KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

One question: What's the hurry with Kotor 3? I am happy long as it comes out (I hope at 2007), but why we need to scream for it like "They must start developing of kotor 3 now!"

There are plenty of fantastic games coming out, and even most die hard Kotor should find them to be appealing. Well, Oblivion is already out, so...

1) Neverwinter Nights 2 (seems to be fantastic game, and hey, it is Obsidian's next one! :) )

2) The Witcher (great coming RPG, set on Andrzej Sapkowski's fantasy world. Seems to be nice. Coming out for Christmas or next January if my memory works. )

3) Mass Effect (this is one that I am most interested. It seems to be Kotor and Star Control 2 in one packet, yumm... :ermm:trailer though I don't find it to be very good one)

4) Bioshock (coming out 2007, go to find some info if words System Shock doesn't mean anything)

And dozens of other games.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Here's a suggestion for K3:Make it already,or if you are working on it,announce it already.

^Indeed ;)

Why? The first KotOR was nice and complete in of itself it did not need a sequel. Story wise it was complete with the first game. Tacking on a continuation of a completed story was one of the worse things LA and Obsidian could have done with KotOR 2. I say let the Kotor series be dead and buried and pretend KotOR 2 does not exist.

I agree with Hades. All would be well without Kotor 2 screwing up storyline of Kotor era. Without it there would be no cliffhanger ending, and with no cliffhanger ending, there would be no need for Kotor 3.

Even with complete game, Kotor series would need third part. Story ends to cliffhanger anyway.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I agree with Hades. All would be well without Kotor 2 screwing up storyline of Kotor era. Without it there would be no cliffhanger ending, and with no cliffhanger ending, there would be no need for Kotor 3.

Even with complete game, Kotor series would need third part. Story ends to cliffhanger anyway.

I agree there really was no need for kotor 2 in the 1st game's era they could have placed the game in a different time era like 1000 years before OT. Now however they need to finsh the series cause k2 as u said was a cliffhanger. On a side note i cant play oblivian my computers too slow ;)

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Well, if you can't play Oblivion you can't play any other of those games I mentioned. And if your computer is too slow for Oblivion, then it surely be too slow for Kotor 3 when/if it comes out.

Same with me though. I'll buy 7900 GT at fall, or I wait to next year and get totally new, ass kicking computer. It is hard to wait though, so I'll propably just buy 7900 GT and new memory.

But I understand your feeling, only reason why I am even considering to buy 7900 GT is because I want to play NWN 2 immeadiatly when it comes out.

Other option is to buy Xbox 360. Besides, Mass Effect seems to be Xcox 360 only game, but Jade Empire was ment to be Xbox only game too...

Meh, I am ranting

The women in Kotor II way to small waists, they need to make then alittle more realistic. And the alien launguage gap was filled with Revan knowing alot of languages and The Exile haveing their little translator thingy, i think yuou should have certain party member who can speek certain alien dialects to keep things intresting, and Im planning on buying an Ibook, if they did make Kotor III would it work on it?

Well, if you can't play Oblivion you can't play any other of those games I mentioned. And if your computer is too slow for Oblivion, then it surely be too slow for Kotor 3  when/if it comes out.

Same with me though. I'll buy 7900 GT at fall, or I wait to next year and get totally new, ass kicking computer. It is hard to wait though, so I'll propably just buy 7900 GT and new memory.

But I understand your feeling, only reason why I am even considering to buy 7900 GT is because I want to play NWN 2 immeadiatly when it comes out.

Other option is to buy Xbox 360. Besides, Mass Effect seems to be Xcox 360 only game, but Jade Empire was ment to be Xbox only game too...

Meh, I am ranting

Yeah I may buy a 360 and proply get a new computer in a year or two

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

I was thinking on an idea for the combat system. What if they made it so that it was kinda force aided. What I mean by that is, a Jedi is supposed to let the force guide his actions, so if you had a little voice, or maybe just a glow hinting at what move or force power would be the best thing for the moment, it seems like it would add to the game.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

Another thing might be having voice-overs for a PC. My character in K2 was almost muted out without having that while other characters had voices.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Most certainly. An improvement to this system would be a good improvement to the game. While I can see at least one or two components from a grenade able to be incorporated into a lightsaber emitter, I can't see anything from a grenade used in medical practices. (Unless, that is, they've found a way to use harmful chemicals for such things.)

I can also think of an improvement to the "apprentice system". In the game, once you got a character - such as Mira for example - force sensitive, that was the end of it... besides assigning her force powers as he/she leveled up. What I would like to suggest for this is two things:

1 - Only have one apprentice under you. This way, you can develop a closer and much more personal relationship with you're apprentice, as is sometimes the case with Star Wars, perhaps even form a bond with that apprentice over time. (Though, obviously, on a much lesser scale to the Revan/Bastila bond and the Exile "instant bond maker.") (This can also be swapped around so you are the apprentice, and have a master, like the Kreia/Exile relationship.)

2 - Help them learn along the way of their apprenticeship, rather than having a "now you're force sensitive, sod off" way of doing it. It would add extra depth to a Star Wars RPG of any sort. Develop your own style of teaching, choosing to either lead by example, or provide your apprentice(s) with cryptic messages for them to figure out. Be your own Kreia. :D

agreed,just a game of apprentice and master could make a good game so it would make kotor 3 that much of a masterpiece

*KUDOS* :wub:

Why?  The first KotOR was nice and complete in of itself it did not need a sequel.  Story wise it was complete with the first game.  Tacking on a continuation of a completed story  was one of the worse things LA and Obsidian could have done with KotOR 2.  I say let the Kotor series be dead and buried and pretend KotOR 2 does not exist.

I'll agree with you. I'd still like another SW RPG to be done the same way the KotOR series. The problem is, we are running out of time periods to base stories in. Any further into the future and we'll be hitting 'our' time, and any further in the past we we'll be forced to use those battery-powered-lightsabers.

Another thing might be having voice-overs for a PC. My character in K2 was almost muted out without having that while other characters had voices.

Way too much data.

Look at the amount of dialog-files the first two games had, it's around 600mb if I remember correctly. Most of this dialog is a direct answer to something you said, which pretty much doubles the data if you give your character a voice, triples it because of the gender option and turns out to be six or seven times that large, if you want to give the player the option to choose a voice (three options each). That's a whole DVD just for dialog.

Not quite. What I am referring to is having some sort of response from a PC whenever a PC is selected. And that is what I meant. It is like how K1 had something like 'Yes?' whenever his/her character was selected. I doubt that these will take up more than those which involve extensive conversations and dialogue lines as they involve only a few words.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Argh, that sounds too normal for SW. What, are we getting Amulet of Natural armor +7 in k3 now? :)

I haven't posted here for a while over a year I believe, mostly because upon the release of the 360 I sold my xbox and all of my games to afford more room for my new console and games. But I just played KOTOR1 and 2 on the pc and I noticed something. Its probably been mentioned but I feel I should mention it. KOTOR one ended almost exactly like A New Hope and KOTOR 2 had a definate Empire feel to it. It may be a mute point but I believe it was worth mentioning.

I haven't posted here for a while over a year I believe, mostly because upon the release of the 360 I sold my xbox and all of my games to afford more room for my new console and games. But I just played KOTOR1 and 2 on the pc and I noticed something. Its probably been mentioned but I feel I should mention it. KOTOR one ended almost exactly like A New Hope and KOTOR 2 had a definate Empire feel to it. It may be a mute point but I believe it was worth mentioning.

Bastila_Shan

Member Join Date: Mar 2005

Hello eveyone

I PM'ed Feargus Urquhart from obsidian and asked about whether they will ever do Kotor III and this is a reply I got in my PM box from Feargus Urquhart:

Quote:

Hi,

It's tough for me to talk about KotOR3 specifically. I can say that we are not working on it. However, when it comes to what LucasArts is doing or not doing - I can't really comment. To work with a publisher we have to sign contracts that say we can't talk about things that they tell us when they haven't talked about them publically yet.

Sorry,

Feargus

Any way I won't give up guys, I still hope for a Kotor III and I won't give up until there is an actual no from LA or George Lucas.

Any way read the quote above.

-Bas

There is proof that it exists

I think KOTOR III should mainly be focused on the Exile and Revan meeting up with eachother, or having a third character go out and find them. At some point in the game Revan and the Exile should fight the Sith Empire together.

Meanwhile, I believe some of your KOTOR II party members should stay on Malachor V or Dantioone and start up a New Jedi Order. (The person depends on who is still alive after the TSLRP.)

This is just what I think may happen...

"May the Force be with you."

I think KOTOR III should mainly be focused on the Exile and Revan meeting up with eachother, or having a third character go out and find them. At some point in the game Revan and the Exile should fight the Sith Empire together.

Meanwhile, I believe some of your KOTOR II party members should stay on Malachor V or Dantioone and start up a New Jedi Order. (The person depends on who is still alive after the TSLRP.)

Isnt Malachor destroyed

Isnt Malachor destroyed

On the lightside ending it is... and since that is the canon ending I'm guessing that the academy will be on Dantioone, or maybe Telos...

"May the Force be with you."

I just beat the game again and kreia said that the Academy on dantonnie would remain lifeless.

I just beat the game again and kreia said that the Academy on dantonnie would remain lifeless.

Dantooine shouldn't be in Kotor III, its fate would be all dependent on what the excile did, and a cheep explanation of why the mercenaries aren't on the plantet and ruling (if excile was ds) would just suck, and people would piss and moan. and they should include Dvakvar Grahrk (was the origanl charater intended in the disciples place) and Kaevee who was suposed to be in the game but was removed for time constraints (Lucas <_< )

Edited by CephasT