New Oblivion Review - 93%

Llyranor

I won't buy a Bethesda game on the day of release.  I would wait a few weeks.  There are only two developers I trust enough to buy their games on release.

Namely?

Interplay and Troika.

Right on. That also means he'll get FOOL on release.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

There are only two developers I trust enough to buy their games on release.

There aren't any devs I trust enough, but sometimes we as humans are forced to irrational acts of love and devotion. :thumbsup:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

There are only two developers I trust enough to buy their games on release.

There aren't any devs I trust enough, but sometimes we as humans are forced to irrational acts of love and devotion. :thumbsup:

:wub:

Will you marry me?

Yes. [ ]

No. [ ]

Place an x in the appropriate box.

Are you developing a wiki-style crpg? I swoon over hype-linked text.

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

So, when its released will you be able to talk about your experiences SS? Are you allowed to disclose if you think it sucks or not?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If he wants to lose his job, sure.

That being said, the Graphics Whore in me is getting solid vibes from this game, I'll wait for some user input before completely making up my mind.

I'm a sell-out.

Edited by Baley

There are no spears in Oblivion so you'll have to change that a bit. I have to say that I find it a bit humorous that the Tamriel Empire, just as the Roman empire in the real world, prided itself for it's light infantery who were trained in the art of the sword and the SPEAR doesn't have one of their most important weapons anymore.

So...wait...let me get this straight. There aren't any freaking spears? :blink: No halberds even? What happened? I loved those weapons in Morrowind!

Gah! :- ...ok...no big deal. I'll settle for a broadsword.

But really now, who's call was that? And why??

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

foof. I always mess up a good thing. :-

hyperlink dialougue is a solid foundation for any marriage.

poopy animation. Can't do everything and something's got to go. And spears are made to be tossed. :-

poopy animation. Can't do everything and something's got to go. And spears are made to be tossed. :blink:

Excuses and lies! :-

This does suck though...not affecting my buying it though.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Excellent.

Perhaps you will marry me?

In a pathetic attempt to get this thread on-topic. NO, you can't marry anyone in Oblivion, and you can't have kids. Actually, there's no kids at all in Oblivion.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

PC Gamer had a big exclusive Oblivion feature a while ago.

Bribe might be a bit harsh. But since your exlusives are what bring readers (on or offline) there will naturally be a desire to keep large companies "happy". Otherwise your biting the hand that feeds you.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]