Spore

Jacl Thompson will be on Maxis's ass.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

He already is/was

Did you know The Sims2 has photo-realistic looks of genitalia... even for the kids and thus is a perfect tool for phedophiles to train?

No, me neither... but Thompson surely did know. Shows what kind of mods he uses (hey, how could he find Hot Coffee else eh) :("

anyone have any idea when this is coming out?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It looks innovative and different.  My biggest hopes for the game have nothing to do with the actual game, but the design of it (procedural, procedural, procedural).

I noticed they put that out there every chance they got. It sounds delightful, and could be a very good way of doing things in the future. I also think there could be enourmously different gameplay experiences each play through, given that it downloads user content (random), and you can create totally unique and difference characters each time. I'm hooked....how much longer again? :p

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I might be giving this game a try when I get the computer.  Man, I need $1500 NOW!

I was amazed what I could do with 1500 dollars when I first built my own system. Of course, this being the first time and all, there were rookie mistakes and hang-ups and foibles and the like.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I'm guessing 2008.

THere is no release date though.

Well it looked like it was pretty far along from the video, and that came out around this time last year. Plus it has a website already, so I'm guessing sometime this year. Hopefully.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It looks innovative and different.  My biggest hopes for the game have nothing to do with the actual game, but the design of it (procedural, procedural, procedural).

I noticed they put that out there every chance they got. It sounds delightful, and could be a very good way of doing things in the future. I also think there could be enourmously different gameplay experiences each play through, given that it downloads user content (random), and you can create totally unique and difference characters each time. I'm hooked....how much longer again? :)

Procedural graphics production is a BIG deal. Dynamic, on-the-fly rendering of objects based on their intrinsic attibutes (leg shapes that are faster, talons that allow digging, etc) provides a BIG BOOST to developers (at the expense of roomfuls of artists).

This will have a psotive impact on game development, all that remains to be seen is how large.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Meta for the win!

I'm hoping it creates a new paradigm for software development, to help combat rising costs. It's more work for programmers, but I think it's mroe than offset by not needing millions of content artists.

A ring world?

HALO!!! Holy ****, I wonder if I can make Elites...or Jackals...or Hunters...or Grunts...or Prophets...omg...I could model an entire world after Halo. :( Maybe...hopefully...

Why am I so excited?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast