The Ferret Conspiracy

Llyranor

Dun dun DARRRRRRRR!

PS It is not uncommon practice is business to have Project Managers that specialize in different parts of the cycle: a "starter", a "steady state manager" and a "finisher", for example. But it is more than likely that all the design work is finished at this point (note: not necessarily all the coding), and Mr Ferret has moved onto the next project.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The tragedy of all this is that the Lead Designer position at Obsidian is decided by a Thunder Dome* match.

Ferret died well and Joseph Bulock is quite happy with his new position

*in this case recreated by a large storage closet.

Edited by kumquatq3

Who bets that Sawyer will manage to ressurect Jefferson in one form or another?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

But it is more than likely that all the design work is finished at this point (note: not necessarily all the coding), and Mr Ferret has moved onto the next project.
That's what I was going to say. But then I saw your post had mysteriously changed...

So that is why you were so eager to be made a mod!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

JE didn't actually confirm that Ferret left Obs, it was NWN2News that claim that they've 'confirmed' it.

For all we know, maybe Ferret was just removed from the Bioboards PRECISELY because he's not working specifically on NWN2 anymore.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Seems unusual. It is late in development which is actually a good thing, though sudden departures of lead designers don't usually indicate good things.

Hopefully the departure is because his work is no longer required (as it's all done) and he's just moving on to a different opportunity in his life. I am still concerned with this news though.

Jeff! Where are thou?

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

NWN2 Xpac!

That's what I had in mind.

What is the average life expectancy for companies where J.E.Sawyer is lead on a Forgotten Realms game ? :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Good luck on future endaevers.  Here is a thought...  Maybe he got hired by Bethesda to work on Fallout 3 since Oblivion is finished.

To fix all the things that they "dont do well", to quote the Devs themselves. :thumbsup:

But I doubt Bethesda will do anything more exciting to Fallout3 than change their "amazing" soil erosion feature to a sand erosion feature :lol:"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

They still have those links to the interviews with fancy Lead Designer Ferret Baudoin on the main page. And now he is gone. Strange. Word from the involved parties would be nice. Until then it's bad news.

Yes, because a company usually makes public statements about their human resources, so if they don't it must be bad. :)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmm, yeah, that's him. I guess he's not at Obs anymore, then.

When I post something on the front page and say its 'confirmed', you can take it to the bank. I do not take rumor or speculation as fact.

"Confirmed" means I talked to someone official.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Hmm, yeah, that's him. I guess he's not at Obs anymore, then.

When I post something on the front page and say its 'confirmed', you can take it to the bank. I do not take rumor or speculation as fact.

"Confirmed" means I talked to someone official.

oooo who'd ya talk to? ;)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT