Movies You Have Seen Lately

Dark_Raven

A friend got us into a semi-advance screening of 16 blocks tonight. I had never heard of the movie and was somewhat dumbfounded when one of my friends started describing it as probaly being Die-Hard IIIish with crooked cops in the cab ride to the theater.

This movie really started to eat at me the first time Mos Def opened his mouth and proceded to get worse and worse. This was only the 2nd time I've walked out on a movie (Any Given Sunday) but luckily there are several bars within walking distance of the theater.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Bridge on the River Kwai. Sir Alec Guiness and ensemble cast produce a complex (who said old films were simple?) and totally convincing experience. try as hard as I might, I couldn't see their acting and was enchanted by their performances.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Saw Descent on pay-per-view last night. A couple of good jumps, and some chunky rotting flesh. Nice.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I watched Walk The Line last night. Now my copies of Waterworld and the Warriors will have some company on the DVD shelf. It wasn't a bad film.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Bridge on the River Kwai. Sir Alec Guiness and ensemble cast produce a complex (who said old films were simple?) and totally convincing experience. try as hard as I might, I couldn't see their acting and was enchanted by their performances.

Excellent, excellent movie. I just saw it not too long ago myself.

Did you know that GL had to give him a % of the profits in order to get him to play Obi-Wan in SW? (And it was his idea to kill off the character in the first film so that he didn't have to say any more of the dialogue?) :))

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think a few of them got a percentage instead of a full salary for Star Wars, I know Princess Leia did so. The reason was the budget was pretty maxed out for Star Wars, and there was no gaurantee it would be successful. It was a major gamble to take a percentage over a paycheck, but it paid off huge.

I thought it was a % of the profits from sales of merchandise.

Yeah, he got a slice of everything iirc. Ended up being able to buy the village he lived in, and the county, too. Didn't bother him, though, he still drank at the same little pub with all his village friends (I don't know what he did with the moolah).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT