Final Fantasy but star wars theme, but i was mistaken it was so much better as mentioned it didnt have that zoom into battle arena thing. you where more free, and so much was effected by what you said, and i was really compelled by this game

Yeah, I hate Japanese rpg:s. Western are better :) (Baldurs Gates, NWN, Kotor etc)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

BG and NWN aren't really for me either. I'm not a huge fan of fantasy or mystical type things. Like LOTR for instance - the movies were entertaining but ONLY because I like Rome Total War. All that other stuff about elves, dead people not dead or whatever I just consider stupid. Haven't played Battle for Middle Earth yet but given how I didn't like WarCraft III I'm not gonna get it.

Sure force powers are "magic" as well but at least it's not like summoning spirits or transforming or whatever.

Well in terms of playing K1/K2 first, I would always play them in order cos the newer one will always have superior gameplay features (like menus, weapon switch, etc) because they are lessons learned from the first one. It's like trying to play Jedi Outcast again after Academy but not being able to do fancy saber moves.

lol, even with Pazaak you have to have played K1 Pazaak to appreciate the changes introduced into K2.

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

lol, even with Pazaak you have to have played K1 Pazaak to appreciate the changes introduced into K2.

Yeah no kidding, I suck at Pazaak in K1. I'm completely winless there...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

How can you cheat at Pazaak when the numbers come randomly?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Lol I loved K2 and STILL haven't played K1... I heard that the first had a better storyline... but i think I would find it harder to enjoy now that I have tasted the enchancements of KOTOR 2 to have them taken away again...

K2 has an easier-to-use interface than K1

DAWUSS

This may sound obvious, but the things that were complete in K2 were better than their K1 counterpart

DAWUSS

This may sound obvious, but the things that were complete in K2 were better than their K1 counterpart

such as?

I have to admit, that gameplay etc. are better, but that is obvious. It is always same thing with sequel. They add and update stuff, unles sequel is made pretty badly.

Still, I like k1 more. :p

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Story of Kotor was very Star Wars :lol:

If by "very Star Wars" you mean "filled with Star Wars cliches", then yes, it was very Star Wars.

K2 had a better storyline. The evidence is exactly the same as the one the K2 bashers in this thread coined; it's reproduced below in this post.

Edited by Sikon