What are you playing now....

Darque

Been killing a few Collosi. Normally I detest platform games, but something about hanging on desperately trying to avoid being shaken off. And studying patterns so you can get on in the first place works for me.

The artistry of the game as well as the horse just makes it a pleasure to ride across the landscape and look at the views.

How far along are you Shadow? Agro for teh win!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

How far along are you Shadow?  Agro for teh win!!

Either 7 or 8. It's one in the middle of lake. I'm still in the search phase. I've played it before but It's the first time I've actually had a chance to play it from the start and to just enjoy it rather than skip from battle to battle.

I really like the way it teleports you back to the temple after every battle so you never forget what you are fighting for.

Theres this weird kind of elation mixed with sadness everytime I kill one. Bit like when I had to kill The Final Aeon in FFX..

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

X2 the Threat.

Is it any good? :)

Oh its great. If you are into that kind of thing. An open-ended space sim with a lot of building and trading and fighting and managing and flying.

I'm just waiting for X3 Reunion to get its 1.4 patch. Once that's done X3 should be all that X2 was and more.

Here is a link if you are interested: http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3/info_en.php

One of the cool things in X3 is that you can actually TURN OFF the story in the gameplay options and just play freeform in the universe. That's my kind of game!

ALthough I suppose it won't go over too well here! Story happy form that this is. :p

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

How far along are you Shadow? 

Either 7 or 8. It's one in the middle of lake.

You mean that flying bastard? I had such a hard time with that one.

I never finished that game ( like most of the ones I own), maybe I should get back into it. Then again, I still haven't completed God Of War, or Lego Star Wars, or seventy percent of the other games I own.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Doom3. Not having played a shooter of any kind in some time, I'm very rusty at aiming and shooting...but it looks good, and the atmosphere is even creepier/more horror than System Shock2. I spent a couple hours in the 'starter area' exploring and playing/giggling over that turkey game, and since then, I've only managed to finish the Mars Underground section because the creepiness stresses me out enough that I can't stand to play very long in one sitting. :o

Funny how a horror/suspense film doesn't scare me but games can - guess it's the interactive aspect maybe...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Funny how a horror/suspense film doesn't scare me but games can - guess it's the interactive aspect maybe...

Give it 15 more minutes and you'll be fine. The tension wears off very quickly as you realize the secret formula behind everything scary in Doom 3: "Oohh an ammo box, *snatch*, *sound of monster spawn behind back*".

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Heh, yeah, I read one review where the reviewer said he started ignoring half the pickups to avoid ambushes...

Still...I think they did a very nice job atmosphere wise. The flashlight business adds a lot, imo.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If you see any white tailed lizards ShadowPaladin, eat them.

Edit: That's number five Kor Qel Droma. I think he's on the seventh. It's sort of an electric sea serpent.

Edited by Nartwak

You mean that flying bastard?  I had such a hard time with that one.

I never finished that game ( like most of the ones I own), maybe I should get back into it.  Then again, I still haven't completed God Of War, or Lego Star Wars, or seventy percent of the other games I own.

No , really enjoyed that one. It was just what I thought killing a Dragon should be like. Fell off a few times mind, lucky enough not to hit a building.

The one I was after swims and hits you with electric attacks. I just got done with the Turtle (think it's 9).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

That ****ing turtle >_< . That thing bucks like a bronco!!

So you're fighting the snake now then?

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif