New nvidia card yet again!

Bokishi

I wouldn't be rushing out to buy a new GPU in the next few weeks: I am on target for about six months (estimate), as I've said before, the dust should be settled by then as to what tech is worth it and what is a white elephant.

On the bright side, you can recycle that machine as a PVR or a Linux firewall-proxy-server for your home network, or both. >_<

After a quick google search, it looks like maybe it won't be so bad to upgrade my MoBo. 500 bucks will get me one with dual xeon compatibility, 4 PCI-E slots, and 16 GB of potential RAM capability... Maybe with my Tax refund I should get one of those and a new GPU.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

No. No visibility at all.

Currently the best (for games) is AMD Athlon and nVIDIA SLI on a nVIDIA motherboard.

But everything WILL change in the next six months. A LOT.

6 months from now: Intel will take over, and SLI will die because they can squeeze 2 boards on one geforce 8800, and quad sli will only be reserved for people with big phat monitors that no one can afford ^_^

Self Contained Water Cooled Radeon X1900, Retail

Posted by CowboyNeal on Saturday March 18, @03:45PM

from the not-just-for-case-modders-anymore dept.

Spinnerbait writes "Graphics cards are all the rage in the Enthusiast Computing community, where overclocking standard off-the-shelf components is commonplace. Recently innovative cooling solutions have been brought to Graphics cards in an effort to tame the thermals of their power hungry GPUs. It looks like some of the major vendors have taken it up a notch in this area, with this ATI-based Sapphire Graphics card that employs a self-contained water cooling system. Not only does the card have potential for serious overclocking but it should do so relatively quietly as well."

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Wow... Thats too much money for me dudes, I'm sure. Ill stick to whats next best when it comes to CPU's and graphic cards. It is very pretty though! :ermm:

Whats the best Sound card out to get now? I tend on keeping it for probably have a decade like the one im using now since they aren't that extravagant. I was thinking about the New Creative cards. Anyone have any better suggestions? I play alot of music and games that are heavy on the specs. Thanks in advance! :D

Brand Creative

Series Sound Blaster X-Fi

Model XtremeMusic

Audio core

Audio Chipset X-Fi

Channels 7.1

Sample Rate 96KHz

Digital Audio 24-bit

SNR 109dB

Interface PCI

logob.jpg

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Get the xtreme music, the Fatal1ty card is a waste of money because hardly any games use xram.

cool cool. I hope i see a performance boost in FEAR and GTA SA. :ermm:

I wonder if this is over kill though. Because i typically just use my headphones.

We'll just have to see! :thumbsup:

Myspace Website!

My rig

No. X-fi was designed for headphones. In fact while your at it, pick up some Bose Triports.

Sweet! As for the headphones, they look great but im attached to the ones that fit around your ears and go around the back of your head. In other words I have a pet peeve for the headphones that put a dent in my hair due to resting on my head. :ph34r: Any other suggestions though man?! :p

Myspace Website!

My rig

No. X-fi was designed for headphones. In fact while your at it, pick up some Bose Triports.

Sweet! As for the headphones, they look great but im attached to the ones that fit around your ears and go around the back of your head. In other words I have a pet peeve for the headphones that put a dent in my hair due to resting on my head. :ph34r: Any other suggestions though man?! :p

More ram?

Remember folks: 

Every time you overclock a kitten gets killed.

My god...I'm a kitten serial killer. :p

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Sweet! As for the headphones, they look great but im attached to the ones that fit around your ears and go around the back of your head.  In other words I have a pet peeve for the headphones that put a dent in my hair due to resting on my head.  :ph34r:  Any other suggestions though man?! ;)

More ram?

No, i don't want to upgrade my ram. I have 1 gig of 3200 Ram. I only want to upgrade what will transfer in my next Computer next winter. Its very tempting. And my ram isn't high performance to begin with. Its bascialy Value ram from Samsung.

With each computer i build, i learn. And each one also gets more expensive :) But the more i put into them the longer they last! :D

Myspace Website!

My rig

Not only does the card have potential for serious overclocking but it should do so relatively quietly as well."

Relatively quiet over-clocking if you use water cooling. REVOLUSHION!

Yes, that is sarcasm.

It's the water-cooling on the graphics card that is revolutionary, not the water cooling, per se. But you knew that.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

REPLACE your low performance RAM with hi-performance RAM.

Thats what i meant. I didn't want to upgrade, or REPLACE my ram because id rather just wait it out until i can get a new motherboard next winter. Unless that is the new motherboards accepts DDR2 Ram :alien:

Myspace Website!

My rig

The new nVIDIA 7900GTX and 7900GT are just the 7800GTX and 7800GT, only using a 90nm die instead of 110nm (thus will run cooler / allow for higher clockspeed). The 7900GTX only comes with 256MB DDR3 RAM, also.

The new nVIDIA 7600GT (

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT