Spore

Hmm... if you're talking about using the Spore Engine for a seperate RPG game, then I'm intrigued... An RPG about alien mutation, ala Bioshock, perhaps?

Not entirely sure about Tigranes' idea, but I think he's suggesting the use of Spore's procedural content to handle combat, or other types of interactions, in a roleplayng game.

What I don't understand is when you make something like a Care Bear, not using any of the pre-made legs/arms how does the game know where you want your skeleton to be?

Because there is only one place the skeleton CAN be. Everything is utilitarian. Creatures walk a certain way because their skeleton moves that way.

One of the great things I noticed about the game was the way it subsumed a lot of logic; like, for example, when looking for an inhabited solar system, he searches for radio signals.

It's a great sandbox: the ultimate sandbox. :cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What's really cool is that video is a year old and E3 and GDC are coming up pretty fast.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Way fast, isn't just in a few weeks?

GDC starts on the 20th(ends of 24th) and E3 starts on the 10th(ends 12th). They moved E3 up this year, I wonder why? I also wonder why March is when all the big game conferences are held.

There's CeBIT in a week or two, too.

What's that?

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I wonder how the coloring system works becuase when he was in editor his animals were gray but when he left it, they had color.

Don't know, I know his dinosaur thing and those spider things were different colors. Maybe a year ago they weren't done with their coloring tool yet.

Edited by Craigboy2

That spider-thing that came after his tripod was pretty kewl.

Yes it was. I bet you ten bucks that a year after the game comes out it'll be filled with copyrighted material from various shows, games and comic books. I can't wait to make Batman!

EDIT: I wonder if you can make humans?

Edited by Craigboy2

Yes it was. I bet you ten bucks that a year after the game comes out it'll be filled with copyrighted material from various shows, games and comic books. I can't wait to make Batman!

Manbat!

EDIT: Of course you can create humans.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Manbat!

EDIT: Of course you can create humans.

Than I'll probably end up creating earth...sorta, just in my own twisted mind. Muhahahaha!

You just want to see humans procedurally mating. :blink:"

I think both sexies look the same in spore, I didn't see any differences betwen the tripods.

Edited by Craigboy2

Gaming Steve

Gaming Steve is a gaming podcast site that contains a repository of nearly all the Spore related information available to date. He was amongst, if not the, first to report the news about Spore a year ago.

Thanks! :)

You just want to see humans procedurally mating. :-"

Instructional video ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Or better yet! I can make planet of the apes!

I think both sexies look the same in spore, I didn't see any differences betwen the tripods.
Oh, then it's just a little harmless homoeroticism.

Not even that, they just kind of walk through each other.

You're killing me here Craigboy2. :-

Does anyone have plans on what sort of creatures they'll make? I really have no plans yet. I think I'll have to wait and see what the program is capable of first.

I'll probably just make something unoriginal first, like Krites or Dwarves.

Edited by Nartwak

I want to make some sort of winged humanoid if possible. possibly 4 arms with wings.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I want to make a huge sphere-like creature with lots and lots of legs. I want it to roll over the creatures it wants to devour. It will be slow, heavy and deadly!!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!